Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Something in the lake

Agishe

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2018 at 3:56 AM, Lord Harry said:

Very interesting. It is clearly a living aquatic animal of some sort. Not sure if it is an unclassified species or not based on that limited footage, but whatever it is, it is big. In my opinion the size of the portion that protruded above the surface negates the possibility of it being a sturgeon. And it appears too large to be a  beluga whale.

Its not a part of the animal that protudes out of the water, its a white stripe in its skin (similar to what whales or other nipple wearers would sometimes sport) So as a normal animal you only see its back sticking above the water, no animal that i know of can twist part of their body completely above the water. Serpents move sideways in "S"es for instance, and dont rise above the water. The white stripe in the skin in this case is simply confused with the bright background, giving the impression of the black part being a separate animal stretching above the waterline..

ETA -- I must admit the lack of visible tail or back fin is mysterious, but the seagulls make sense. Its been known that many whales in the ocean have problems when they breach that the seagulls land on them and take a bite to get some meat, and some whales are quite wounded by it in the long run. Well food for thought.

Edited by Loggins

This footage looks like a big pipe being slowly spun in the water. It doesn't look alive at all. I say as a lifelong fisherman, this does not even remotely resemble a living creature.

Edited by Podo
  • Like 1

Looks very much like a carp. Living on the water have seen carps this big. 

On 12/12/2018 at 4:04 AM, freetoroam said:

Looks very much like a carp. Living on the water have seen carps this big. 

I have a koi pond and koi are basically carp.  The largest koi however are no more than a meter long.   This has to be a faked picture with a koi or carp photoshopped into it...don't you think?

3 minutes ago, joc said:

I have a koi pond and koi are basically carp.  The largest koi however are no more than a meter long.   This has to be a faked picture with a koi or carp photoshopped into it...don't you think?

My husband is a carp fisherman and he also has a koi pond at his mums property. I have shown him this and he says it looks like a radio controlled device, not a carp. The way it moves is not like a fish. And by the size of the trees the thing looks about 2/3 meters long. 

The original footage shows a fairly shallow (maybe 10-20ft deep?), freshwater pond or small lake in farmland.  It may well be a lake stocked with fish for sportsmen.    It won't have any direct connection to the sea.

The chances of a hitherto unknown, large, creature living in it are about the same as discovering that a herd of pink unicorns have been living in my back garden for the past 200 years.

3 hours ago, Essan said:

The original footage shows a fairly shallow (maybe 10-20ft deep?), freshwater pond or small lake in farmland.  It may well be a lake stocked with fish for sportsmen.    It won't have any direct connection to the sea.

The chances of a hitherto unknown, large, creature living in it are about the same as discovering that a herd of pink unicorns have been living in my back garden for the past 200 years.

You are likely right but as evidenced by the seagulls, they are sure to be close to the sea.

And it is the bird's behavior towards this thing that sorta tells me it is a living creature. Notice the gulls are not afraid of it, which show's they are familiar with it and can safely feed off of it. I seriously doubt gulls would go land on something man made, as they have no use for it and because they would know nothing about it and would naturally make the birds inclined to stay away from it.

To me, it looks like one big ass snake. or something like that. i dunno

11 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

You are likely right but as evidenced by the seagulls, they are sure to be close to the sea.

And it is the bird's behavior towards this thing that sorta tells me it is a living creature. Notice the gulls are not afraid of it, which show's they are familiar with it and can safely feed off of it. I seriously doubt gulls would go land on something man made, as they have no use for it and because they would know nothing about it and would naturally make the birds inclined to stay away from it.

To me, it looks like one big ass snake. or something like that. i dunno

We get seagulls everywhere in the UK - their presence doesn't indicate proximity to the coast.   I haven't been able to work out from the video just where the location, although the very fact it's not known raises suspicions!   Did the videoer not know where he was?!    I have never known gulls in this country land on any living creature, and if they were familiar with it then it can't be any unknown creature.   Almost certainly a hoax.

A drainage hose undulating in the water. The suction action is kicking up nymphs which is causing a small feeding frenzy around it which is why the seagull is there.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I live about 88 miles from the sea and the fields here are full of seagull, scavenging after the farmers have muck spread and the local pond is always busy with the gulls. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I call hoax on the first video it just doesnt have organic quality to me, while the bird is a good extra i would believe a living creature would have reaction to a bird pecking digging at something on its back,

I hope you wait until were properly dead before you start old ripbeak.

The second video reminds me of the video from florida of a Pinniped or Trichechidae

But more "fish" ish