Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Michelle

Pro-choice man kicks pro-life woman

210 posts in this topic

rodentraiser

All I can think of is, where does all this leave me? I'm more liberal than anything else, but I am conservative on some issues. My brother is more conservative than anything else, yet he doesn't follow the religious views of the right. What are people like us supposed to do?

I'll tell you how this division is hurting all of us. Those in the middle feel like there's only two ways we can feel about anything: all liberal or all conservative. I personally feel forced to identify with one party or the other and it feels like I've been forced into silence. I can't say anything about my conservative beliefs because I'll be associated with trump's minions by the liberals and I can't say anything about my liberal beliefs because I get called all the names conservatives have for liberals.

It's very frustrating. I don't know why I can't simply say, "I believe..." and NOT have anyone come back and start in on whether I'm a liberal or a conservative because of what I said. At this point, I don't want to be either one. What I want to know is, why do I have to let my opinions identify with a political party? Why can't I just be a person with an opinion of my own?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Not Your Huckleberry
1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

All I can think of is, where does all this leave me? I'm more liberal than anything else, but I am conservative on some issues. My brother is more conservative than anything else, yet he doesn't follow the religious views of the right. What are people like us supposed to do?

I'll tell you how this division is hurting all of us. Those in the middle feel like there's only two ways we can feel about anything: all liberal or all conservative. I personally feel forced to identify with one party or the other and it feels like I've been forced into silence. I can't say anything about my conservative beliefs because I'll be associated with trump's minions by the liberals and I can't say anything about my liberal beliefs because I get called all the names conservatives have for liberals.

It's very frustrating. I don't know why I can't simply say, "I believe..." and NOT have anyone come back and start in on whether I'm a liberal or a conservative because of what I said. At this point, I don't want to be either one. What I want to know is, why do I have to let my opinions identify with a political party? Why can't I just be a person with an opinion of my own?

Welcome to the club. Truthfully, I think the majority of people probably fit somewhere in the middle, but division politics forces you to choose a side. It's like a fight going on and one friend is trying to get you to take their side against another one of your friends. We're rarely given a truly moderate candidate, but I honestly think it's all by design. Politics as usual relies on divide and conquer, never peace, unity and individual liberty. Such a candidate would certainly be exiled by both major parties.

• Like 2

Likely Guy

Et al. Ib id. Etc.

The problem is, is that there are political gains to be made with divisiveness.

Stop it dammit, or you''ll find yourselves down a one way path to an uncivil war.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DieChecker
On 10/20/2018 at 11:44 AM, rodentraiser said:

I just ssy what I think. If it makes others angry... triggered... screw 'em. 

It is helpful though to have friends and family that observe the social rules of Religion/Politics/Money.

lost_shaman
28 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I just ssy what I think. If it makes others angry... triggered... screw 'em. 

I self ID as a republican, but this is what I do to. I honestly don't care if I trigger someone or if they disagree. I've thought long and hard about my opinions and I just don't agree with everyone one on either side. If someone doesn't like what I think then I expect a well thought out rebuttal. Otherwise I feel free to ignore them. 

Edited by lost_shaman
  • Like 1

Kismit

I self identity as a swing voter. I will do what is right for me and the people I care for.  I will recognize that no one is better than the weakest human they can inspire.  And I don't care who I trigger. 

internetperson

What do you guys think of this video? The man in the video did slap the gal in the face, was he in the wrong?

Myles
59 minutes ago, internetperson said:

What do you guys think of this video? The man in the video did slap the gal in the face, was he in the wrong?

I thought the worker handled it very well.   The slap he gave her was a defensive slap that we justified.   That lady should have been put down.

• Like 1

DieChecker
On 10/22/2018 at 4:26 AM, internetperson said:

He probably shouldn't have slapped her. He'll probably be disciplined for it. Otherwise he did really well.

That lady though... Lady might not be the right word... She's in need of mental health help, and probably anger management. She was destroying the business's property. They'll take her to court, and pretty much automatically win.

skliss

I think the slap would fall under the category of self defense. Why should he allow her to scratch his eyes out? I think he was beyond patient.  Imo the group of them should have restrained her until the authorities arrived. Of course when someone acts so far out of the bounds of normal behaviour it's hard to process exactly what to do.