Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guard sees, er, something, float down hallway

The Caspian Hare

https://www.disclose.tv/security-guard-sees-ghost-in-chicago-347988

Bottom of the screen. It's really faint, a roundish blob that moves along the floor then off to the right. He's filming the security monitor with his phone which is why it's shaky and narrow.

his reaction is kinda funny. ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Caspian Hare said:

https://www.disclose.tv/security-guard-sees-ghost-in-chicago-347988

Bottom of the screen. It's really faint, a roundish blob that moves along the floor then off to the right. He's filming the security monitor with his phone which is why it's shaky and narrow.

his reaction is kinda funny. ^_^

Interesting because it was both on camera and seen by a live person; so it can't be just a camera artifact. In all my born days I can't say I've ever seen an orb that moved about the speed of a person walking without dispersing

One thing I'm not clear on is the narrator said he saw a ghost. Is the orb the 'ghost' or did he see something more than this.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

I don't see anything.

It looked more like a little Dog-Goblin or something.  Very, very faint and dim but shambling along.  I LOVED the guard's reaction :w00t:

• Like 3

On 10/4/2018 at 7:56 PM, papageorge1 said:

Interesting because it was both on camera and seen by a live person; so it can't be just a camera artifact. In all my born days I can't say I've ever seen an orb that moved about the speed of a person walking without dispersing

One thing I'm not clear on is the narrator said he saw a ghost. Is the orb the 'ghost' or did he see something more than this.

I think he was watching the cameras on his computer and saw it on the screen or that’s how it looked to me.

40 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

I think he was watching the cameras on his computer and saw it on the screen or that’s how it looked to me.

I don't see that as the most reasonable take on the story for a few reasons:

He mentions that it disappeared over by some desk which is not on the screen. It didn't disappear on the screen, it just left the frame.

His live reaction would not be warranted by the faintness of what little we saw on the screen.

The article said: During a night shift at the facility, security guard Jay Brown reportedly saw some sort of apparition lingering in the building.

At the end he is clearly facing the area of the room where the cloud was heading (not the screen).

Edit: Just to add it would quite odd to have him staring at a live feed of himself sitting at the front desk.

Edited by papageorge1

This is why I believe he saw it on the computer monitor....

Facing computer...

a6s01ZY.jpg

Still facing computer while “blob” goes by desk...

tk3oOPB.jpg

And still facing the computer...

LcThhJm.jpg

Also, we’re seeing a cell phone video of a video being played on a computer screen that was filmed by a security camera.

Why would it be odd, his job is security, it shows multiple cameras on his computer. 

@SecretSanta     But look at the end photo. Just no way would you think that barely visible cloud on the screen provoked that kind of response. It sounds like he had them go back later to see if anything got captured and he was pleased to find he had some evidence.

Security Guard Sees Ghost in Chicago

Edited by papageorge1

He saw something on the screen and looked in the direction it went on the security camera. He didn’t take off running after anything, he didn’t even walk around the desk. Just looks like he was checking to see if he could see anything. He knew he “saw” something at the time it was happening but I believe it was some type of reflection or artifact that was only visible on the monitor. 

34 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

He saw something on the screen and looked in the direction it went on the security camera. He didn’t take off running after anything, he didn’t even walk around the desk. Just looks like he was checking to see if he could see anything. He knew he “saw” something at the time it was happening but I believe it was some type of reflection or artifact that was only visible on the monitor. 

I am going to disagree and stick to my guns and there it will probably have to end. He said he saw that sh** and reacted in no way like you would expect from seeing a faint cloud on  screen that you probably would have never noticed if you weren't searching for it.

I think as it moved  past the desk it got his attention and then you see him standing and staring in the direction it moved and he talks about it disappearing and the disappearance isn't in the video. He's later pleased the video actually vindicated his observation. It  just moves out of the frame. I take it you are listening to the video also?

Edited by papageorge1

13 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

I think you nailed it, at first I couldn't explain it but it makes perfect sense. He NEVER said "I saw it with my naked eye", and he was staring at monitors at the time.

He saw it in the monitor, not IRL - and we all know security camera footage of "ghosts" is crap (at least the sensible people do).

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1