Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Platonic Life

Amita

11 minutes ago, Coil said:

I perfectly see what claims to religion and God in this forum and in the ordinary life of atheists or religious people.

Your setting there seems to be lacking a bowl and ladle. Everything is perfect except it lacks something everywhere that makes it really perfect.

~

11 minutes ago, Coil said:

I respect all religions and if a person reaches Nirvana through Buddhism it is still better than nothing but I prefer Hinduism because it looks more widely at the universe and there is God in it and not only Impersonal. And the goal of Buddhism is to leave the world by unleashing the knot of karma and raising consciousness, and in Hinduism there is an idea to transform our world and body into the divine.

Ahhhhh ... you mean you want the Hedonists Department on the eighth floor next to the Narcissistic COrner, take the next corner to the lifts or go straight and take the escalators, have a nice Reincarnation and do come again

~

• Haha 1

Aristotle said that the closest man could cone to know god was through reflection. For me that doesn't automatically  ascribe to god being a sonething other supreme super  human. It can just being the aware of what am I, who am I and how circumstance affects me and I on it. That isn't my belief it is just one of many perspectives that can be given.

jmccr8 

On 10/12/2018 at 2:05 AM, Coil said:

Just read different religious books and accept what is written there then you will understand God.Because some read but they remain unconvinced.

Maybe you could just point out two religious books that actually say the same thing. The Bible can’t do that and it’s just a single text. 

I mean, this counts as one of the most thoughtless, naïve (in the negative sense) statements about religion I’ve ever seen. 

—Jaylemurph 

On 12.10.2018 at 6:02 PM, third_eye said:

Ahhhhh ... you mean you want the Hedonists Department on the eighth floor next to the Narcissistic COrner, take the next corner to the lifts or go straight and take the escalators, have a nice Reincarnation and do come again

~

Buddhism is a religion of going to heaven and enlightenment since it was believed that earthly suffering and death cannot be overcome, therefore you just need to find a place of bliss in the heaven (or rather, a state of consciousness) and never incarnate on earth so it is considered that this is an egoistic way of personal liberation (because it’s everyone’s personal business to leave or suffer further), but if you don’t set yourself the goal of ultimate care but helping people, this is a good way and this is expressed in late Buddhism. Buddha has not gone to the final Nirvana, he is near the earth helping those who are on the way and sometimes clairvoyants see him. When a person reaches God outside the universe or opens the spiritual consciousness, he is given a choice: to remain in heaven until better times, never incarnate on earth and develop further along spiritual levels or take upon ourselves the difficult mission of helping people and incarnate when it is necessary for God at the appropriate time on Earth.

In Hinduism, classical yoga also supported the liberation of consciousness and liberation from karma, but Aurobindo’s new yoga already wants to transform the body in order to eliminate death and make the mind divine and blissful on earth, then there is no need to go to heaven and when a person has defeated himself he can also transform the surrounding nature and the physical level is so much so that the Kingdom of God will be on earth, which is also a Christian goal, so there is no need to look for happiness in heaven if the Earth can be redone and "that above it will be below". Because no matter how many avatars come along, granting different religions and paths in the past, the consciousness of the human race is no longer elevated because earthly matter and mind are very inert to change and sooner or later the word of the teacher weakens but if you create a race with elevated consciousness, it can will expand and all those who are born will already have this sublime consciousness that can quickly open all levels of spiritual consciousness and there will be a divine world on earth and even physically the planet will no longer be physical. And if a person can do it he can do it on earth anywhere in the cosmos because man will become the master of earth and heaven and the full spokesman of God in the universe.When the human body becomes immortal, it can, by changing the vibrations of its energy body, move to any level of being, being anywhere in matter or outside of it in any density, temperature and rarefaction so that the whole universe will be home for him and not one planet, level of world and one body.

On 14.10.2018 at 1:13 AM, jaylemurph said:

Maybe you could just point out two religious books that actually say the same thing. The Bible can’t do that and it’s just a single text. 

I mean, this counts as one of the most thoughtless, naïve (in the negative sense) statements about religion I’ve ever seen. 

—Jaylemurph 

Religions should not repeat each other, otherwise why create such a multitude, so they should be different so that each people is given what suits them most in this era.The theory of reincarnation is, for example, in both Buddhism and Hinduism, and for a Christian it is difficult to understand, therefore there is no such thing. But the moral prescriptions are about the same for all religions. The Bible can be difficult to understand because there words have no direct meaning, but figurative, for example, 7 days of creation were a huge period and not earthly 7 days.For example, Christ tells people to be like children but not to mean the consciousness of an ordinary child, but the spiritual consciousness of the avadhuta:

- The term in Hinduism, which is called a person who completely overcome the duality of the material world. Avadhutas, freed from all worldly sufferings and duties, live and act without becoming attached to anything and not worrying about anything. These are pure and simple, as children, persons. Avadhuta does not identify himself with his body and mind - he has reached the purest level of consciousness accessible to the individual soul (jiva) in human embodiment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avadhuta

Religions are still different because all teachers do not discover the same spiritual level but each one reveals his own level of bliss of knowledge or being, and this influences the doctrine of religion as a whole. Budda discovered the impersonal, formless, passive and empty Atman consciousness therefore there is no God, therefore, emphasis is placed on the personal efforts of a person as if he is a bee that is stuck in honey and you need to quickly get rid of it because this honey is at first sweet and then suffering comes.

But those who worshiped the personal God, Krishna, revealed the active bliss of God because Krishna is the god of superconsciousness and bliss, the quintessence of Sat-Chit-Ananda, the universal being. In general, what you worship to this and come, but you can open one to know the other and from the silent consciousness of the Atman, you can go to the active knowledge of Brahman through Krishna or express Knowledge. In this regard, the life of Ramakrishna, who worshiped the formidable goddess Kali, was further exemplified by the experience of the impersonal Brahman, converted to Christianity and recognized Christ as a teacher and the way of Christianity, and then transferred to Islam, and so he learned all the main ways. Ramakrishna died relatively young because he had throat cancer because he, like Christ, took the sins.. of his disciples.

3 hours ago, Coil said:

Ramakrishna died relatively young because he had throat cancer because he, like Christ, took the sins.. of his disciples.

Why didn't good ol' Rama go all the way , like what was said of Christ, took the sins of the 'world' away ?

Not very Krishna this Rama, even you must admit.... is this about copyright and patented religious laws ?

~

47 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Why didn't good ol' Rama go all the way , like what was said of Christ, took the sins of the 'world' away ?

Not very Krishna this Rama, even you must admit.... is this about copyright and patented religious laws ?

~

You are talking about Rama or Ramakrishna, I can not understand your words.
The ways of avatars are different, someone dies earlier and someone dies in old age.

9 hours ago, Coil said:

You are talking about Rama or Ramakrishna, I can not understand your words.

~