Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Beware of Reiki.!

danydandan

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

That priestly dude is just thrown into the news for the wrong reasons, he is dealing with just the superficial in the only way his shallow knowledge of Reiki allows as best as he knows how, or maybe as sensationalized as he needs it to be

~

True.

But it does seem like alot of people are misrepresenting Reiki and have fashioned an alternative medicine/healing market.

My point is that it's quakery vs quakery or quacksalver vs quacksalver. Just thought it was an interesting look on things. As you rarely see this kind of argument so to speak in the alternative medicine field.

• Thanks 1

Just now, danydandan said:

But it does seem like alot of people are misrepresenting Reiki and have fashioned an alternative medicine/healing market.

THat's where the big money is most abundant

~

Just now, danydandan said:

My point is that it's quakery vs quakery or quacksalver vs quacksalver. Just thought it was an interesting look on things. As you rarely see this kind of argument so to speak in the alternative medicine field.

THe problem with this pot is that Reiki is not related to medicine or anything medicinal

:yes:

~

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, third_eye said:

THe problem with this pot is that Reiki is not related to medicine or anything medicinal

:yes:

Try telling that to the proponents of the alternative healing field.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Try telling that to the proponents of the alternative healing field.

THat's your job, no ... that's your duty ... :lol:

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

THat's your job, no ... that's your duty ... :lol:

~

Aw man, I have enough crap to deal with!

Fairness it should be everyone's duty.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I studied it and even got my attunements and it was taught ONLY as a healing method to me. 

Never saw it do anything, frankly, so I moved on. It is one of those things on a long list of things that are empty, IME.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I studied it and even got my attunements and it was taught ONLY as a healing method to me. 

Never saw it do anything, frankly, so I moved on. It is one of those things on a long list of things that are empty, IME.

I suppose it works, at what it was initially intended for. Stress relive and getting people ready for jiggy action.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

I suppose it works, at what it was initially intended for. Stress relive and getting people ready for jiggy action.

Wouldn't know, it was not taught for that to me nor used that way. Tantric massage would be a lot more effective for that, I'd think. But, anyway, just confirming that in the West it is not taught for anything but healing anywhere I ran into it. Cannot say I saw it work except to the degree for once I have to agree with Xeno and say it was perhaps a placebo for some. I dropped it and moved on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Wouldn't know, it was not taught for that to me nor used that way. Tantric massage would be a lot more effective for that, I'd think. But, anyway, just confirming that in the West it is not taught for anything but healing anywhere I ran into it. Cannot say I saw it work except to the degree for once I have to agree with Xeno and say it was perhaps a placebo for some. I dropped it and moved on.

That's interesting. Did they explore or explain the history of it?

Or did you research it prior to doing it? Also what was your motivation for learning it?

Edit: I might add that if someone, of the opposite sex preferably, touches my parts required for jigging then regardless of what technique they use I'll attest to it working. As long as it's not too rough.

Edited by danydandan
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

If there was actual something to energy healing besides a placebo effect I'd tell all of you. 

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

his shallow knowledge 

Like the western version of Feng shui , Shamanism and Buddhism. 

@XenoFish  Reiki is fun when you have 3 Swan princesses from the Philadelphia Ballet in the sack. :yes:

• Haha 3

That's interesting. Did they explore or explain the history of it?

Or did you research it prior to doing it? Also what was your motivation for learning it?

It was a large fad at the time, trying to think what year it was.... maybe early 2000's, 2002 perhaps? In my circles anyway and I was offered the attunements from a dear friend who I still am very close to. It was taught as being a healing method using energy passed down from Japan. Never any mention about sexual applications at all. I never heard that until third eye said it here. I don't think she uses it anymore either. We have not talked about it in years. She was a sister in Vodou and no money was charged, so why not?

I have always been open to exploring and this was one of many things I have actually done and worked with to come to my conclusions on. I would say, in hindsight, it is as effective as a good old massage in hands on applications and the distance stuff is very dubious. I especially LOL'd even then at the notion that some Master, for the right amount of cash paid, could attune you from Detroit or wherever he or she was. Hogwash. Mine were hands on. Still, didn't amount to anything real and measurable. I did a lot of work then for people, and was sincere and the claim that it could help and heal even at distance was the appeal. 

The notion of needing to be exorcised of it though is really strange to me. Just toss your focus images in the trash and move on. Not everything is demonic, some is just empty. IME this is one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, danydandan said:

then regardless of what technique

Ahhhh this is where the logic sequence fails for me. Technique matters not only very much from my own personal experience but is also of the utmost priority above and beyond merely just the jiggyness

Holistic is maybe closest word i can manage to get to what I am getting at ... I can't find the words that won't alert and alarm the Mods :yes:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Ahhhh this is where the logic sequence fails for me. Technique matters not only very much from my own personal experience but is also of the utmost priority above and beyond merely just the jiggyness

Holistic is maybe closest word i can manage to get to what I am getting at ... I can't find the words that won't alert and alarm the Mods :yes:

Haha, see there is a reason why us Irish multiply so God damn fast and had, have such large families.

• Haha 3

Haha, see there is a reason why us Irish multiply so God damn fast and had, have such large families.

Bear in mind that you are addressing a 53 year old fella of Chinese descent

:D

~

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

~

Tiger balm will help with that.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, danydandan said:

I  them bloody English.

If Harry II was still alive my cousins would be lookin at your left leg on the Wall of York boyo! :o

14 minutes ago, third_eye said:

53 in Asian years or Gaijin ones? :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

If Harry II was still alive my cousins would be lookin at your left leg on the Wall of York boyo! :o

Told you already. He was lucky I wasn't around when he was.

Told you already. He was lucky I wasn't around when he was.

You'd never outrun Eddy Longshanks though! <_<

You know we had the mods hovering around our banter for a bit until they realized we were following each other. :lol:  

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

You'd never outrun Eddy Longshanks though! <_<

You know we had the mods hovering around our banter for a bit until they realized we were following each other. :lol:  

I would not need to!

Probably, fingers poised over the "thread closed for moderator review" button.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

So what's this thread supposed to be about again? Erotic massages or the pseudo science of energy healing? 

It's about a Gaijin jackass turning one into another. :yes:

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

So what's this thread supposed to be about again? Erotic massages or the pseudo science of energy healing? 

It's actually about, the contradiction of a Catholic priest telling a proponent of pseudo-science of energy healing what's what.

Kinda equivalent to a chiropractor telling an acupuncturist how to do stuff. Both fields are useless.

Edited by danydandan
  • Thanks 1