Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Things Are Getting Better

OverSword

On 10/10/2018 at 9:16 AM, XenoFish said:

Or you're working yourself to death and realize nothing gets better. Happy ending only belong in story books.

Hi Xeno 

Some of us are just in for the adventure, I'm more of an enthusiastic what next that didn't kill me.:lol: Hey I haven't had my Last bowl of sheet soup, not exactly looking for seconds willingly but hell that's  life and I ain't going to die just to let them off the hook that easy.:whistle:

jmccr8 

maybe the signs of things may be getting better ...

~

~

... and signs that things are still not quite there yet ...

~

When I was a kid I used to watch a show on PBS called Newscast from the Past. Just like it sounds it was newscasters in period costumes giving the news on historical events as if they were happening. It even had commercials. It made me realize that pre television and radio we didn't know what was happening ten miles down the road much half a world away. Today we are getting a constant stream of news, updates, events, and not just the facts but opinions, feelings, infotainment. It has changed our perceptions and our sense of being in the moment. I don't think we can grasp the overall mental health repercussions but it's not looking so good. I do think right now there are good things in the world and I wouldn't want to live in some past era (I like modern medical care thanks) but we can't know if this is a good time to live or not. History takes a while to process.

On 10/9/2018 at 12:23 PM, OverSword said:

Well, I don't think they are working against overall prosperity, just focusing on different aspects.  For example, if the current tariff wars resulted in an end to tariffs between China and USA the prosperity would be mutual for consumers and producers in both nations, and conditions in both places improves.

That’s not going to happen while the US has the labor laws it does unless the Chinese increases their labor laws. Purchase parity between countries only works on an even playing field. Open trade is supposed to be good for both countries, but when one has a clear advantage, the deck is stacked. 

1 hour ago, White Crane Feather said:

That’s not going to happen while the US has the labor laws it does unless the Chinese increases their labor laws. Purchase parity between countries only works on an even playing field. Open trade is supposed to be good for both countries, but when one has a clear advantage, the deck is stacked. 

I didn’t say it would be equally good for, China will never be America’s equal. I just said it would be better for all.