Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy calls 911 for homework help

Eldorado

A Colorado police department shared audio from a 911 call placed by a 10-year-old boy who needed help -- with his math homework.

The Fort Collins Police Department posted a video to Facebook featuring the audio from a 911 call from a boy who was stuck on a long division problem.

"Hi, this isn't an emergency, but I'm 10 years old and I'm working on my math homework right now and I can't figure out what 71 divided by 3,052 is," the caller says to dispatcher Chris Clow.

Full short report: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/09/27/Boy-10-calls-911-for-help-with-math-homework/9321538060151/

At Facebook:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The dispatcher actually helped him too. A "thank you" from the boy wouldn't have gone amiss.

• Like 4

I would've given him the wrong answer, to deter him. Imagine when he's at University and starts calling for help with Particle Physics.

:mellow:

• Haha 2

Aw, poor little guy! It sounds like he really wanted to do well. Wrong path but the right intent. Kids are precious

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Still Waters said:

The dispatcher actually helped him too. A "thank you" from the boy wouldn't have gone amiss.

Did you watch the video? At 1:04.

thank you pic.png

Edited by Troublehalf
Linking Facebook video + time
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Troublehalf said:

Did you watch the video? At 1:04.

Yes I did, I watched the whole video but somehow missed that. Ok, my mistake, sorry to the boy for misjudging him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Yes I did, I watched the whole video but somehow missed that. Ok, my mistake, sorry to the boy for misjudging him.

No worries, it happens!

• Like 1

That was precious!

Obviously NOT a reason to call 911, but, it was all good.

Girlfriend ran a dispatch center for many years and has heard it all. When I told her this, she said she would have allowed the dispatcher to give the child the answer and then sent a uniformed officer to the house to have a little chat with the parents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1