Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Captain Risky

Trump impeachment petition nears 6 million

265 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Captain Risky

BRETT KAVANAUGH HAS ‘ENERGIZED’ DONALD TRUMP IMPEACHMENT PETITION AS IT NEARS 6 MILLION SIGNATURES

A campaign pushing for President Donald Trump to be impeached has received a big boost from the controversy plaguing his Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

There was a roughly 20 percent increase in petition signers in the past week compared to the previous week, campaign spokesman Erik Olvera said. The anti-Kavanaugh ads have helped the campaign, which usually gets 3,000 new signers per day, come very close to reaching 6 million signatures.

https://www.newsweek.com/brett-kavanaugh-donald-trump-impeachment-petition-1153659

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grandpa Greenman

Thanks, signed. ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NewAge1
Posted (edited)

Impeach the prick.  He doesn't even have 50% of the american vote anyway.

Edited by NewAge1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
39 minutes ago, NewAge1 said:

Impeach the prick.  He doesn't even have 50% of the american vote anyway.

Impeach him for anything in particular? 

Quote
prec·e·dent
noun
 
ˈpresəd(ə)nt/
  1. 1.
    an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances.
    "there are substantial precedents for using interactive media in training"

What goes around, comes around. As a culture, we need to grow up and stop flipping the whole table over cause something happened we don't like. There are checks and balances and a carefully crafted electoral system in place for a reason. If the system didn't work, all those Leftist fantasies of Trump creating an Auschwitz for minorities would have come to pass. Except, it hasn't. No one's lives have changed in any measurable way since Trump was elected (except de-regulation bounty that "trickled down" and hope for the people living in North Korea,) and yet there are young people holding "scream at the sky" sessions as a way to literally voice their helplessness that Trump is in Office. Why? What has he done that is any worse than past Presidents? Key phrase being "any worse". Most modern Presidents have been absolute monsters off camera. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1

I think we all know impeachments are not created by petition signature counts.

His opponents better focus on seeing he does not receive the electoral college majority again in 2020. THAT is the bigger thing.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
12 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Impeach him for anything in particular? 

What goes around, comes around. As a culture, we need to grow up and stop flipping the whole table over cause something happened we don't like. There are checks and balances and a carefully crafted electoral system in place for a reason. If the system didn't work, all those Leftist fantasies of Trump creating an Auschwitz for minorities would have come to pass. Except, it hasn't. No one's lives have changed in any measurable way since Trump was elected (except de-regulation bounty that "trickled down" and hope for the people living in North Korea,) and yet there are young people holding "scream at the sky" sessions as a way to literally voice their helplessness that Trump is in Office. Why? What has he done that is any worse than past Presidents? Key phrase being "any worse". Most modern Presidents have been absolute monsters off camera. 

He admitted to touching without permission women (which is called assault) on their genitalia (which is therefore sexual assault). But other than that, he’s a slimy businessman who is trying to run America Ike one his businesses.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

33 Senate seats up for grabs.  Most of them are Democrats and several of THOSE are in states that voted for Trump in 2016.  Even if the Dems retook the Senate, there is no way they get 66 seats.  That means they'd need somewhere north of 10 Republicans to risk their own seats to get rid of him.  The House is a different matter.  From the polling I've heard of, (FWIW) they could retake the House.  If they do they will almost certainly Impeach within a month of being sworn in as the new Congress.  They'll use Mueller's report full of innuendo to justify the vote and then the nation can decide what to do about it two years later.  The last time this happened it was the Republicans going after Bill Clinton and they guaranteed him added popularity among his base.  It would actually be quite fitting if the Impeachment leads to another Trump term ;) 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

He admitted to touching without permission women (which is called assault) on their genitalia (which is therefore sexual assault).

Actually, what he said was "when you're rich and famous they'll LET YOU grab them...  Those were his words.  That doesn't sound like anything forcible to me.  It sounds more like two adults mutually taking advantage of each other for different goals.  Disgusting?  That's in the eye of the beholder, I guess, but forcible?  NOPE.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
5 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

BRETT KAVANAUGH HAS ‘ENERGIZED’ DONALD TRUMP IMPEACHMENT PETITION AS IT NEARS 6 MILLION SIGNATURES

A campaign pushing for President Donald Trump to be impeached has received a big boost from the controversy plaguing his Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

There was a roughly 20 percent increase in petition signers in the past week compared to the previous week, campaign spokesman Erik Olvera said. The anti-Kavanaugh ads have helped the campaign, which usually gets 3,000 new signers per day, come very close to reaching 6 million signatures.

https://www.newsweek.com/brett-kavanaugh-donald-trump-impeachment-petition-1153659

I went to check it out, and it REQUIRES a donation. Pretty good way of keeping people from putting in false names though, I guess.

It asks for a minimum of 25 dollars, so that's probably around 150 million dollars someone has made off this so far. I've never heard of this before, so I doubt they've spent much of that yet. Trump will never be impeached, but at least these guys will be rich $$. 

Looks like they have 9 impeachable offenses.

  1. Obstructing Justice - After taking office, Trump asked FBI Director James Comey to abandon the investigation...
  2. Violating the Emoluments Clause of the U.S. Constitution
  3. Conspiring with Others to Commit Crimes Against the United States, and Attempting to Conceal Those Violations - Trump Tower meeting
  4. Advocating Violence and Undermining Equal Protection Under the Law - Charlottesville
  5. Abusing the Pardon Power
  6. Engaging in Conduct that Grossly Endangers the Peace and Security of the United States
  7. Directing Law Enforcement to Investigate and Prosecute Political Adversaries for Improper and Unjustifiable Purpose
  8. Undermining the Freedom of the Press
  9. Cruelly and Unconstitutionally Imprisoning Children and their Families

My opinion...

1 - Very open to discussion. What he said could be taken as an innuendo to end the investigation, or just a offhand remark. Comey's opinion on what he said is just Comey's opinion. Was there any written orders? Nope.

2 - Maybe the only real reason on this list. Trump has refused to give up his businesses, and foreigners do use his businesses services. Probably will be a hard sell to Congress though.

3 - Also open to discussion. Depends entirely on how the meeting is framed. If we're considering reasonable doubt, then this is a no go.

4 - Complete rubbish. Will be impossible to get traction on.

5 - OMG, just go look at who Obama and others have pardoned. Bradly Manning for example.

6 - Rubbish. Let's see... points are all opinion, no facts. Sure, let's impeach because someone was Triggered.

7 - Again... Reference the previous actions of Obama and his administration. This will be a no go. 

8 - Laughable. He's derided them and called many pushers of fake news, but is there a single outlet that's been censored, or stopped from printing anything?

9 - Again, laughable. "...held in internment camps and cages with what lawyers call “inhumane conditions" " - Sure, let's let the pro-illegal immigrant lawyers tell us what is happening. I noticed that as soon as the Media found out, the process was changed. It's not like the kids were killed and piled into mass graves.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

If they flip the House, he WILL be Impeached but they cannot remove him in the Senate.  The votes just aren't there and there's no way the R's will risk the wrath of their constituencies to vote him out.  The same thing with an attempt to remove Justice Kavanaugh.  All they'd accomplish is to set the Republican base on FIRE.  I just pray that no one gets ambushed and killed in some restaurant or theatre or somesuch.  If that happens, public access to our representatives will cease.  After seeing how close they got to Sanders and Cruz in a public, non-secured venue, I think it's just a matter of time.  I fear for what the country will look like on the day after such an event.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I think we all know impeachments are not created by petition signature counts.

His opponents better focus on seeing he does not receive the electoral college majority again in 2020. THAT is the bigger thing.

yes you're right about that. it will take more than collection of signatures, no matter how many it just is not a legal way to remove a POTUS. having said that it is important to note that many more people have had the negative views on Trump galvanised by these Kavanaugh conformation proceedings. there is a ground swell against Trump and people are starting to view Trump and republicans in a negative light. i wonder how much of these signatories are women viewing the republicans as misogynistic and arrogant?  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
47 minutes ago, and then said:

Actually, what he said was "when you're rich and famous they'll LET YOU grab them...  Those were his words.  That doesn't sound like anything forcible to me.  It sounds more like two adults mutually taking advantage of each other for different goals.  Disgusting?  That's in the eye of the beholder, I guess, but forcible?  NOPE.

well the only way to know if women will let you... is to reach out and just do it. unless of course once introduced to Trump and during conversation they just causally say " hey Donald any chance you can pinch my ass and grab my *****?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

well the only way to know if women will let you... is to reach out and just do it. unless of course once introduced to Trump and during conversation they just causally say " hey Donald any chance you can pinch my ass and grab my *****?"

I was simply pointing out the facts about what he said.  Remember, facts?  Evidence?  Proof?  Where Trump and other Republicans are concerned, those elements of our judicial system don't seem to apply any longer.  Except maybe enough Americans actually DO care about it.  The Kavanaugh lynching attempt seems to have failed because the political repercussions for the R's outweighed the slimy hysteria fomented by a corrupt media.  I think we are about to see just how far the 1A rights of protesters can be stretched.  Maybe when they actually threaten physical harm, they can be arrested.  I'm curious, how would you feel about protesters assaulting K's family in public?  You know, screaming obscenities, spitting, and so on?  I think we've reached that point now.  It's becoming dangerous.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

yes you're right about that. it will take more than collection of signatures, no matter how many it just is not a legal way to remove a POTUS. having said that it is important to note that many more people have had the negative views on Trump galvanised by these Kavanaugh conformation proceedings.

there is a ground swell against Trump and people are starting to view Trump and republicans in a negative light. i wonder how much of these signatories are women viewing the republicans as misogynistic and arrogant?  

 

bolded..

I think this is wishful thinking from you.... I would guess that more people have been put off by the
democrats behavior and will therefore go in Trump's direction when it comes to voting in the Mid Term 
elections and 2020...

The WalkAway Movement has grown as more people are embarrassed and completely turned off
by the Democrats accusations and attacks on Kavanaugh -
 

 

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
51 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

i wonder how much of these signatories are women viewing the republicans as misogynistic and arrogant?  

 

It's disturbing how many women are allowing themselves to be used and weaponized by the Democrats
(and their Globalist Backers) increasingly dirty and dishonest fight against Trump... 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
20 minutes ago, bee said:

 

bolded..

I think this is wishful thinking from you.... I would guess that more people have been put off by the
democrats behavior and will therefore go in Trump's direction when it comes to voting in the Mid Term 
elections and 2020...

The WalkAway Movement has grown as more people are embarrassed and completely turned off
by the Democrats accusations and attacks on Kavanaugh -
 

 

i can't see how not that democratic and no committed voters, particularly women wouldn't feel angry and threatened by not just Kavanaugh's disgraceful antics but Trumps callous remarks that border on the misogynistic. no i think that the Kavanaugh conformation has backfired on the GOP.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
6 minutes ago, bee said:

 

It's disturbing how many women are allowing themselves to be used and weaponized by the Democrats
(and their Globalist Backers) increasingly dirty and dishonest fight against Trump... 

 

 

explain and show a link were the democrats have "weaponised" women? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
Just now, Captain Risky said:

explain and show a link were the democrats have "weaponised" women? 

 

I think it's obvious what I mean.... and you certainly know what I mean.... 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
Just now, bee said:

 

I think it's obvious what I mean.... and you certainly know what I mean.... 

 

 

Ohhh... you mean when Trump said that when you're rich, women let you touch and grope them? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
10 minutes ago, bee said:

 

It's disturbing how many women are allowing themselves to be used and weaponized by the Democrats
(and their Globalist Backers) increasingly dirty and dishonest fight against Trump... 

 

 

I think we will get a much more accurate view of just how women voters feel toward the Left in about 1 month.  If they swing heavily for the Left, I will be amazed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
Just now, Captain Risky said:

Ohhh... you mean when Trump said that when you're rich, women let you touch and grope them? 

 

don't demean yourself with comments like this.... seriously ..... :rolleyes:

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
Just now, bee said:

 

don't demean yourself with comments like this.... seriously ..... :rolleyes:

 

 

not sure what that means but yes you are right, apologies.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
6 minutes ago, and then said:

I think we will get a much more accurate view of just how women voters feel toward the Left in about 1 month.  If they swing heavily for the Left, I will be amazed.

 

I will be amazed as well - and disappointed...

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 minutes ago, bee said:

don't demean yourself with comments like this.... seriously ..... :rolleyes:

I don't think we've seen anything yet.  The uproar after his swearing-in is going to be Homeric.  I think the Dems believe they can ride this into retaking the House AND Senate.  I just don't see that happening.  We'll see in about 30 days.  IF the polls are wrong again and R's build a lead in seats in both Houses of Congress there is going to be an explosion in this country.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.