Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Beware of Reiki.!

danydandan

I'm gonna post this here because I think it falls into the verses debate in this section.

Now I don't know what Reiki is, my wife tells me it's some alternative healing nonsense made up by a Japanese dude who believed he was Jesus, or something. If anyone is a Reiki afishinado please clarify it that's true.

The following article is quite funny and sad at the same time. It's basically saying my make belief is better than your make belief.

So let me give a basic synopsis of what the article is detailing. A Catholic bishop is setting up an exorcism ministry to combat Reiki. So anyways.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/bishop-to-set-up-exorcism-ministry-as-he-warns-of-the-evils-of-reiki-37403224.html

Bishop Alphonsus Cullinan said he had received "several requests" from people to help deal with evil forces and that one priest in his diocese of Waterford and Lismore is about to start training in the practice of exorcism.

He said he was told by the brother of a reiki master that the man was "working on somebody one day when he actually says he saw a vision of Satan" and was "scared out of his wits, dropped the reiki and went back to the Church".

Funniest thing I've seen in awhile.

I was annoyed how Conor McGregor conducted himself, but this article genuinely makes me feel sad that it's happening in Ireland.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

As far as I know, Reiki is just a method / technique of massage, principally favored for the its 'erotic' nature

~

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, third_eye said:

As far as I know, Reiki is just a method / technique of massage, principally favored for the its 'erotic' nature

~

Well if that's the case, them Reiki lads have the Devil in them, the horny feckers! That Bishop will get it out of them. Won't be all 'erotic' when he is finished with them.

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Now I don't know what Reiki is, my wife tells me it's some alternative healing nonsense made up by a Japanese dude who believed he was Jesus, or something. If anyone is a Reiki afishinado please clarify it that's true.

It's just erotic massage like @third_eye said. Of course some idiotic turned it into something else. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Well if that's the case, them Reiki lads have the Devil in them, the horny feckers! That Bishop will get it out of them. Won't be all 'erotic' when he is finished with them.

I'm sure he'll suck the erotic notions completely out. :yes:

• Haha 4

Then why is it related to Jesus, and alternative healing?

Just now, danydandan said:

Then why is it related to Jesus, and alternative healing?

THat's not what traditional Reiki is all about, it is a very old if not ancient practice originating from Japan

Get the right partner and Reiki does add wonders to an already intimate relationship

~

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'm sure he'll suck the erotic notions completely out. :yes:

Priests don't do that. They provide the sucking material!

You know how they, 'cure' gay in the deep South of America? The same way your parents cured you from smoking.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

You know how they, 'cure' gay in the deep South of America? The same way your parents cured you from smoking.

I always thought Mike Pence was electrocuting himself to cure his. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Piney said:

I always thought Mike Pence was electrocuting himself to cure his. :yes:

Nope!

Just many many cigarettes.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

THat's not what traditional Reiki is all about, it is a very old if not ancient practice originating from Japan

Get the right partner and Reiki does add wonders to an already intimate relationship

~

Reiki was developed in the mid-1800s by Dr. Mikao Usui, a Japanese scholar of religion. According to the story that has been passed down among reiki teachers, Usui was a Christian who was intrigued by the idea that Christ could heal sick people by touching them with his hands. Searching for clues that would explain the secrets of healing with hands, Usui made a long pilgrimage around the world, visiting many ancient religious sects and studying ancient books. Some reiki teachers claim that Usui found clues leading back nearly 10,000 years to healing arts that originated in ancient Tibet. During his intense studies, Usui claimed he had a spiritual experience, which enabled him to heal with his own hands by becoming aware of and tapping into the universal life force. After that, he dedicated his life to helping the sick and poor. His reputation grew as he healed sick people for many years in Kyoto, Japan. Before his death, Usui passed on his healing insights using universal life energy to Dr. Chujiru Hayashi, a close acquaintance. Hayashi, in turn, passed on the healing techniques in 1938 to Hawayo Takata, a Japanese woman from Hawaii, whom he had cured of life-threatening illness using reiki methods. Takata became a firm believer and proponent of reiki, and during the 1970s formed an initiation program for training reiki masters to preserve Usui's teachings. Before she died, she prepared her granddaughter, Phyllis Lei Furumoto, to continue the lineage. Takata had personally trained 21 practitioners before she died at the age of 80 in 1980. Along with other reiki masters authorized by Takata, Furumoto formed the reiki Alliance. A faction led by Barbara Ray, formed the American Reiki Association, which was known as Radiance Technique Association International. Today, there are over 1,000 reiki masters practicing around the world, whose methods can all be traced back directly to Dr. Usui.

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Reiki

Practitioners have reported success in helping patients with acute and chronic illnesses, from asthma and arthritis to trauma and recovery from surgery. Reiki is a gentle and safe technique, and has been used successfully in some hospitals. It has been found to be very calming and reassuring for those suffering from severe or fatal conditions. Reiki can been used by doctors, nurses, psychologists and other health professionals to bring touch and deeper caring into their healing practices.

Westerns ruining traditional things as always.

• Like 3

~

2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Dr Usui is just the modern face'name of the ancient practice, he's kinda the fella that popularized Reiki in recent times. As with all things that works to a certain degree or extent, there will always be many others that regards themselves and ideas to be far more and greater than the rest.

~

Just to toss this in the mix, currently acupuncture seems to be the most effective method (please note - not treatment or cure ) in helping in treating smoking addiction
~

Sep 14, 2008 - Acupuncturist sometimes use a method called the NADA protocol in order to treat smoking addiction. Learn more about acupuncture and the ...

~
Over the weekend, I found myself at a social gathering in which there was a multitude of smokers. Typically, smokers congregate outside to light up, incredibly ...

~
Jan 19, 2018 - Acupuncture is widely used to treat individuals who wish to stop smoking however findings of most controlled trials on acupuncture for smoking ...
~

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Reiki is nothing more than a placebo and a cheap way to make money off people.

A lot of what is complimentary in Reiki is derived from the Kama Sutra and

~

Sep 26, 2011 - Includes bibliographical references (pages 243-244) and index.

~

~

Healthy sex for healthy body and mind

~

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

Healthy sex for healthy body and mind

I already know one of the major problems with the Abrahamic religions. :yes: 

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, danydandan said:

:yes:

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

I don't care what reiki is derived from. Its nothing more than a sugar pill for idiots.

Just now, XenoFish said:

I don't care what reiki is derived from. Its nothing more than a sugar pill for idiots.

I have the same sentiment towards any non-scientifically researched medicine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have the same sentiment towards any non-scientifically researched medicine.

You mean homeopathy. 

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

You mean homeopathy. 

All of them and homeopathy is my pet hate.

• Thanks 1

YOu guys are barking up the wrong tree. Reiki is just a small part of TCM and Ayurveda, nothing at all to do with medicine or even 'healing'

Its like aerobics or pilates or whatever the modern equivalent of trends that is the current 

~

• Like 4

Just now, XenoFish said:

Agreed. 

And hates a strong strong word. I don't use it lightly.

I hate homeopathy, anti-vaxers, pedophiles, murders, rapists and them bloody English.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, third_eye said:

YOu guys are barking up the wrong tree. Reiki is just a small part of TCM and Ayurveda, nothing at all to do with medicine or even 'healing'

Its like aerobics or pilates or whatever the modern equivalent of trends that is the current 

~

The priest dude seems to be specifically targeting idiots who think Reiki is a healing art!

The priest dude seems to be specifically targeting idiots who think Reiki is a healing art!

That priestly dude is just thrown into the news for the wrong reasons, he is dealing with just the superficial in the only way his shallow knowledge of Reiki allows as best as he knows how, or maybe as sensationalized as he needs it to be

~

• Thanks 1