Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Preparing to Run?

Dark_Grey

Everyone's favorite actor recently shared a meal with some very powerful and influential people.

Business Insider

Saudi Arabia's crown prince, Mohammad bin Salman, is currently visiting Los Angeles on his last leg of his grand US tour, and just received praise from one of the Hollywood's most important residents — Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

The actor attended a private dinner with the crown prince this week at media mogul Rupert Murdoch's house. Others in attendance included Disney CEO Bob Iger, Morgan Freeman, James Cameron, and Universal film chairman Jeff Shell.

Afterwards, "the Rock" publicly praised the Saudi Prince

"An historic night it was. A pleasure to have a private dinner with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman, his royal family and distinguished cadre. Fascinating experience to hear his deep rooted, yet modern views on the world and certainly the positive growth he desires for his country. As always, I asked a lot of questions. Listened and learned. Thank you everyone for a great night. Luckily, I brought my own tequila"

There are few reasons to cozy up to the Saudis and all of them are political. I think the establishment is getting ready to re-brand and push this superstar up to the podium. Dwayne Johnson looks racially ambiguous, he's very charismatic and a lot of people hang off his every word. He ticks all the boxes. If you needed a front man to distract while the war machine keeps rolling, who better than this guy?

Spoiler

1678090-johnson-yahoo-edit-1522913603-37

He's always identified as a Republican, btw. Not that it matters..

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Thanks 1

What office do you think he'd be running for?  Surely you don't mean for president?  The man might make a good Representative in the House but unless he has SOME kind of leadership experience it would be insane to allow him into the Oval Office.  Hell, even Oprah, who I detest, would be a more rational choice.  She has at least run a business empire.  Don't get me wrong, I love the guy's personality and most of the movies I've seen him in but I'd shudder at the idea of him having access to determining national policy or controlling our nukes.  

Well, he seems really intelligent and doesn't follow any idiotic Hollywood fad.

Better him than Booker and Warren. :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, and then said:

What office do you think he'd be running for?  Surely you don't mean for president?  The man might make a good Representative in the House but unless he has SOME kind of leadership experience it would be insane to allow him into the Oval Office.  Hell, even Oprah, who I detest, would be a more rational choice.  She has at least run a business empire.  Don't get me wrong, I love the guy's personality and most of the movies I've seen him in but I'd shudder at the idea of him having access to determining national policy or controlling our nukes.  

Yes, I do mean President. The idea has been floated before, by Mr. Rock himself and by the giddy MSM who are desperate for anyone to replace Trump. The most common rebuttals to your comment will be "Reagan was President and he was an actor"
"Donald Trump had no political experience"
"If Trump can do it any one can do it"

I never said that I personally think he would be a good POTUS, just that there is a strong possibility he will be pushed to run. Never underestimate the power of a "revenge vote" - millions would gladly vote for him simply based on his public appeal. The West is in a steep cultural decline and a popular actor taking Office is just par for the course. No offense to the Rock, but he's the perfect talking head. I bet he delivers a better speech than even Obama.

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

He will be compromised on day one like every other President except Trump. He will submit to the established forces or face endless character assassination in the media...

In other words, he won't get anything done but distract from "business as usual" which is all they require from a President.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

In other words, he won't get anything done but distract from "business as usual" which is all they require from a President.

Like Ford. :lol:

• Like 2

Give him any seat belonging to a Californian and the country will be better off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why not get the whole WWE roster on the Electoral Ballot ?

~

Anyhooo ... Dwayne will win because Dwayne is adorable

~

[00.02:49]

~

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Piney said:

Well, I guess I'd have to agree with that.  At least he'd be sane.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

Hide contents

He's always identified as a Republican, btw. Not that it matters..

Pretty sure he left the GOP sometime ago and in an interview last year said he was an independent. He's always been more of a moderate. No room for them in the gop anymore.

• Thanks 1

He couldn't stomach being in the DNC either. Those of us who refused to be labeled and stereotyped left both of those groups years ago. He still needs to get used to the fact other people will still try to cram him into whatever group they have it in for if he doesn't agree with them on anything and everything. lol

• Thanks 1

Beginning with Trump, maybe all our future Presidents will be celebrities. 

2 minutes ago, StarMountainKid said:

Beginning with Trump, maybe all our future Presidents will be celebrities. 

I believe that started with Reagan.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I believe that started with Reagan.

The cheering mobs wherever JFK went suggests it happened earlier than that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The cheering mobs wherever JFK went suggests it happened earlier than that.

You are quite right. But, that was before my time. With Camelot the Kennedy's were everyone's fantasy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Piney said:

Yeah..I would vote for him..He can't do any worse than what we have now....

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Yeah..I would vote for him..He can't do any worse than what we have now....

Another closet Republican as they say...:ph34r:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Or a Southern rural Democrat like I was. :yes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

Sorry...A leopard cannot change its spots.

Im not in love with the idea but as far as celebrity presidents go at least we could say this guy has worked for something in his life and has something resembling an understanding of what average Americans are dealing with.

23 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Pretty sure he left the GOP sometime ago and in an interview last year said he was an independent. He's always been more of a moderate. No room for them in the gop anymore.

It's be great if he ran as an independent.   It's be the start to a real three party system.   I think he would win pretty handily too.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

It's be great if he ran as an independent.   It's be the start to a real three party system.   I think he would win pretty handily too.  

A move toward a viable 3rd party would be great 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Im not in love with the idea but as far as celebrity presidents go at least we could say this guy has worked for something in his life and has something resembling an understanding of what average Americans are dealing with.

"As far as celebrities go", I agree with you. You could do a lot worse than "the Rock" as a celebrity President. 
As Commander in Chief? He's as qualified as I am. My whole stance on Mr. Rock as POTUS has nothing to do with what he's capable of, I'm just looking at cards on the table and trying to predict what's coming. Dwayne Johnson is a great puppet to put on TV and tell every one how great the country is doing. He doesn't know anything about the blood thirsty nature of politics, he has 0 ties in Washington (but he's trying lately,) and he seems like he won't raise a stink. The establishment wants business as usual, not a hell-raiser like Trump sticking his nose in to every department. Therefore, I think they should get the Rock on the campaign trail if they are smart. Assuming he is going to run for one of the two major parties, of course.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Myles said:

29 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

A move toward a viable 3rd party would be great 

If he ran as an independent, he would easily garner enough votes to finally, FINALLY break the 3rd party glass ceiling. We would have no choice but to take independents seriously if he pulled it off. So while he probably wouldn't be a great President, he could still go down in history as the one who put independents on the map. That could change everything.

1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

If he ran as an independent, he would easily garner enough votes to finally, FINALLY break the 3rd party glass ceiling. We would have no choice but to take independents seriously if he pulled it off. So while he probably wouldn't be a great President, he could still go down in history as the one who put independents on the map. That could change everything.

The last election shows that we  can live with someone who is not a great president.

• Like 1