Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Preparing to Run?

Dark_Grey

6 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

The last election shows that we  can live with someone who is not a great president.

That's what makes Dwayne Johnson's potential win even more likely. Whatever your feelings on Trump, no one can deny he severely lowered the bar for maturity and personality in Office. If the Rock ran after Obama, I'd give him a 20 - 30% chance. Running after Trump? Easily 60 - 75% of winning, IMO

• Like 1

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

That's what makes Dwayne Johnson's potential win even more likely. Whatever your feelings on Trump, no one can deny he severely lowered the bar for maturity and personality in Office. If the Rock ran after Obama, I'd give him a 20 - 30% chance. Running after Trump? Easily 60 - 75% of winning, IMO

I completely agree.

• Like 1

I try to defend my country from snarky comments but it doesn't help when our politicians often have silly resumes which includes 'fought the Predator.'

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, internetperson said:

I try to defend my country from snarky comments but it doesn't help when our politicians often have silly resumes which includes 'fought the Predator.'

That is the single best qualification to have. Do you know how difficult it is to take out a Predator when you're going up against one for the first time?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

The last election shows that we  can live with someone who is not a great president.

Coming back to your point, I think the last election has also shown that the rules and regulations put in place to limit the President all work exactly as intended. I know Obama and other Presidents have used Executive Orders and other workarounds to increase their power but at the end of the day, Trump is forced to move through the same chest-high legal waters as his predecessors. If anything, it should make every one aware that the President is not a God. He's not an Emperor or a dictator because he can't be. At least not in America.

Edit to add--

Be careful who you elect but also remember that to some extent, it doesn't really matter. It may as well be the Rock.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Coming back to your point, I think the last election has also shown that the rules and regulations put in place to limit the President all work exactly as intended. I know Obama and other Presidents have used Executive Orders and other workarounds to increase their power but at the end of the day, Trump is forced to move through the same chest-high legal waters as his predecessors. If anything, it should make every one aware that the President is not a God. He's not an Emperor or a dictator because he can't be. At least not in America.

I half agree with this. Its true but in watching the GOP in congress act so subserviently for the POTUS i think he has also shown us how vulnerable our checks and balances really are.  That's not a Trump problem per se they have just done the most in recent history to highlight the issue IMO

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, internetperson said:

Did I miss a movie?    

1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

That is the single best qualification to have. Do you know how difficult it is to take out a Predator when you're going up against one for the first time?

Very true. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Did I miss a movie?    

Politicians.... therefore he’s referring to both Arnie and Jesse Ventura.

• Like 2

Has the world turned upside down? People are actually seriously debating whether other celebrities with zero political experience would be a good fit for the most important political position in your country? 

You guys have hairdressers fixing your cars? Seamstresses doing open heart surgery? Linguists writing computer code?

I know this is a radical idea, but maybe - just maybe - the best person for the Presidency is someone who has spent a lifetime in politics? Or at least a term? Someone who knows the machinations and who's administration wouldn't be run like the Bangkok Hilton?

And for those who claim that running a business is experience for being the ranking politician: that's like claiming your butcher could make you new shoes because both professions work with cows.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Has the world turned upside down? People are actually seriously debating whether other celebrities with zero political experience would be a good fit for the most important political position in your country? 

You guys have hairdressers fixing your cars? Seamstresses doing open heart surgery? Linguists writing computer code?

I know this is a radical idea, but maybe - just maybe - the best person for the Presidency is someone who has spent a lifetime in politics? Or at least a term? Someone who knows the machinations and who's administration wouldn't be run like the Bangkok Hilton?

And for those who claim that running a business is experience for being the ranking politician: that's like claiming your butcher could make you new shoes because both professions work with cows.

Career politicians are crooks with very few exceptions.  

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

I still rather have a crooked accountant doing my books than a not crooked bricklayer. 

I'd still rather have Saul Goodman represent me over Gordon Ramsey.

If your massage therapist is doing a bad job you hire a new one. You don't replace them with a carpet fitter.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I still rather have a crooked accountant doing my books than a not crooked bricklayer. 

I'd still rather have Saul Goodman represent me over Gordon Ramsey.

If your massage therapist is doing a bad job you hire a new one. You don't replace them with a carpet fitter.

I disagree.  

No one has experience being the president.  

9 hours ago, Myles said:

So are CEOs.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

So are CEOs.

I don't doubt that.   Probably not to the extent that politicians are though.   I despise the 2 party system we currently have, so I like to see non career politicians get in there.  

• Like 1