Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pinning Posts.

danydandan

I started a maths brain teaser thread. Is it possible for me to pin a post to the top of the thread.

As I'd like to be able to pin the current unsolved teaser to the top.

Sadly no, there's never been a forum feature for pinning specific posts in a thread, only for pinning topics in a specific forum section.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/5/2018 at 8:19 AM, danydandan said:

I started a maths brain teaser thread. Is it possible for me to pin a post to the top of the thread.

As I'd like to be able to pin the current unsolved teaser to the top.

Could you maybe ask a mod to edit your OP with the new teasers, keeping them updated? That'd kinda be what you're looking for, no?

14 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Could you maybe ask a mod to edit your OP with the new teasers, keeping them updated? That'd kinda be what you're looking for, no?

That would make rather a mess of the topic as there would be a lot of answers to a post that no longer exists.

7 minutes ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

That would make rather a mess of the topic as there would be a lot of answers to a post that no longer exists.

You could always keep the old teasers up, number them or something, and add the newest one at the end with a 'and the latest teaser is...' message before it. You could also mention next to the old teasers at what post number they each begin, so people can easily find them in the thread.

Just an idea.

Edited by ExpandMyMind