Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

is deep state behind the coming water crisis

andoniogonde320

15 hours ago, andoniogonde320 said:

No, the people who usually talk about the 'deep state' (cue ominous music) are the ones responsible because they're usually the same ones think climate science is a conspiracy... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I am pretty sure the increase in world population, food production and industry, and the consequential demand for more, cleaner, water, coinciding with a changing climate, was not deliberately engineered.    Though I appreciate why the idea may be attractive to some since, in the absence, of God, we have to find someone else to blame for everything we do wrong or cannot understand.

• Like 4

Next up: Global Warming is real but we dont need regulations, its all the deep states fault, if we just arrest them all then global warming will stop. :tu:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's interesting that with these kind of conspiracies if the government discusses environmental concerns, it's fear mongering or a distraction. Yet if they if do or say nothing, the conspiracy theorists are "The government planned it to take away our freedoms".

• Thanks 2

Good ol' Julius got the punchline ...

~

Caesar was stabbed to death at a meeting of the Senate. ... On his way to the Theatre of Pompey, where he would be assassinated, Caesar passed the seer and joked, "The Ides of March are come", implying that the prophecy had not been fulfilled, to which the seer replied "Aye, Caesar; but not gone."

~

~

Nestle is draining the Great Lakes - start with them

• Like 2

If more people studied science there would be a lot less conspiracy crap in the world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Your government checks the drinking water if you happen to live where you can drink the tap water. Yes not everyone have accsess to fresh water today. Scientist can make drinkable water from saltwater but i have heard the prosess takes much time and energy have to do some more reading regarding this.

55 minutes ago, Avalanche said:

Your government checks the drinking water if you happen to live where you can drink the tap water. Yes not everyone have accsess to fresh water today. Scientist can make drinkable water from saltwater but i have heard the prosess takes much time and energy have to do some more reading regarding this.

It's possible but, as you say, extremely energy intensive and expensive. I'm a few years out of date on it now but last I heard it was only realistically viable in Australia because of its huge coastline but little fresh water. 

Just not cost effective or practical somewhere like the continental US. 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:19 AM, Essan said:

I am pretty sure the increase in world population, food production and industry, and the consequential demand for more, cleaner, water, coinciding with a changing climate, was not deliberately engineered.    Though I appreciate why the idea may be attractive to some since, in the absence, of God, we have to find someone else to blame for everything we do wrong or cannot understand.

No it wasn't engineered, but it was predictable. I find myself asking why places like California hasn't build a reservoir since the 70's? Knowing full well their population was exploding, and knowing full well the demand for water would out pace their sources of water. Now conspiracy? Maybe, but not likely. Ignorance, corruption, greed? Could be any of the above.

• Like 5

On 10/22/2018 at 5:04 AM, preacherman76 said:

No it wasn't engineered, but it was predictable. I find myself asking why places like California hasn't build a reservoir since the 70's? Knowing full well their population was exploding, and knowing full well the demand for water would out pace their sources of water. Now conspiracy? Maybe, but not likely. Ignorance, corruption, greed? Could be any of the above.

I very seldom agree with you, but I'm with you 100% on this.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

On 10/22/2018 at 5:04 AM, preacherman76 said:

Good question.  Greed and stupidity probably figure in.  California and Arizona growth has been dependent on using more water than was being replaced.  Already California takes most of the Colorado River and several others.   Cities and agriculture fight for water.  At one time they had a proposal to pipe water from Oregon.   There may not be a suitable river left for a reservoir large enough to make a difference, unless they tap in to the Missouri or Mississippi.  Who would think a water pipeline might become as valuable as an oil pipeline.

On 10/18/2018 at 9:16 PM, Dark_Grey said:

Nestle is draining the Great Lakes - start with them

Nestle isn’t draining the Great Lakes yet. Though their gaining the Michigan footprint is disconcerting to say the least IMO.

9 hours ago, rashore said:

Nestle isn’t draining the Great Lakes yet. Though their gaining the Michigan footprint is disconcerting to say the least IMO.

You're telling me

Link

Last week, the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality did the unthinkable; they ruled in favor of Nestle in their controversial bid to double the amount of water they pump for next to nothing and sell back to us. Make no mistake, the amount of water that Nestle will now be taking qualifies as a harmful water withdrawal according to MDEQ’s own flawed water withdrawal assessment tool.

Big corps have been quietly buying up aquifers and wells all over the world. They are slowly taking over all fresh water resources and most people won't even know until it's too late and our water is being held hostage. Very scary situation

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/10/2018 at 2:04 PM, preacherman76 said:

More often than not it is about greed and corruption coupled with the lack of willingness to spend money gained from the revenue generated from supplied water.

Here in Cape Town , we have had water restrictions for almost a decade, and the past few months have been restricted on water usage quite drastically. The city has been encouraging a daily usage of 50 Litres per day per household, no watering of gardens with hosepipes, no washing of cars other than abucket, recycling 'grey water' from showering for flushing of toilets etc. Dams that supplied the City were down so low that there were rumours of reaching a Day Zero, where the city would run dry and people would have to collect water from designated points.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Town_water_crisis

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/city-of-cape-town-relaxes-water-restrictions-tariffs-to-level-5-20180910

I dont know so much about the OP's Deep State situation, but here it is a combination of drought and urban growth.

• Like 1