Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dreams of chaos

Galaxyeyes

On 10/10/2018 at 3:08 AM, Habitat said:

I had a dream before the 9/11 happenings that started with my standing on an athletics track I had run on as a teenager, there was a dark and menacing storm approaching, it skipped then to my looking from a very high vantage point, directly down into city streets, I could see what looked like a front of grey dust advancing through the streetscape, with what looked like ants running ahead of it, but on closer inspection, were seen to be people. The first scene, I took to symbolize approaching trouble for the "human race" ( the track where humans "race") That grey dust eerily similar to the aftermath of the collapsed buildings.

I also had a dream.  I was dreaming that a small plane slammed into Tower One.  I awoke from my dream to the radio alarm.  The guy was saying that a plane had crashed into one of the Towers.  No mystery there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry but what we dream doesn't affect real world events. There is no causal power between our thoughts and external events except through the medium of our actions. If you believe that thought itself influences objective reality, you're using magical thinking which is inert.

• Thanks 2

On 10/10/2018 at 4:48 AM, XenoFish said:

Write down your dreams and keep a record of those that actually occur. In detail. Not half way, not sort of, but fully. This way you can actually determine if they are as you say 'precognitive' or not. Also cross reference other events that you are aware of and see if there is a similarity between your dreams and what you've read in the past.

I think it is a good idea to write down dreams if one wants to remember them.

Pre cognitive dreaming however belongs in that Magical Thinking Box.

The future doesn't exist.

• Like 1

Everything I have I explained may be taken out of context and I am not the best with my written words. Talking to me in person in probably more interesting and I am better conversating that way. I would say I am also skeptical of forms of divination and the like and I believe we create our futures by the frequency we put out in our thoughts, words, and actions. Could we also create these realties while we dream if that puts out frequencies?

I am just curious as to what I've experienced means in the larger scale of things. A lot of things are still left unexplained and up for debate. I love quantum physics and thinking outside the box. For instance, are we peering into our "road not taken" or the life of our parallel universe counterparts? Most likely not, but its interesting to think about. Are there real precognitive dreams? I say yes along with the existence of telepathy, clairvoyance and some other paranormal phenomena. Which I have experienced those to some extent as well. Hard to explain it all in one post.

I'll explain one night of dreaming when I stayed at a friend's parents house in the summer of 2012. I went to sleep in her basement which was where her room was set up and I first had a dream there was a young boy in the corner of the basement, maybe about 7 or 8, and he was telling me to follow him but he wasn't speaking. I went towards him and then I was outside on the property of the house but there was trees everywhere, like a lush forest. Him and I spoke in a way without words, just looked into each others eyes. Everything fast forward and I was watching a scene outside the house unfold. I was alone now, the boy was gone, and I was only an observer. I saw trees being chopped down and machinery used to shred wood in some way. I wasn't close enough to see details but enough distance away to see what was going on. Everyone was working and then there was a startling commotion and people were screaming and running. Something happened by the wood chipper. It was an accident. He was running around too close and was knocked in. I then went into another dream but felt I had time between to process what I saw. 

The next dream I was floating in space and could see the glowing earth relatively close in perspective, but I didn't feel like I was myself, like I wasn't in a body but I was still energy. It was strange. Then coming from the right, I watched an enormous asteroid slowly roll by right between myself and Earth. It filled up much of my view, but as it drifted away to the left I could see it's shape in detail. I felt like everything was going to be okay, but from what I saw I couldn't tell if it was on course to hit us, just had a feeling that everything was alright. 

Then I woke up. and I told my friend about my dream with the little boy and her jaw dropped and told me that I have to sit down and talk to her mom about it. So we went upstairs and got ready to have breakfast with her mom and I told her about the little boy. And she told me that they felt the house was haunted by a little boy about 8 years old. She said her house was very old as well. Outside there are trees in the front yard and across the street there is still woods. But the back yard has fields for a mile maybe looks like it was a farm a long time ago but isn't used anymore. 

Is it just a strange coincidence? 

As for the asteroid, about six months later an asteroid was spotted to come dangerous close to Earth and said it would miss us. If it had hit us, it would have been devastating because it was the size of a football field. However, a smaller asteroid was trailing behind the colossal one and it did strike the earth in Russia right outside of a major city in feb. 2013. Luckily it landed in an ice lake or it would of been horrible! About 900 people were injured but no one was killed. And that was just from the sonic boom that extended out from where it cushion landed in the lake. They said it was the biggest explosion since the Tunguska event. 

http://earthsky.org/space/meteor-asteroid-chelyabinsk-russia-feb-15-2013

Having said that, I watched the news to hear about the asteroid since it was expected to pass, and they said the big colossal one crossed in front of one of our satellites and it captured a video of it that they aired on the news. I had basically just put the channel on and they showed the video and what the satellite saw was exactly what I saw. Same distance from the Earth, same angle, same shape asteroid, same movement, and it was the same duration as my dream. I was the satellite, I thought to myself. 

I believe I have precognitive dreams. Not sure about being able to interact in the physical world through dreams but really anything is possible being there are still many unexplained mysteries. 

On 12/10/2018 at 3:35 AM, Galaxyeyes said:

I did not watch anything about shootings or anything like that at the time of the dreams

Dreams are not based on what you have watched at the time, they include memories from the past.  You could have a dream about something you saw a year or years ago.

Obviously I have heard of what happened at Columbine but that thought definitely was not in the forefront of my mind

Your dreams are not always based on what is on your mind at the time, they  incorporate past memories.

They can also incorporate events or moments which meant nothing to you.

It was the first time the show was airing. It seems to be synchronized with my dream but doesn't necessarily mean that dream was a premonition of a future event.

No it had nothing to do with your dream. 

We live in a world where explosions happen daily somewhere in the world,  i think you are trying to connect your dreams to events which are generally all over the media.

I try not to watch negative things to be honest

----'

flipping through the channels having a coffee and saw a new show on the history channel titled "What would happen if America was hit with an Atomic bom

But you do watch programmes like the history channel, it is not all negative but the above could certainly manifest in your...and anyone elses dream. 

You do not have to be watching negative things, you could have the news on in the background or seen an article on the front page of a newspaper or heard something on the radio, dreams are not all based on something which you have focused on.

You obviously can remember your dreams, this is something many people can do, but you must remember ...your mind  can not see onto the future, your mind will recall and mix and create your dreams from things you have seem or heard in the past.

You may be able to predict what is going to happen in the future based on statistics, please see article below.

What i would recommend, instead of thinking you can see into the future, you read  about dreaming, here are some interesting points, but please read the article

As you are able to remember your dreams, you may find this interesting

What i hope you see by these articles is there is no seeing into the future, there are predictions, but based on 

' A form of consciousness that unites past, present and future in processing information from the first two, and preparing for the third."

Some things you think you have foreseen are not that at all, if the events you mentioned did not happen, i truely believe you would have found something else going on to try to tie your dream to.  This is a pattern many people do who think they can see into the future.....although you can remember your dreams, are you actually thinking about them all the time or only when something happens and you remember a dream you had was similar....or you think was similar?

The usual suspects working overtime to convince people (largely themselves) that pre-cognitive dreams don't exist. There is certainly plenty of resistance to the idea, and I had a lot of that, but as they piled up over the years for me, I can now say I am convinced they do happen. I recall having one dream I woke up from, thinking "what a ******* ridiculous dream that was, as if that would ever happen". It did, with startling similarity. Those who argue against such things, start from a position of already knowing, they think, that it cannot be, never a good position to have, if you really want the truth. One must beware of such wiseacres, as much as those who default to believing that every dream they have is a portent.

10 minutes ago, Habitat said:

The usual suspects working overtime to convince people (largely themselves) that pre-cognitive dreams don't exist. There is certainly plenty of resistance to the idea, and I had a lot of that, but as they piled up over the years for me, I can now say I am convinced they do happen. I recall having one dream I woke up from, thinking "what a ******* ridiculous dream that was, as if that would ever happen". It did, with startling similarity. Those who argue against such things, start from a position of already knowing, they think, that it cannot be, never a good position to have, if you really want the truth. One must beware of such wiseacres, as much as those who default to believing that every dream they have is a portent.

You have not even bothered to understand what i have put or what the links say. There has been so much research in dreams over many years....NO ONE  has ever been able to predict the future because of some 6th sense.

This bit it not difficult to understand:

• A form of consciousness that unites past, present and future in processing information from the first two, and preparing for the third.

There is nothing....repeat....nothing to back up dreaming of future events based on....nothing but the future.

It is not really that difficult, some events happen daily, some weekly or monthly...somewhere in the world, the fact you have had a dream based on what you have seen or heard in the past, does not mean you have seen into the future because something similar has happened again.

13 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

You have not even bothered to understand what i have put or what the links say. There has been so much research in dreams over many years....NO ONE  has ever been able to predict the future because of some 6th sense.

This bit it not difficult to understand:

• A form of consciousness that unites past, present and future in processing information from the first two, and preparing for the third.

There is nothing....repeat....nothing to back up dreaming of future events based on....nothing but the future.

It is not really that difficult, some events happen daily, some weekly or monthly...somewhere in the world, the fact you have had a dream based on what you have seen or heard in the past, does not mean you have seen into the future because something similar has happened again.

I told a relative  who lived in another part of the state, that I had a dream they bought a house in Brisbane,  in a particular suburb, and in a small section of that suburb that has a bay view. But, in the dream, the sale fell through because there was something wrong with the structure of the house.They laughed heartily, assuring me they were not going to be living in the city again, been there, done that. Fast forward maybe three years, circumstances changed, they move back to Brisbane, go looking at houses all over the city ( must be 100 or more suburbs ) and finally sign on the house the dream foretold, same suburb, with the bay view. Very happy with it, pending the usual pre-sale inspections, which revealed a major structural problem. That person has moved around a lot, and probably had 10 different homes, but has never backed out of a purchase, but this time baulked at tens of thousands of dollars of rectification work. So no bay views ! That could all be just a big co-incidence, but given the number of such dreams I have had, I don't buy that argument any more.

23 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I had a dream they bought a house in Brisbane

-----

they move back to Brisbane,

The way you started out i was thinking they were going to move somewhere they had never lived before...but they moved back

( must be 100 or more suburbs)

I am taking you know the names of all of them if you managed to name the one they were going to buy a house in?

That person has moved around a lot, and probably had 10 different homes,

Then having a dream about them moving again is really not odd, 

in a small section of that suburb that has a bay view.

Brisbane has water all over the place, if they were moving back...after living there before, is it really strange if they wanted a bay view? Did they have a bay view last time they were there? 

That could all be just a big co-incidence, 

I am not seeing any coincidences..they wanted to move back to where they lived before, have a bay view, which in Brisbane is not going to be hard to find, and you mentioning a suburb could have given them an idea on looking there = 3 years later.

You forgotten this part:

I had a dream they bought a house in Brisbane,  in a particular suburb

But they did not:

but this time baulked at tens of thousands of dollars of rectification work. So no bay views

So where did they buy their new house in the end, Perth?

I am pretty well familiar with Brisbane and probably could name 100 suburbs in it, bay views are actually far from common in Brisbane, despite it being on a wide bay, the topography is such that it would mean maybe 5% of houses (tops) would have a bay view. They eventually bought in another area to the north of Brisbane, not within the city. The suburb in the dream, again about 5% of housing would have a bay view. There is a succession of coincidences that multiplied together, I would estimate like this, return to city living, somewhat less than 50% chance ( a subject of laughter, remember ) sign up in that suburb, 5% chance at best, bay view 5% again, back out of the sale because of a structural problem, 20% tops. That  is being very, very conservative. You are looking at 5000/1 odds at very best. I can't recall any other such dreams about a relative buying a house, let alone with the details of location etc. I reminded him about that dream, and he was indeed taken with the uncanny accuracy of it, in relation to what actually transpired. But this is just one of many dreams I have had, of this nature, and actually not the most startling one.

19 hours ago, Habitat said:

The usual suspects working overtime to convince people (largely themselves) that pre-cognitive dreams don't exist.

Bait much?

Some people you know planned one future, but circumstances dictated a different one for them, so they adjusted their plans. Then a building inspection turned up what the inspection was designed to turn up, reminding us why anybody would ever pay for having such a thing done when they're spending a fortune on a piece of property.

Talk about things that happen again and again.

We need to be clear about your dreams and the OP's dreams. Nobody is denying that we all can dream something that subsequently happens in the real world. Dreams are thoughts, and thoughts can make forecasts, some of whuch just might pan out. All that is being denied is that anything is happening in those reports that exceeds what would be expected from matter in motion.

If our ancestors' forecasts hadn't panned out once in a while, then you and I wouldn't be here to have this discussion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eight bits said:

All that is being denied is that anything is happening in those reports that exceeds what would be expected from matter in motion.

Which is a blanket assertion that precognitive dreams simply aren't real. At one time, I'd have agreed with you, but like much else in life, experience changes perspectives. I've simply had too many, and far too detailed, to be undecided about it. 

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

Which is a blanket assertion that precognitive dreams simply aren't real.

Even if I knew for a fact that there were such things as preternatural precognitive dreams, that would not change my estimate that no example of a precognitive dream has been posted in this thread. Your "blanket statement" has no relevance to the estimate I've presented, because what's been posted here is well within what can be accomplished by thought, and dreams are a kind of thought.

22 hours ago, Habitat said:

But this is just one of many dreams I have had, of this nature, and actually not the most startling one.

I have explained it all in my post. Your dream did not indicate anything startling from an outsiders view. What you dreamt was one of the examples found in the research:

A form of consciousness that unites past, present and future in processing information from the first two, and preparing for the third.

Remember, they did not buy the house with a bay view and did not even buy one in that suburb, so nothing you dreamt about came true. 

The fact they went to see a house in the suburb you dreamt about is not odd either, over the 3 years, they probably looked at houses in many of the suburbs.

You should have used one of the more "startling"  dreams as your example. How about give us one of them?  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Habitat said:

, bay views are actually far from common in Brisbane, despite it being on a wide bay

Looking at the estate agents, properties with a bay view are there and If they went looking for a property with a bay view, there is a choice.

Again...they moved back to Brisbane, so they already knew areas of it and it would not be odd at all if they wanted a bay view....did they have one last time they lived there? 

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Looking at the estate agents, properties with a bay view are there and If they went looking for a property with a bay view, there is a choice.

Again...they moved back to Brisbane, so they already knew areas of it and it would not be odd at all if they wanted a bay view....did they have one last time they lived there? 

Bay views are actually quite scarce, and, no they haven't lived in a house like that (bay views) previously. And I have to say, they were on a limited budget, not flush with funds, and the vast majority of houses around Brisbane with a bay view would have been out of their price range completely, the house signed up to was cheaper for two reasons, one it was a largely industrial suburb, with factories as close as 100 metres, and the house was situated on a busy road. The more I think of this, the 5000 to 1 odds I mentioned, was a gross underestimate, probably easily 10,000 to 1. The whole thing was a very unlikely conjunction of events, which of course, can happen, and have nothing to do with seeing the future, If it was the only, or most convincing one of these dreams I've had, I'd likely agree with you.

Edited by Habitat

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Remember, they did not buy the house with a bay view and did not even buy one in that suburb, so nothing you dreamt about came true. 

Not at all, the dream foretold that they bought the house, (signed a contract, which they did, subject to pest and building inspection, which is a standard procedure these days.} Then they backed out when told it would cost tens of thousands to bring it up to the building standards, as an extensive deck had been built, that did not comply with the building codes.

4 hours ago, eight bits said:

Even if I knew for a fact that there were such things as preternatural precognitive dreams, that would not change my estimate that no example of a precognitive dream has been posted in this thread. Your "blanket statement" has no relevance to the estimate I've presented, because what's been posted here is well within what can be accomplished by thought, and dreams are a kind of thought.

Fair comment, I have mistaken what you said as being applied to all such dream claims. I really can't be dissuaded that it isn't a real phenomenon, though, as wacky as that may seem, but it probably took decades of repeated instances, to finally convince me.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I am going to disagree with you. Some people are able to have precognitive dreams such as myself. I will admit that the vast majority of people who claim this happens to them have no idea what they are talking about. Which seems is why my post went a bit astray. 

I am not going to argue with you about this. I am holding my position on the matter. 

Here is another precognitive example I will explain... and then I’m not explaining myself again... 

First of all, I can tell when I am having a regular dream that encompasses stressors and influences from everyday life. I know when I’m in sleep paralysis immediately upon waking up into it. Which is a topic for another discussion because sleep paralysis is real and it’s when the peneal gland is open while your body is in sleep mode which allows you to see the energy around you at a different frequency. I know when I am having a precognitive dream and when I awake from it there is a strong sense of urgency to document it and stay self aware.  

Simple example of 1 of many pregodnitive dreams among millions of regular energy releasing dreams...

In my dream i was standing in my living room facing the south wall of my house and to my right against the outside of the house, I heard a loud boom higher up near the second floor and then a second later another thud down lower at my level. Then I woke up. 

I felt that I was going to hear the two booms that day and I sure did. 

Standing in my living room about 5 hours later in the exact same position I was standing in my dream and I heard the boom higher up and a thud down below. Immediately I said, of course that happened and went to investigate the noise since the reason for the noise was not made known to me in the dream.

Sadly, I opened my front door where the noise had came from and looked down to find a big beautiful red cheeked wood pecker, dead with a broken neck. The poor thing flew into my second story window and broke its neck then fell on my porch, which was exactly my dream. 

So I was wondering, would you still say that I saw a movie or something in my life that was exactly that scenero? Of course birds die and I know that and something they fly into windows... but there is no coincidence or explanation for my dream repeating itself exactly in real-time only hours after I Recieved the information... other than it is obviously precognitive... end of story. 

I also gave the bird a proper burial. It was a more rare rather large woodpecker. It was very beautiful gray bird with red cheeks, black and white polka dot feathers with bright yellow lining their wings. 

I stand by my beliefs because my experiences prove to me no other way. I respect your experiences here as well, but we will have to agree to disagree. 

Welcome back.

3 hours ago, Galaxyeyes said:

I am not going to argue with you about this. I am holding my position on the matter. 

No worries. Your dream; your call.

9 hours ago, Galaxyeyes said:

the peneal gland is open while your body is in sleep mode

The pineal gland can neither be opened nor closed. It produces melatonin to help maintain your circadian rhythm and regulate your reproductive hormones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Galaxyeyes said:

it’s when the peneal gland is open

Huh? 

See Piney's post #47, no need for me to repeat it.

Where did you ever get the idea that the peneal gland can 'open'? 

You have not even mentioned melatonin (unless i have missed it),  Melatonin is a hormone in your body that plays a role in sleep.

The peneal gland produces it.

The pineal gland is a small endocrine gland in the brain of animals with backbones

If it was designed to 'open', all animals with a backbone would experience what you claim. Much research has been done in sleep, there is absolutely no evidence that you can see into the future, but it is known that people can think they are seeing into the future when infact you are only dreaming about it based on past event and probabilities.

You mention the peneal gland because you know it has something to do with sleeping, yes, it produces the melatonin. 

Below is a list of the other glands in the body, do you believe you can open these too (without a surgical incition)? 

Note the pineal gland is on that list, because = its a gland. 

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-glands-present-in-human-body