Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fluid/gravity dynamics

zep73

What makes a thing like this work?

Image_11.jpg?1524903858

It is equal to using a hose and sucking it with your mouth to drain the tank of a car.

What exact mechanism makes it work? Can anyone explain it? Precisely?

I've had an idea in my head for many years. If it works, it could change the world.

The atmosphere weighs quite a lot so when you reduce the air pressure inside the tube the atmosphere pushes the liquid up it. The valve in the top stops it returning back down the same tube.

There is no perpetual motion going on if thats what you`re thinking.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Not even if the origin of the fluid is endless and the destination has unlimited storage? In principle.

14 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Not even if the origin of the fluid is endless and the destination has unlimited storage? In principle.

if you feel we're living in a computer generated world then anything is possible... science doesn't come into it- does it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

if you feel we're living in a computer generated world then anything is possible... science doesn't come into it- does it?

I'm not limited to anything. I love science. All of it.

15 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I'm not limited to anything. I love science. All of it.

but it's not real= if you honestly feel we exist in a computer environment then what is the point of this thread?

to me, this thread is a contradiction:unsure:

if you honestly feel we exist in a computer environment

I don't. It's just my favorite model of reality. It could be false.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 1

Just now, sci-nerd said:

I don't. It's just my favorite model of reality. It could be false.

it's a fantasy then?

5 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

it's a fantasy then?

Whether it's real or fantasy, it changes nothing. You can support it or not.
It gives a lot of answers, but also raises a lot of questions. It is a model of reality, but it does not change reality.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Whether it's real or fantasy, it changes nothing.

what are you on about!!?

seems to me you don't know the difference between real & fantasy= there within lies your problem i feel

1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

Is it possible to get back on subject? Fluid dynamics?

anything is possible mate

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

No, because then the system would be in equilibrium. The fluid wouldn’t flow.

Edited by Timothy
Typo.

3 minutes ago, Timothy said:

No, because then the system would be in equilibrium. The fluid wouldn’t flow.

That is a logic conclusion, but has it ever been tested?

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

I've had an idea in my head for many years. If it works, it could change the world.

why don't you just tell us?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

That is a logic conclusion, but has it ever been tested?

Well it doesn’t matter about the storage. Siphons work basically by the pull of gravity. 

It’s a simple siphon in your OP. Nothing mysterious is going on.

What’s your idea?

why don't you just tell us?

1 minute ago, Timothy said:

What’s your idea?

If we could somehow keep the flow going, we could harness the energy from the falling fluid.

I knew this was too good to be true. But I had to test it.

Edited by sci-nerd

13 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

If we could somehow keep the flow going, we could harness the energy from the falling fluid.

we've been doing this for years!== <keep the flow going>==as in a stream water mill

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dejarma said:

we've been doing this for years!== <keep the flow going>==as in a stream water mill

I don't consider it free energy, but gravitational energy. Dragging energy from the eternal force of gravity.

Just now, sci-nerd said:

I don't consider it free energy, but gravitational energy. Dragging energy from the eternal force of gravity.

what?:wacko:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Yeah, that’s just hydroelectricity, isn’t it?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

The atmosphere weighs quite a lot so when you reduce the air pressure inside the tube the atmosphere pushes the liquid up it. The valve in the top stops it returning back down the same tube.

The mongoose has nailed it.  The red portion at the top is a bellows with a valve.  Ccompress the air and push it out, the switch the valve and expand the bellows to lower the pressure above the fluid.   Atmospheric pressure will support a column of water roughly 33 feet tall.  Putting a vacuum above the water will lift it that high.  Beyond that you need a different kind of pump.

12 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

The atmosphere and gravity and someone operating it are all doing work.

People can come up with all kinds of devices relying on the environment to do all the work and these machines do run. But its not perpetual motion at work, its the environment doing work.

With time crystals and exotic negative matter you can get more energy out of them than you put in. They arent true perpetual motion though because the time crystals are getting their energy from the past and future. The exotic negative matter is getting its out of the rest of the universe via the Uncertainty Principle.

Edited by RabidMongoose

14 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Just to address the original question: It should also be noted that the flow will stop as soon as the fluid level in the output tank reaches the level in the input tank. When you squeeze the pump at the top to create a vacuum, atmospheric pressure will push the fluid from the input tank up into the tube, and then the elevated fluid flows down into the output tank. The continuous flow only lasts until (a) you have run out of fluid from the input tank, or (b) the fluid level in the output tank reaches the input level.

So, yes - if you have an infinite supply of fluid at an elevated position and an infinitely large reservoir at lower position then you can get infinite energy.

• Thanks 1