Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Beware of Reiki.!

danydandan

Just now, danydandan said:

It's actually about, the contradiction of a Catholic priest telling a proponent of pseudo-science of energy what's what.

So b.s. vs b.s.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

So b.s. vs b.s.

That had to be messy.....

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Piney said:

That had to be messy.....

TGOC. Type of messy.

Okay, I've asked the great oracles of the world, google and wikipedia, about this, and they say it's just weird japanese magic Star Wars Trek healing.
No demons or erosexy-stuff innit. Funny enough the inventor of this brain bug died from a stroke. Guess he forgot to heal himself :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Okay, I've asked the great oracles of the world, google and wikipedia, about this, and they say it's just weird japanese magic Star Wars Trek healing.
No demons or erosexy-stuff innit. Funny enough the inventor of this brain bug died from a stroke. Guess he forgot to heal himself :rolleyes:

Download Kanji fonts and google it in NihonGo. :yes:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

You sure you've exhausted the information gods? 

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Reiki

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Piney said:

53 in Asian years or Gaijin ones? :rolleyes:

When speaking to a Gaijin never talk like a Gailjin :yes:

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Gesundheit

Thank you! 

• Haha 2

@danydandan, one of me exes mums conducted/practiced/dappled in/sorceressed with/(insert preferred term here) reiki.

She did offer her services free of charge, I chose to politely decline. 

Her father was a chiropractor, he did the same, and I also politely declined. 

All of their 4 (or 3 of 4) siblings were also studying/practicing chiropractors (including the ex).

I was young, myself and that family were just not destined to be. Don’t hold it against me! :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, danydandan said:

Edit: I might add that if someone, of the opposite sex preferably, touches my parts required for jigging then regardless of what technique they use I'll attest to it working. As long as it's not too rough.

I get the joke and smiled, Dan, but this is a gravely solemn issue to me. I have worked with a lot of wounded people harmed this way.

Not my thing at all. Never needed instruction on sexuality and never ever worked with people who would have taught things from an angle that ordinary. I worked for clients back then who trusted me with their lives in some cases and you NEVER ever ever blur lines between the service and sexuality, period, end of discussion. That is a main problem today with the cult leaders and fakers out there. They think there is something special about their own bits and pieces and hurt a lot of people that way. 

First thing for someone to learn about success in life is "No". This is triply true when your work is in a spiritual related field. It becomes quantumly truer if you wear the mantle of clergy of any kind. I think that hell may be so hot it's cold.  I do not want to ever know.

• Thanks 2

On 11/10/2018 at 12:53 PM, kartikg said:

If any body still does not know, it can be given over telephone also, for small fee

How the hell does that work?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, danydandan said:

How the hell does that work?

The receiver calls the reki master or practioner and describes his pain, how long he is suffering and other details then the reki person concentrate on the pain area and sometimes he ask the receiver to place his hands in certain ways or signs and the consultation goes on. I have not seen in action but I have spoken to 2 3 people who have received and one or two people who gave the reki session, they said they saw reduction in pain. I personally know a friend who got initiated by a reki master for a very small fee a few years ago, he told he felt sensations flowing through his body, there is a principle in reki that one has to be initiated by the master and an fee as to be charged for the consultation. The more you practice the better you get that's the claim. 

Just now, Timothy said:

@XenoFish, yep. Whatever works for whoever needs it!

Back in my occult days I was really into energy healing. You can get rid of a lot of muscle pain and headaches with it. It's a placebo that triggers the release of endorphins. If people want to use it in conjunction with legit treatment, whatever. If it helps who cares.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Timothy said:

@XenoFish, yep. Whatever works for whoever needs it!

I don't know, you have to be sure it works first..... don't you? I mean actively works, not a placebo. I understand that a placebo can release certain chemical responses that help with pain. I also understand that massage and the likes probably induce blood flow which might also have some effect. But for some reason people are believing this stuff works at a distance. That dangerous!

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

I don't know, you have to be sure it works first..... don't you? I mean actively works, not a placebo. I understand that a placebo can release certain chemical responses that help with pain. I also understand that massage and the likes probably induce blood flow which might also have some effect. But for some reason people are believing this stuff works at a distance. That dangerous!

I do not believe that it actively works at all, what they claim anyway. 

Yeah, I’m solely talking about the placebo effect. Someone who believes reiki works may see benefit through the placebo effect. But not through reiki itself. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Timothy said:

I do not believe that it actively works at all, what they claim anyway. 

Yeah, I’m solely talking about the placebo effect. Someone who believes reiki works may see benefit through the placebo effect. But not through reiki itself. 

Agreed. Thus, unfortunately, by that logic all crap works to a certain extent, which is sad.

One of the most common demonstration is that finger focused on the spot near the forehead between the eyes, eyes though shut will feel a tingle. With a bit of practice, the rest of the body will also feel similar sensations. As to what heals or is cured, meh ...

~

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

One of the most common demonstration is that finger focused on the spot near the forehead between the eyes, eyes though shut will feel a tingle. With a bit of practice, the rest of the body will also feel similar sensations. As to what heals or is cured, meh ...

~

Psychosomatic expectation.

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Psychosomatic expectation.

Pretty much, and the fun is much much more ... :yes:

~

• Like 1

Reiki inspired entertaiment ...

~

[00.19:49]

~

[00.03:38]