Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump impeachment petition nears 6 million

Unusual Tournament

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

not sure what that means but yes you are right, apologies.  

oh I can see how there was a tiny bit of ambiguity there...

no need to apologize... whatever it is you're apologizing for...:D

3 minutes ago, and then said:

I don't think we've seen anything yet.  The uproar after his swearing-in is going to be Homeric.  I think the Dems believe they can ride this into retaking the House AND Senate.  I just don't see that happening.  We'll see in about 30 days.  IF the polls are wrong again and R's build a lead in seats in both Houses of Congress there is going to be an explosion in this country.

exactly a month to go....

I wonder what other insane and embarrassing plans they are cooking up as we speak...

Hopefully those in the shadows pulling the strings in the background and controlling the media,
don't go for a Big One... like an economic collapse or war... :hmm:

I wouldn't put anything past them at the moment.. as Britain is about to leave the EU and Trump
support is solid and even growing ....

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

i wonder how much of these signatories are women viewing the republicans as misogynistic and arrogant?  

Haven't the Republicans always been presented as misogynistic and arrogant by liberals and much of the popular media. In no time it will be 'Kavanaugh who?' as we are by then embroiled in the next of  many media flaps. I really don't see any structural changing in American views going on here. Just the predictable constituents taking their predictable stances is all I see. And on and on.....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, and then said:

I don't think we've seen anything yet.  The uproar after his swearing-in is going to be Homeric.  I think the Dems believe they can ride this into retaking the House AND Senate.  I just don't see that happening.  We'll see in about 30 days.  IF the polls are wrong again and R's build a lead in seats in both Houses of Congress there is going to be an explosion in this country.

I believe fake polls actually hurt a party. Think about it. You call a heavy known Democratic area, and ask respondents how they are voting this year. The respondents reply they will be voting Democratic. So the polls show 57% voting Democrat 36% voting Republican, and 7% undecided. This falsely leads the Democratic voter base into believing they will win the house and Senate. But in actuality, the lazy ones stay home and don't vote believing they are going to win anyway. Then they lose. So let the fake polls begin.

Edited by South Alabam

6 hours ago, bee said:

oh I can see how there was a tiny bit of ambiguity there...

no need to apologize... whatever it is you're apologizing for...:D

For being a misogynist, arrogant male supremist?  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

What goes around, comes around. As a culture, we need to grow up and stop flipping the whole table over cause something happened we don't like. There are checks and balances and a carefully crafted electoral system in place for a reason. If the system didn't work, all those Leftist fantasies of Trump creating an Auschwitz for minorities would have come to pass. Except, it hasn't. No one's lives have changed in any measurable way since Trump was elected (except de-regulation bounty that "trickled down" and hope for the people living in North Korea,) and yet there are young people holding "scream at the sky" sessions as a way to literally voice their helplessness that Trump is in Office. Why? What has he done that is any worse than past Presidents? Key phrase being "any worse". Most modern Presidents have been absolute monsters off camera. 

That was well said.  The leftist fantasies can be extreme.  In the interest of balance, I would like to say some of the right wing fantasies are as extreme.  I recall how energized people were by the  "Obama is going to take all of our guns."   fever.  that flies in the face of the Second Amendment and the power of the citizenry to resist that.  

Seems like being rational and planning for an actual future with some things we like and some things we don't but can live with is too dull to get people energized.  What is happening currently will not change anyone's mind or cause the undecided to think and evaluate in a mature sort of way. 

Life in the US has become a reality show  looking for sudden shocking developments that will boost viewership for the next episode.  Reality shows are not reality, that will bite us eventually.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, and then said:

If they flip the House, he WILL be Impeached but they cannot remove him in the Senate.  The votes just aren't there and there's no way the R's will risk the wrath of their constituencies to vote him out.  The same thing with an attempt to remove Justice Kavanaugh.  All they'd accomplish is to set the Republican base on FIRE.  I just pray that no one gets ambushed and killed in some restaurant or theatre or somesuch.  If that happens, public access to our representatives will cease.  After seeing how close they got to Sanders and Cruz in a public, non-secured venue, I think it's just a matter of time.  I fear for what the country will look like on the day after such an event.

I rather hope not.  You know I am not a  fan of Trump the man, but I would like to see how the policies play out.  It is an experiment and a change in approach that should  continue until results are clear.   

You paint a grim picture, but it is a possible future.  Again, I hope not. What does a representative democracy become when people and representatives can;t talk in safety?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, and then said:

I think we will get a much more accurate view of just how women voters feel toward the Left in about 1 month.  If they swing heavily for the Left, I will be amazed.

All men do not vote alike, why should all women be a single block?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bee said:

exactly a month to go....

I wonder what other insane and embarrassing plans they are cooking up as we speak...

Hopefully those in the shadows pulling the strings in the background and controlling the media,
don't go for a Big One... like an economic collapse or war... :hmm:

I wouldn't put anything past them at the moment.. as Britain is about to leave the EU and Trump
support is solid and even growing ....

The only thing I disagree with here is that you seem to think it is all one sided.  Puppet masters are pulling strings both to the left and right.  There is some sort of balance because we keep teetering in the middle.

• Like 1

You know what is funny, there is people from foreign nations signing that petition. Wouldn't that mount to foreign political tampering of our elections? Basically trying to overturn a duly elect president? Might as well get the FBI involved because this type of things is against the national seurity if our nation. :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

No elected President ever has had the vote of 50% of Americans, because half of you don’t bother to vote.

How much do you want to bet that many of the people who didn't vote signed the petition lol

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Haven't the Republicans always been presented as misogynistic and arrogant by liberals and much of the popular media. In no time it will be 'Kavanaugh who?' as we are by then embroiled in the next of  many media flaps. I really don't see any structural changing in American views going on here. Just the predictable constituents taking their predictable stances is all I see. And on and on.....

i disagree. you're assuming that people don't and are not capable of being effected to the issues of the day and swinging their votes. if thats the case then why bother having elections or anything else.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

there is a ground swell against Trump

I think you're living in a dream world. Some people who've been to his recent events were saying on the radio he's drawing 15,000 to 20,000 in stadiums on this latest set of tours with thousands more tailgating in the parking lots. They are sleeping out over night like people used to do for concert tickets in order to assure a seat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, skliss said:

I think you're living in a dream world. Some people who've been to his recent events were saying on the radio he's drawing 15,000 to 20,000 in stadiums on this latest set of tours with thousands more tailgating in the parking lots. They are sleeping out over night like people used to do for concert tickets in order to assure a seat. 

Thats not really much of an indicator of anything other than that his base is passionate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I rather hope not.  You know I am not a  fan of Trump the man, but I would like to see how the policies play out.  It is an experiment and a change in approach that should  continue until results are clear.   

You paint a grim picture, but it is a possible future.  Again, I hope not. What does a representative democracy become when people and representatives can;t talk in safety?

A war zone, IMO.  As to allowing Trump's policies being given a chance to benefit the country, the political lines are so hard now that he cannot be allowed any widely perceived success.  It is also quite clear which Party is stirring this coming chaos.  I hope their leadership dials it back before the shooting begins.  And please understand, I'm NOT advocating such a course.  I just don't see a way around it when Senators are being pressed in their private lives and Liberal focus groups are revving up the hateful rhetoric.  At some point, some unhinged individual is going to do the same thing that happened to the Republican softball team.  Collins has been threatened that she'll never know another peaceful moment in public.  My opinion of her has changed dramatically for the better.  She took a stand on what she seems to believe and I hope the RNC helps to defray all the extra spending that's going to come against her.  She isn't a terribly reliable Conservative vote but she stood against a mob today and I salute her for it.

• Like 1

Just now, and then said:

Collins has been threatened that she'll never know another peaceful moment in public. 

So has Murkowski. Stop pretending the insanity is one sided.

2 minutes ago, and then said:

At some point, some unhinged individual is going to do the same thing that happened to the Republican softball team. 

You mean like this republican threatened to do?

Florida Man Who Threatened to Kill Senators for Voting Against Brett Kavanaugh Arrested

56 minutes ago, skliss said:

It's all vaguely familiar, isn't it?  ;)  I wonder what the Prog protest groups will do for an encore if the Republicans manage to build a larger lead in the Senate and hang on to the House?  We already know what will happen if the Progs win the House.  They'll waste a few months making a show for the country, 24/7 and then Impeach.  Trump won't be convicted and I suspect that circus will inflame the Right to the point where he'll easily win reelection.

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

So has Murkowski. Stop pretending the insanity is one sided.

I hadn't heard of that.  Link?  I suspect she might be primaried but that's just politics and is fair game.  I'm talking about public protests with the goal of disrupting her private life.  Link?

23 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Thats not really much of an indicator of anything other than that his base is passionate.

Maybe, but it's not the normal size crowd any politician pulls. When's the last time you heard of anyone camping out to see a politician? What's telling is you don't see it reported on the news.

Edited by skliss
Added

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I see... so one whack job is equivalent to an entire movement that has promised to ruin the private lives of politicians?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

He admitted to touching without permission women (which is called assault) on their genitalia (which is therefore sexual assault). But other than that, he’s a slimy businessman who is trying to run America Ike one his businesses.

No he didnt ...smh he said if your rich women will let you do whatever you want to them...or that's how he meant it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, and then said:

I hadn't heard of that.  Link?  I suspect she might be primaried but that's just politics and is fair game.  I'm talking about public protests with the goal of disrupting her private life.  Link?

LOL Murkowski is from AK , you think Alabamans wouldnt put up with that? Alaskans are better armed AND crazy from 5 months of cold and dark LOL I definitely dont see public displays like what weve seen in DC going over well or at all.

She had received online threats , allegedly.

I searched threats against Murkowski and this popped up first  Jeff Flake is getting death threats over Kavanaugh hearing , Lisa Murkowski's Facebook Page Flooded with Rape Threats and Accusations After ‘No’ Vote on Kavanaugh

5 minutes ago, skliss said:

Maybe, but it's not the normal size crowd any politician pulls. When's the last time you heard of anyone camping out to see a politician? What's telling is you don't see it reported on the news.

Oh for sure the cult of personality is immensely strong with Trump. No politician in recent times has been willing to say the rude, xenophobic and bigoted things in public that he has. That makes him a folk hero to a certain percentage of our society.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh for sure the cult of personality is immensely strong with Trump. No politician in recent times has been willing to say the rude, xenophobic and bigoted things in public that he has. That makes him a folk hero to a certain percentage of our society.

Are you genuinely saying that 25% of America is rude, racist and bigoted sexists?