Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Africa's youngest billionaire kidnapped

Eldorado

Africa’s youngest billionaire, Tanzanian tycoon Mohammed Dewji has been kidnapped in Dar es Salaam, the country’s capital city.

According to the Kenyan publication Daily Nation, the 43-year-old mogul was walking into the Colosseum Hotel and Fitness Club in Oyster Bay, Dar es Salaam for his routine gym session during the early hours of Thursday morning when two white men and an unknown number of accomplices in two cars waylaid him and quickly drove away.

Full article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2018/10/11/africas-youngest-billionaire-mohammed-dewji-kidnapped-in-tanzania/#35a7aa994936

• Like 2

I just got his email. He'll cut me into his fortune if I wire the kidnappers money.

Edited by The Caspian Hare
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Africa’s youngest billionaire, Tanzanian tycoon Mohammed Dewji has been kidnapped in Dar es Salaam, the country’s capital city.

Well kidnaping is common there...

when two white men and an unknown number of accomplices in two cars waylaid him and quickly drove away.

That makes it seem more shady. That seems political

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Caspian Hare said:

I just got his email. He'll cut me into his fortune I wire the kidnappers money.

...you got that too? It was a cry for help!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

...you got that too? It was a cry for help!

I can feel no sympathy. Just a tasteless joke I can't post forming in my brain. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Update: He's been freed.

Young billionaire freed after being kidnapped by masked men at gunpoint

Simon Sirro, the inspector general of police, said the kidnappers had demanded a ransom, but did not say what it was or whether it was paid.

https://news.sky.com/story/young-billionaire-freed-after-being-kidnapped-by-masked-men-at-gunpoint-11530249

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1