Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

To dare, to know, to will, and be silent

Amita

3 minutes ago, Jenn8779 said:

This is the show that Jason Momoa was involved in? No we haven't seen each other in decades but do you really believe some TV show would influence me? I go by my experience and not someone else's BS. THAT is NOT who I am. Never has been... NEVER will be

Guess who I am? :whistle:

10 minutes ago, and then said:

I've never read any of his "wisdom" but I've seen many references to his teachings by people who seemed in awe of him.  Wasn't he supposed to be deeply into "dark magic" or in service of Satan such that he received power from the father of Lies?  He had quite an influence on some musicians in the 60's and 70's didn't he?  I can ask YOU these things because you'll give a straight answer without demeaning my ignorance ;) 

Not Satan. He was more into the Egyptian gods. Same for your religion. 

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Batman?!?

I look that much like Adam West??? :o

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

It's okay to be short of knowledge when said "knowledge" comes at the hands of a fraud, liar and deceiver.

But I forget: like many of the fringe, you don't like to admit your guru has issues with the truth.

I admire Blavatsky, whose heart was sound and was slandered only by missionaries and those who repeat their disinformation.  Those who knew her know better.

My Guru is Ven. Hsuan Hua, who dropped his skin bag in 1995.

2 minutes ago, Amita said:

Yet we do know they existed and Thomas Taylor, using Proclus and other Pythagoreans, was able to give outlines.  The late Algis Uzdavinys was able to give many accurate insights into Egyptian & Greek Mysteries.

Well, we know your credibility level, and we know you like being in the spiritual "in crowd," so I'm sure Taylor's work is enough to give you what you want. For people who are looking for useful historical understand of early religions, higher standards exist.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I look that much like Adam West??? :o

Stock up on shark repellant.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

None are that old. I studied the archaeology in depth. The oldest items found are only from the archaic. (around 6000 to 5000 BC) 

Archaeology? - Good grief, might as well study 'in depth' human physiology in order to discover the full nature of humans.

1 minute ago, Amita said:

Archaeology? - Good grief, might as well study 'in depth' human physiology in order to discover the full nature of humans.

So you're a spiritual hipster huh? Didn't know they existed.

• Haha 1

I Also speak my native tongue. know my oral history and was part of a Medicine Society. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Well, we know your credibility level, and we know you like being in the spiritual "in crowd," so I'm sure Taylor's work is enough to give you what you want. For people who are looking for useful historical understand of early religions, higher standards exist.

My goodness I beg you pardon, I did not know just from your words that your psychic powers revealed so much about me.  But you are correct, in that I do not put 'historical' understanding as a primary interest.  As for craving to be in the "spiritual in crowd" - I do not even know what the 'out crowd' is.

My goodness I beg you pardon, I did not know just from your words that your psychic powers revealed so much about me.  But you are correct, in that I do not put 'historical' understanding as a primary interest.  As for craving to be in the "spiritual in crowd" - I do not even know what the 'out crowd' is.

Wait a minute. So you're saying you'd rather just believe what you're told than look for facts? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Amita said:

Show us something of humanity that isn't physiological and prove you're right. Even the mind is nothing but the myriad physical connection of neurons.

5 minutes ago, Amita said:

My goodness I beg you pardon, I did not know just from your words that your psychic powers revealed so much about me.  But you are correct, in that I do not put 'historical' understanding as a primary interest.  

No comment necessary.

As for craving to be in the "spiritual in crowd" - I do not even know what the 'out crowd' is.

I suspect they're the one who don't need an audience for learning about it. I wouldn't know for sure; I've never met a "spiritual" person who wouldn't talk long past the point anyone else cared.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

As for craving to be in the "spiritual in crowd" - I do not even know what the 'out crowd' is.

to me it's self-explanatory

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Amita said:

But you are correct, in that I do not put 'historical' understanding as a primary interest.

You should. You have to look at something from all angles. My oral history was changed during a cultural loss then revival. Several fraudulent items was accepted as "truth".  They weren't discovered to be so until a linguist and a archaeologist at Smithsonian discovered indescrepencies.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Wistman said:

Piney, is that...er... you?

I wish there was a middle finger emoji.....

People think so. The "advisor" to the show witnessed the opening scene with the kids ( which didn't happen that way) and I had a cousin which I adopted and was killed. But not because of me as portrayed.

@Jenn8779 can tell you I was good at busting down doors and messing people up who abused their girlfriends or tried raping someone at "The Pit", which was a former DuPont toxic waste dump.

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

I wish there was a middle finger emoji.....

People think so. The "advisor" to the show witnessed the opening scene with the kids ( which didn't happen that way) and I had a cousin which I adopted and was killed. But not because of me as portrayed.

Oh shhhoooot.  Never saw the show.  I really thought he might be playing you.  Hollywood and TV have a knack for screwing good things up.

A while ago I had the privilege of chatting with Steven Sondheim, and he lamented as you do at the way Hollywood turned his masterpieces into glossy nothings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Wistman said:

Oh shhhoooot.  Never saw the show.  I really thought he might be playing you.  Hollywood and TV have a knack for screwing good things up.

After I was railroaded and went to prison Doreen and other politically involved Indians had to "demonize" me. I tried returning to the museum but the new curator was told I was probably the one who stole my bosses chainsaws and that I was a "drug enforcer". 

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

After I was railroaded and went to prison Doreen and other politically involved Indians had to "demonize" me. I tried returning to the museum but the new curator was told I was probably the one who stole my bosses chainsaws and that I was a "drug enforcer". 

Oh my God Piney.  I'm so sorry.  Injustice pervades our society, it's all too clear.

I really don't have words.  Where's Victor Hugo when you need him.

Namaste brother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Piney said:

You should. You have to look at something from all angles. My oral history was changed during a cultural loss then revival. Several fraudulent items was accepted as "truth".  They weren't discovered to be so until a linguist and a archaeologist at Smithsonian discovered indescrepencies.  

Not a 'primary' interest, but I do pay attention to all sorts of historical evidences from their digs.  Just do not put all my rocks in one basket.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Show us something of humanity that isn't physiological and prove you're right. Even the mind is nothing but the myriad physical connection of neurons.

Ah, thank you J;  so the mind is the brain. 

I will leave your neuronic self in peace, since I have no urge to be 'right'.

• Like 1