Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Europe's MASCOT rover dies after just one day

UM-Bot

Over half a century into the space age we're still playing with batteries? On stuff we sent into space? To look at a rock? This cost us how much? I'm sure we couldn't think of a better way to spend that money. Oh, maybe developing more efficient energy storage systems? Just a thought...

1 hour ago, Rolci said:

Over half a century into the space age we're still playing with batteries? On stuff we sent into space?

When it makes sense, yes. Like in space probes, heart pacemakers and defibrillator, for example.

To look at a rock? This cost us how much? I'm sure we couldn't think of a better way to spend that money.

Calm down, it costs you, as a Briton, nothing. The carrier was build and paid by JAXA (Japan), MASCOT was designed, build and paid by the DLR (Germany), CNES (France) and Japan.

I'm sure we couldn't think of a better way to spend that money. Oh, maybe developing more efficient energy storage systems? Just a thought...

There is enough money for both and we need the research on such objects as 60M years ago one of the big fellows switched off the light on Earth. As we need to develop a deference system against such kind of threat, fundamental research is mandatory.

• Like 2

Awkward... :w00t:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Rolci said:

I'm sure we couldn't think of a better way to spend that money. Oh, maybe developing more efficient energy storage systems? Just a thought...

Go on then...

Never send AAA's to do the job of dual C's...