Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

8yr-old girl pulls sword from a lake

Eldorado

You do know that there's an entirely Monty Python reference here.

A 'salty bint' I think is one .

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

You do know that there's an entirely Monty Python reference here.

A 'salty bint' I think is one .

One of my favourite Python bits!

"I mean, if I went around saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I had a "didn't this happen last year?" moment. I briefly thought the Alzheimers was finally coming to exact it's payment for a life poorly lived, or it was some sort of Mandela effect ... then I found

this: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4848540/Schoolgirl-pulls-4ft-sword-Cornish-lake.html

*whew*

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The next one is just gonna be some old bloke pulling an old sword out of the bath tub, just you watch ...

~

• Haha 1

So does this make her the Lady of the Lake?  Will the person she gives the sword to become King?

• Like 2

I hope whatever museum it winds up in gives her some money for it...I mean, when she grows up she'll need a little something for health insurance, an education past high school, etc.

Oh, wait...She's not in the US. Nevermind.

• Like 2

i wouldnt have it any other way in the US. Id want people to pay for stuff that betters them, that way they value it more and grow up and stop being little entitled babies that think everything should be free......kinda like kids eh?

and liberals claim to be people of science, so much for survival of the fittest.

Edited by pbarosso

And somehow the sword is related to her, then she becomes attached to the sword by a spell binding cast. Later on she becomes the queen, and a legendary warrior. Just like in the books.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pbarosso said:

i wouldnt have it any other way in the US. Id want people to pay for stuff that betters them, that way they value it more and grow up and stop being little entitled babies that think everything should be free......kinda like kids eh?

and liberals claim to be people of science, so much for survival of the fittest.

23 hours ago, Seti42 said:

Oh, wait...She's not in the US. Nevermind.

Come on.  This is about a little girl finding a sword in a Swedish lake.  Plenty of other threads for politics.

The whole thing is pretty awesome.  Might have been an offering  rather than lost in battle. A  hiker found a viking age sword in ice along a mountain trail  in Norway about 3 years ago I think.  As more and more people hike and travel there may be more to discover..   Some of the swords found  from the 700-1000 ad period associated with battles or graves  have been intentionally bent double. Best guess from historians is that if you defeated a foe, you didn't want him coming for you with a good sword in the afterlife.  I think this sword was pre-viking.  I am hoping to hear more about the metallurgy and form and whether it was deemed to be local or an import.  Exciting times.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, pbarosso said:

You must be a real hit at parties.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

She'll have a story to tell her children and grandchildren.

On 07/10/2018 at 9:36 AM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Are offering weapons usually in their scabbards?

Not from what I remember but they were sometimes 'sacrificed' (bent, broken or otherwise made unusable). Not always though. 

15 hours ago, Hawken said:

She'll have a story to tell her children and grandchildren.

“So how did you become Queen?”

”Well, I was a mere wisp of a lass and I pulled a sword from a lake...”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well at least she did not get to be Queen just because some Prince swept her off her feet and absconded her to a far aways place

~

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

“So how did you become Queen?”

”Well, I was a mere wisp of a lass and I pulled a sword from a lake...”

I think you're misunderstanding my comment. I was saying since she found a sword of an extraordinary find,

she'll have something to tell future generations. No pun intended on the girl. Geez :blink:

9 minutes ago, Hawken said:

I think you're misunderstanding my comment. I was saying since she found a sword of an extraordinary find,

she'll have something to tell future generations. No pun intended on the girl. Geez :blink:

I understood, I thought I’d add some levity.

• Thanks 1