Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fluid/gravity dynamics

zep73

4 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

So, yes - if you have an infinite supply of fluid at an elevated position and an infinitely large reservoir at lower position then you can get infinite energy.

Just to be clear, we don't want another Vikram thread about free energy or overunity do we?, that what Sep is saying is impossible.

Anyone else remember this?

Edited by danydandan
  • Haha 1

@danydandan as I said earlier in this thread

19 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

I don't consider it free energy, but gravitational energy. Dragging energy from the eternal force of gravity.

41 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

@danydandan as I said earlier in this thread

Gravitational energy?

Elaborate on this please.

6 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Gravitational energy?

Elaborate on this please.

It's just simple hydropower. The trick however is to make it self-sustaining. I can't see why that would be impossible.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

It's just simple hydropower. The trick however is to make it self-sustaining. I can't see why that would be impossible.

Self sustaining? Like how exactly?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Self sustaining? Like how exactly?

If I already knew that, I'd probably be famous. I'm working on it ;)

8 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

If I already knew that, I'd probably be famous. I'm working on it ;)

This is why some users call you a fringy. Your literally talking about a perpetual motion, free energy or overunity device.

It's impossible!

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, danydandan said:

It's impossible!

It should also be impossible for fluid to defy gravity and flow upwards, but it's not. It's not me who's fringy, it's nature.

Besides, the whole universe is filled with gravitational energy: Stars! The gravity in them creates heat and light! Totally free!

Edited by sci-nerd

I think I have the solution. And it's even simpler than the one I started this thread about.
It's pure gravitational energy. No need for a "fluid pump" to start it and make it run. But it's hard to explain.

45 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I think I have the solution. And it's even simpler than the one I started this thread about.
It's pure gravitational energy. No need for a "fluid pump" to start it and make it run. But it's hard to explain.

The only way you can get energy out of gravity is by dropping something like a heavy stone attached to a chain that spins a turbine. Water pressure too. I have a water pressure type writer. But in hydraulics they press down on a large surface area of water that then squeezes a tiny amount of that surface area out the other end. Nothing you couldn't do with gears.

Trevor, you and sci have much to discuss.  You guys can take it from here.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

It should also be impossible for fluid to defy gravity and flow upwards, but it's not. It's not me who's fringy, it's nature.

Besides, the whole universe is filled with gravitational energy: Stars! The gravity in them creates heat and light! Totally free!

In a siphon, like in your original post, there are probably three reasons why they work. Differential Atmospheric Pressure, Gravity and Cohesive Bonds. Siphons work in a vacuum so it's not only DAS, they also have carried out experiments with gas siphons which work so it's not only Cohesive Bonds at play. In 2010 a Dr Hughs, I think, carried out an experiment in a hypobaric chamber which demonstrated it's not only DAS. He published his work in Nature I can't find a link. So I will agree Gravity is the acting force of a siphon. That explains your initial post.

Thus not defying Gravity but using it.

Secondly stars do not create heat and light totally free. I'm not going to explain this because it's redundant at this stage, but read up on thermodynamics and you'll understand.

Free energy, perpetual motion or overunity devices are impossible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

free energy is real, sort of,  in some cases

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/electric-dump-truck-gravity

The world’s largest electric vehicle runs on rocks, and we're not talking about coal. The 65-ton truck is powered by a 600 kilowatt-hour battery pack that has six times the capacity of any electric car on sale today and weighs 9,000 pounds. But like most electric vehicles, when it needs to slow down it can turn its motors into generators that recharge the battery, and that’s where the rocks come in.According to Green Car Reports, the truck is currently being used in a quarry in Biel, where it has to be driven up a hill to be filled with 45 tons of lime and marl, then back down to unload.Thanks to the weight of the rocks, the truck generates enough energy fighting gravity to charge the battery pack to 88 percent on the way down and only needs 80 percent to get back up. By the end of a typical day, it has a 200-kilowatt hour surplus waiting to be used the next day.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, aztek said:

free energy is real, sort of,  in some cases

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/electric-dump-truck-gravity

There is no "free energy", thats complete nonsense. As for the truck, no its not free energy, its energy recovery. The truck must be loaded which involve energy consumption and that value must be included into the calculation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fox.  Science?

Bwahahah.  Aztek clickbaited.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Fox.  Science?

Bwahahah.  Aztek clickbaited.

I like that I got to re-read this thread. 

It is wholesome!

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Timothy said:

I like that I got to re-read this thread. 

It is wholesome!

My responses were too passive aggressive for me.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, danydandan said:

My responses were too passive aggressive for me.

It happens mate, We go through different stages in our life.

Different tolerances etc.

I do the same. 'Ooh I was a bit harsh there!', but it was reasonableish for the topic.

If you feel bad enough, just post a sorry and move on. I have the same thing, go to town on someone a little hard. Warranted at the time, but still maybe a little harsh: Eg. 'You are a complete idiot by every definition of the word'.
You've been a great poster IMHO.

15 hours ago, toast said:

There is no "free energy"

Of course there is. So long as the neighbors don't find the extension cord.:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Under the current laws of physics only one type of over unity device is thought possible. 

That uses exotic negative matter which increases in its negativity over-time. It is purely theoretical with no such device having been built yet. But the physics does indeed say its possible. However, it might not turn out to be over-unity because it might be sucking energy from `elsewhere` using the Uncertainty Principle.

It remains to be seen if an infinite negative energy well can indeed be constructed.

Edited by RabidMongoose

If you liked this thread :) , may I suggest you also try here from one of our resident climate change deniers:

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

If you liked this thread :) , may I suggest you also try here from one of our resident climate change deniers:

@trevor borocz johnson may be able to help you.

May the lord/force/etc. be with you. 

13 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

I actually made this thread to get the idea debunked.

Then make that obvious. 

You actually need to change how you post. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Timothy said:

Then make that obvious. 

You actually need to change how you post. 

No. I was aiming for a discussion about fluid dynamics and gravity, not a quick dismissal.