Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Existence of Animal Ghosts

animalsaroundus63

HI everyone,

I am interested in ghosts of animals and wanted to see what people here have seen or know about their existence. Have you ever had an experience with an animal ghost? What might cause their presence vs. that of a human?

I have also talked to others and reports of ghosts of past pets in and around their houses seems common, but few mention ever seeing ghosts of wild animals. Have you had any experience with wild animal ghosts? Why might they not manifest as ghosts when animals we are familiar with do?

- Phil

• Like 2

I think animals that have associated with humans develop a higher state of love and attachment. Some of the more advanced examples will even ‘individualize’ from their group species soul and reincarnate as a human in their next life.

Positive contact with humans can raise the animal’s spirtial level to a higher state than in their natural/wild environment. Hence ghosts of animals more associated with humans have a stronger attraction to humans even after death.

can there be ant ghosts

billions of ant ghosts, crawling all over us at all times, waking or sleeping, and we never know it?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

can there be ant ghosts

billions of ant ghosts, crawling all over us at all times, waking or sleeping, and we never know it?

they don't have a high enough vibration in their astral forms to cross dimesional barriers, even when using psionically charged crystalsleft by the annunaki 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

they don't have a high enough vibration in their astral forms to cross dimesional barriers, even when using psionically charged crystalsleft by the annunaki 

but the unified mind of the colony itself has the power, both living and dead. they die and are reborn with the seasons, and have done so for over 100 million years.

that's right, ghost hive minds are real, and there are more of them than any humans that have ever lived

• Like 3

How can an alleged ghost be called the "existence"? 

Alleged ghosts are not alive, they do not "exist". You could call it a presence, but not an existence.

Anyway, there is no proof of any ghosts, animals or humans, it is purely a belief. But at times of grief people can believe they have seen or heard their dearly departed loved one, the grief, the mindset, the dealing with the loss, the need of closure and the comfort can all play its part and if it helps someone then it can not all that bad.

But are there actually ghosts, IMO no, i do not believe in an after life, so for me, i will never see alleged ghosts. I do have memories and when my father past away i heard his voice, but it was not him as he no longer "existed", it was the memory i have and which he had given me when he was alive, that is something which i can carry til the day i die, the memory is there and unlike alleged ghosts..is a fact.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I think animals that have associated with humans develop a higher state of love and attachment. Some of the more advanced examples will even ‘individualize’ from their group species soul and reincarnate as a human in their next life.

Positive contact with humans can raise the animal’s spirtial level to a higher state than in their natural/wild environment. Hence ghosts of animals more associated with humans have a stronger attraction to humans even after death.

Prove it.

• Thanks 1

If animal ghosts are real, then where are the ghosts of the trillions of extinct animal species that have existed?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Carnoferox said:

If animal ghosts are real, then where are the ghosts of the trillions of extinct animal species that have existed?

they haven't developed a "higher state of love and attachment" like papageorge says.

That, or, you know, ghosts aren't real.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

The same place as the trillions of humans who have existed ......  in the ground, they have not turned into ghosts, over time they turn into dust.

20 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Prove it.

That’s your only comment???? 

Notice I never said anything is proveable. My ‘position’ is what I gave. My position is influenced by wisdom traditions and the many I genuinely think have insights beyond just the physical.

25 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Even ghosts have a limited lifespan and return to their source.

58 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Even ghosts have a limited lifespan and return to their source.

Their source being?....alleged ghosts only come from one source, that would be from a once living being, so do you mean they go back to that once living being, who is no longer living and highly likely to have decomposed? 

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

That’s your only comment???? 

Notice I never said anything is proveable. My ‘position’ is what I gave. My position is influenced by wisdom traditions and the many I genuinely think have insights beyond just the physical.

I have already said what i think in my earlier post, my only question to you is...prove it, nothing else to add, it is a pretty simple question.

There has never been proof of ghosts, there has been belief in them, there have been people who have had 'experiences', like i have and i have explained why i had that experirnce and i believe this is what many others have. 

Today we have the paranormal guys and ghost hunters with all their mod con gadgets and they can not produce proof that those who thought they had an insight were right.

One question:

Explain wisdom traditions please in relation to ghosts.....without mentioning religion?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Their source being?....alleged ghosts only come from one source, that would be from a once living being, so do you mean they go back to that once living being, who is no longer living and highly likely to have decomposed? 

No, that is not what I meant. Living people and animals have interpenetrating physical and astral bodies. At physical death, the physical decays back to its simpler elemental form. The astral form will exist for a time longer before astral death returning back to its astral elements. From there the consciousness focus returns to the causal/soul plane. 

A ghost is then an astral form more earthbound than most and may attempt materializing or semi-materializing to attempt to still interact with the physical plane. The latter is more likely to happen with humans and animals with more earthbound attachments.

Converted over and understood once a for all, Ms. Roamer???^_^

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

No, that is not what I meant. Living people and animals have interpenetrating physical and astral bodies. At physical death, the physical decays back to its simpler elemental form. The astral form will exist for a time longer before astral death returning back to its astral elements. From there the consciousness focus returns to the causal/soul plane. 

A ghost is then an astral form more earthbound than most and may attempt materializing or semi-materializing to attempt to still interact with the physical plane. The latter is more likely to happen with humans and animals with more earthbound attachments.

Do you plot the stuff out or do you just make it up as you go?

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I have already said what i think in my earlier post, my only question to you is...prove it, 

...sigh….need I repeat myself till I've fallen mad

35 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Explain wisdom traditions please in relation to ghosts.....without mentioning religion?

A wisdom tradition is a collection of knowledge grown together over a period of time on a particular subject. Vedic (Hindu) and western esoteric schools for example have wisdom traditions in which ghosts are just part and parcel of a grander understanding of reality that includes more than the physical.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

A wisdom tradition is a collection of knowledge grown together over a period of time on a particular subject. Vedic (Hindu) and western esoteric schools for example have wisdom traditions in which ghosts are just part and parcel of a grander understanding of reality that includes more than the physical.

@Piney Your assistance is require. Clean up on aisle 8. 

3 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I think it's a chapter in the magical thinkers handbook.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Developed my understanding through consideration of the human experiences and the teachings and observations of others more gifted than myself in understanding these things.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Developed my understanding through consideration of the human experiences and the teachings and observations of others more gifted than myself in understanding these things.

Just say "I make it up."

Takes less time 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, animalsaroundus63 said:

HI everyone,

I am interested in ghosts of animals and wanted to see what people here have seen or know about their existence. Have you ever had an experience with an animal ghost? What might cause their presence vs. that of a human?

I have also talked to others and reports of ghosts of past pets in and around their houses seems common, but few mention ever seeing ghosts of wild animals. Have you had any experience with wild animal ghosts? Why might they not manifest as ghosts when animals we are familiar with do?

- Phil

To answer your question you need to know how emotionally attached to your pet you were. Sometimes this will unconsciously create a phantom cat or dog, a shadow pet of sorts. It's a trick to the mind when this happens. As for other animals, that would be a lot of ghost and considering there is no valid evidence of ghost, I'll go with them being a product of my own tired mind.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Just say "I make it up."

Takes less time 

If that's all you want to hear, I can't oblige. 

Edited by papageorge1

11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

ParaG, get back inside right now, you have been watching that for too long

crap-happens-main.jpg

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

To answer your question you need to know how emotionally attached to your pet you were. Sometimes with will unconsciously create a phantom cat or dog, a shadow pet of sorts. It's a trick to the mind when this happens. As for other animals, that would be a lot of ghost and considering there is no valid evidence of ghost, I'll go with them being a product of my own tired mind.

From a skeptics view, this phantom animal we see, do you think reports of cats and dogs are more common because that is what people are familiar with? Thus, more likely for the brain to create an experience involving versus random animals in the woods which we would be less likely to think about or recollect?

13 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Okay let me clear up what the most experience paranormal occultist on the forum who's done his fair share of ghost hunting and demons summoning meant. (yes that is a big dose of sarcasm).

We have the external objective world of the material that surrounds us all. Walk into a wall, it's real. Then we have the immaterial, that of the mind and imagination. The supposed "astral plane" is where spirits exist. However it's immaterial, it's in our heads. We imagine them. Sometimes this "bleeds over" through auditory, tactile, and visual hallucination. Which is why we have a lot of sleep paralysis, hypnogogic and hypnapompic post on the forum. Plus the midnight ghost threads as well.