Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dreams of chaos

Galaxyeyes

I’ve experience precognitive dreams for as long as I can remember. Almost all of my dreams I believe are in some way showing me a future event. A very memorable experience I had was when I was having dreams about hiding and protecting kids from something dangerous. For about two weeks these vivid dreams continued. The last dream I had like that, I was in a room that looked like a classroom, a room I’ve never been in before in my waking life. And I had told all these kids to hide in the closet and I covered them up and hid them and told them to be very quiet and not to come out. I then stood by the door, the only way in or out of the room, and knew something bad was coming through the door but I didn’t know what and then I woke up. 

Later that day, I saw on the news that a school shooting happened at Sandy Hook and many little kids lots their lives that day. A story was released about a teacher that was about the same age as me, a young woman about 24, actually hid her entire classroom of young children in the closets and then stood at the door. The gunman came into the room and she said the kids are at gym class and he shot and killed her. She saved those children that day. 

What I don’t understand is why am I given this vision? What am I to do with the information if I don’t get all the details from my dream. 

I also have many many more stories to share. 

I hope I am welcomed with open arms and would love to read more on this forum from you all. Wishing everyone a blessed day! 

• Like 1

Welcome to you, firstly I have no doubts that their are genuine pre-cognitive dreams, what is perhaps open to interpretation, is what is the purpose of them, it is hard to imagine there is no reason for your being shown snippets of future events. Maybe it is a way of alerting you to the fact that there is much more to reality, than what meets the waking eye.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Galaxyeyes said:

I’ve experience precognitive dreams for as long as I can remember. Almost all of my dreams I believe are in some way showing me a future event. A very memorable experience I had was when I was having dreams about hiding and protecting kids from something dangerous. For about two weeks these vivid dreams continued. The last dream I had like that, I was in a room that looked like a classroom, a room I’ve never been in before in my waking life. And I had told all these kids to hide in the closet and I covered them up and hid them and told them to be very quiet and not to come out. I then stood by the door, the only way in or out of the room, and knew something bad was coming through the door but I didn’t know what and then I woke up. 

Later that day, I saw on the news that a school shooting happened at Sandy Hook and many little kids lots their lives that day. A story was released about a teacher that was about the same age as me, a young woman about 24, actually hid her entire classroom of young children in the closets and then stood at the door. The gunman came into the room and she said the kids are at gym class and he shot and killed her. She saved those children that day. 

What I don’t understand is why am I given this vision? What am I to do with the information if I don’t get all the details from my dream. 

I also have many many more stories to share. 

I hope I am welcomed with open arms and would love to read more on this forum from you all. Wishing everyone a blessed day! 

Hello and welcome.:) It is possible you are able to tap into the energies of a certain timeline and possibilities of what might happen. I know before 911 I had a dream of a plane crashing. I believe the future and past are all going on at the same time so it is possible to witness these events or feel the energies before they happen in our understanding of linear time.

I had a dream before the 9/11 happenings that started with my standing on an athletics track I had run on as a teenager, there was a dark and menacing storm approaching, it skipped then to my looking from a very high vantage point, directly down into city streets, I could see what looked like a front of grey dust advancing through the streetscape, with what looked like ants running ahead of it, but on closer inspection, were seen to be people. The first scene, I took to symbolize approaching trouble for the "human race" ( the track where humans "race") That grey dust eerily similar to the aftermath of the collapsed buildings.

@Galaxyeyes

Welcome aboard.

Victoria Leigh Soto performed a hero deed at Sandy Hook.

A hero deed arises within an archetypal situation. You dreamt one version of it, and the version you dreamt matched something that happened. Inevitably so, since "archetypal" is a fancy way to say "what happens again and again." You caught the wave.

Regrettably, the occasion for this variety of hero deed was not unprecedented. The idea was thus available to you, and the question of what you would do if you had to was a reasonable one for you to dream on. And so you did dream on it.

That your dream recurred? This hero deed is not a "complete solution," is it? Ideally, the hero answers the call to adventure, enters into the struggle, and then returns home to the benefit of all. But the last part doesn't always work out, and in this case, the best Soto could do was to save herself or save the kids, but not both. She saved the kids.

Unlike the woman caught in the real situation, the dreamer has the luxury of a do-over, to see if maybe there was another way. So, let's take it again from where the gunman comes through the door ... but no, probably there is no satisfactory solution, only the better choice the hero can make between two lousy alternatives.

Well dreamt, importantly dreamt even, but there is nothing as trivial and shop-worn as "pre-cognition" in it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Galaxyeyes said:

Later that day, I saw on the news that a school shooting happened at Sandy Hook and many little kids lots their lives that da

Very tragic story.

But have you heard about all the others?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_massacres_by_death_toll

It is very posible you have, especially Columbine. If any had been on a programne, as some quite often are, had you watched them or heard about them, then like many others, it could have played on your mind and hence the dream.  And then.....another shooting occurs.

This is not seeing into the future, it is recalling the events from the past in your dreams and unfortunately.....another shooting occurs...to add to the list.

Had you had the ability to see into the future...you would have seen the others.

You had a dream about something you had seen or heard about.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

Write down your dreams and keep a record of those that actually occur. In detail. Not half way, not sort of, but fully. This way you can actually determine if they are as you say 'precognitive' or not. Also cross reference other events that you are aware of and see if there is a similarity between your dreams and what you've read in the past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi and welcome Galaxy, I had dreams that come real a few days, some good, some bad. But I only realise it after it happened. For example, in one of my dream i had an accident at work. And that same accident happened in real. And I was like woah, I been here before.

1 hour ago, MissJatti said:

Hi and welcome Galaxy, I had dreams that come real a few days, some good, some bad. But I only realise it after it happened. For example, in one of my dream i had an accident at work. And that same accident happened in real. And I was like woah, I been here before.

Do you know what self fulfilling prophecy is? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, eight bits said:

Well dreamt, importantly dreamt even, but there is nothing as trivial and shop-worn as "pre-cognition" in it.

:yes:

I wish I had your way with words Paul!

@Galaxyeyes Nobody can see a ever changing future. But past events can lay in your subconscious and come out in dreams.  In the Algonquian Spiritual tradition ( the real one, not the Pan-Indian newage version) we don't even believe in prophecy. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You beat me to the punch. :lol:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

You beat me to the punch. :lol:

I have never trusted any form of divination, prophecy, or fortune telling. The way I see it is that we are weavers of our futures. Except we don't know exact where the strands are coming from. 

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I have never trusted any form of divination, prophecy, or fortune telling. The way I see it is that we are weavers of our futures. Except we don't know exact where the strands are coming from. 

Another Tendai teaching you figured out on your own. :yes:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Piney said:

Another Tendai teaching you figured out on your own. :yes:

You keep saying that and I still don't get it.:huh:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You keep saying that and I still don't get it.:huh:

I'll send you a PM when I'm done tonight. :yes:

The past repeats itself often, because we make the past and we are creatures of habit. These manifest in our dreams for numerous reasons, because they have played on your mind, because you are stressed, medication or simply because you are dreaming. 

As for school shootings, tragically there have been many and many programmes about them. It would not be strange to dream about a similar event.

What the op must realise is there is no vision here, a vision would consist of exact times, names and place. The op's mind is simply recalling past events and trying connect it to another event which happened after the dream.

To the OP, had you not had your dream, it still would have happened, which means it was not your vision.

On 10/10/2018 at 12:25 PM, XenoFish said:

No, and whats it got to do with them dreams i had?

I dont believe that, I believe these dreams i had, was going to happen no matter what. Because I didnt get the chance to edit the outcome of my dream in reality. Since those dreams started very close to them incidents I had.

5 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

I dont believe that, I believe these dreams i had, was going to happen no matter what. Because I didnt get the chance to edit the outcome of my dream in reality. Since those dreams started very close to them incidents I had.

Then it's confirmation bias. 

• Thanks 1

Perhaps my explanation of my experience was rather short and I did not share any other experiences to give more of a background. This was one of the first dreams I wrote down in my dream journal in 2012. Before this, I have had many unexplained experiences as a child and young adult. I would have to write an entire book to explain it all in detail. One of the strangest things that happened was back in 1994 when I was 9 years old, in 4th grade and drew a picture of what happened on 9/11. I drew two tall buildings on fire with a city skyline. It was a gray drawing with dingy red color only in the American flag that I drew in the middle flying half staff and it was on fire burning away. I drew two planes in the sky on fire with stick figure people jumping out of the tall buildings that were on fire. I named it a "Stately Death" and then my mom told me to change death to demise so it's final name was "A Stately Demise." My teacher thought it strange that a 9 year old would draw this for a project that said we could draw basically anything we wanted. While others drew sunshine and rainbows, I drew that and I don't remember why. My teacher asked to keep my drawing and I said yes. I've been trying to find him to see if he still has it but with no luck and its been many years. I was going to write a blog on here for all of my dreams and continue to document them. 

Edited by Galaxyeyes
added a year for time frame reference

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:20 AM, eight bits said:

@Galaxyeyes

Welcome aboard.

Victoria Leigh Soto performed a hero deed at Sandy Hook.

Unlike the woman caught in the real situation, the dreamer has the luxury of a do-over, to see if maybe there was another way. So, let's take it again from where the gunman comes through the door ... but no, probably there is no satisfactory solution, only the better choice the hero can make between two lousy alternatives.

Thank you for reminding me what her name was, Victoria Lehigh Soto deserves to be recognized as a hero. It is very unfortunate situation and sad she was not able to be saved herself. What she did was a sincere act of bravery. 

What was strange about my experience was that leading up to this final dream of the classroom and hiding kids in a closet, I had a dream almost every night for the previous two weeks about hiding and protecting kids. Sometimes I would wake up sweating and crying which happens when the dreams are intense. For example, I was running through the woods with a group of kids. Some children I know and others I have never seen in real life before (that I remember). I had to hide them under branches and bury them with leaves so they aren't seen and tell them to be quiet and not move. Then I keep running from whatever bad thing we are running from. Then I had the dream that I spoke of in the original post and later that same day the news shared what happened at Sandy Hook and I stopped having dreams about protecting children from evil. 

I just find it strange that I would have these types of dreams for a couple weeks leading up to the dream about the classroom, wake up and it actually happens that day and then I never have that type of dream again. 

Edited by Galaxyeyes

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:39 AM, freetoroam said:

Very tragic story.

But have you heard about all the others?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_massacres_by_death_toll

It is very posible you have, especially Columbine. If any had been on a programne, as some quite often are, had you watched them or heard about them, then like many others, it could have played on your mind and hence the dream.  And then.....another shooting occurs.

This is not seeing into the future, it is recalling the events from the past in your dreams and unfortunately.....another shooting occurs...to add to the list.

Had you had the ability to see into the future...you would have seen the others.

You had a dream about something you had seen or heard about.

I did not watch anything about shootings or anything like that at the time of the dreams. Obviously I have heard of what happened at Columbine but that thought definitely was not in the forefront of my mind. I try not to watch negative things to be honest. I've seen many different things in dreams not just about school shootings. And many times I am made aware when they happen, I don't go searching to see if it happened.

Strangely, I had a dream about an unprecedented explosion but it was a short dream with not many details. I was at work and we all saw a flash of light and heard it. I woke up and started my day and was flipping through the channels having a coffee and saw a new show on the history channel titled "What would happen if America was hit with an Atomic bomb." It was the first time the show was airing. It seems to be synchronized with my dream but doesn't necessarily mean that dream was a premonition of a future event. Maybe I was being made aware of the possibility of that future threat. I try to think positive thoughts so that dream does not become a reality. I also did not watch any movies about bombs or anything like that before the dream because when I wake up from dreams like that I critically think about what I've exposed myself to recently so I can evaluate the dream properly. I feel that sometimes I have a dream and see something that validates the dream. That's a little different than watching something on tv, say a movie about tornados, and then dreaming about a tornado and thinking you saw a premonition of the future. 

10 hours ago, Galaxyeyes said:

One of the strangest things that happened was back in 1994 when I was 9 years old, in 4th grade and drew a picture of what happened on 9/11. I drew two tall buildings on fire with a city skyline. It was a gray drawing with dingy red color only in the American flag that I drew in the middle flying half staff and it was on fire burning away. I drew two planes in the sky on fire with stick figure people jumping out of the tall buildings that were on fire.

The first World Trade Center terrorist bombing was in 1993.

https://www.911memorial.org/1993-world-trade-center-bombing

The vulnerability of the towers to aircraft was publicized while they were being built (in an ad paid for by a group headed by the owner of the Empire State Building, which was in fact hit by an airplane in the 1940's). The coverage of the '93 bombing included the terrorists' fantasy, that one tower would fall onto the other. The "rebuttal" to which (and something you could easily have been exposed to) is that the base of a skyscraper is its strongest point. If you want to take one down, you need to concentrate on where it's far weaker, i.e. away from the foundation.

And just in case you think that little lesson in engineering would go over the head of a child, a popular video theme in those days (before Youtube; these things were "free media," advertisements for the demolition company that TV stations would run as news items) was the big building deliberate demolition by expert placement of explosives. 

This sort of thing:

So am I just a common scold? No, I hope not. I'm just saying you're driving the best known pattern recognition and generation firmware in the Universe. Some part of dreams (whose full functionality is still only partly understood) is memory management - if you've ever been in the same room with something, then the something might show up in your dreams, cross-referenced to anything else that might interest you (e.g. the safety of children in a dangerous world).

I think it's great that you're keeping a dream journal. As with a lot of things, after the facts are recorded, there's the interpretation. The trick is to realize how amazing the brain is, just as it comes, no magic needed. If we were as smart as our dreams, then we'd be dangerous :) .

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2018 at 8:23 AM, MissJatti said:

huh?  You believe that dreams create reality?  Or do you believe that dreams show us the reality of future events?  Either way...uh...not really how dreams work or why we have them. 

But wait...you said you could have changed the reality of future events if you had the chance to edit them in your dream?  It seems like what you are saying is that through lucid dreaming you can change the future.  Please tell me you are more founded in reality than that.

• Like 2