Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Abortion is like "hiring a hitman" says Pope

Eldorado

In his general audience Wednesday, Pope Francis said that abortion “suppresses innocent and helpless life in its blossoming.”

“Is it right to take a human life to solve a problem? It's like hiring a hitman,” Pope Francis said in St. Peter’s Square Oct. 10, in a departure from his prepared remarks.

“Violence and the rejection of life are born from fear,” the pope added.

Full article: https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-francis-abortion-is-like-hiring-a-hitman-89828

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Does anyone even listen to the Pope anymore?

• Like 6

Well, if he is 'God's representative on Earth', that doesn't say much for God's powers of character assessment, does it? Never mind not listening to the Pope anymore, does anyone truly believe in the God of the Catholic church anymore?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just some statistics...Russia has abortion on demand...but only to the 12th week.

Since 1973 over 60 million abortions have been performed in the USA.

On average, 15% of Americans, both male and female join the military.

15% of 60 million = 9 million.

In all of the wars fought since the beginning of the USA...there have been over 1 million casualties.

Because of Roe vs Wade...over 9 million American Military Personnel have been killed.

Think about it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Well, if he is 'God's representative on Earth', that doesn't say much for God's powers of character assessment, does it? Never mind not listening to the Pope anymore, does anyone truly believe in the God of the Catholic church anymore?

The many Catholics here in the States......:unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, joc said:

Because of Roe vs Wade...over 9 million American Military Personnel have been killed.

Think about it.

So we should be upset because they died before they had to live a life of poverty and then die in a foreign land fighting wars of a dubious nature?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Point number one:  The Left has its roots in Moscow.

Point number two:  Abortion is the sacrament of the Left.

Point number three: Why would Moscow care if we have abortions?

Point number four:  When the math shows that it took out 9 million soldiers...I think that says a lot.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

For most of it's existence the Church was oblivious to abortion, leaving such matters of a woman's biology firmly and exclusively in the hands of the midwives. That change with the rise of modern medicine and the domination of male doctors who usurped the midwives' prerogatives.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I believe in free choice, but I would never have an abortion. If you do have an abortion, you as a mother, are murdering your own offspring. Which is your right by nature I suppose. I think the Pope is rather right, its like hiring a hitman. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Eldorado said:

In his general audience Wednesday, Pope Francis said that abortion “suppresses innocent and helpless life in its blossoming.”

Says the man that protects and condones pedophile priests. The pope must have a really tall chair because he ain't got a leg to stand on.

• Like 4

If abortion is used like a contraceptive pills I would say like the futile pope guy....  just because it's insane to use abortion for that. Maybe it's used for Darwinist purpose for stupid people who cannot think before the act?

But if it to prevent a deformed, terminal sick or a rapist child to be born.. I'm for it.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Does anyone even listen to the Pope anymore?

Only when he's telling them to cover up horrible crimes against children. Strange how he's against abortion but not all of the actual horrible things his cult is doing on a daily basis.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Robotic Jew said:

Strange how he's against abortion but not all of the actual horrible things his cult is doing on a daily basis.

Can't let the supply get cut off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Pope isn't wrong here. Going to a Doctor for an abortion is essentially hiring a contractor to kill the child. No different than when eating a burger, you simply paid someone else to do the killing to get the meat you wanted. What the Pope is saying here is if you are going to have an abortion, own it. Twisting words and terms to make the act sound more clinical doesn't take away from what is happening.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, joc said:

Just some statistics...Russia has abortion on demand...but only to the 12th week.

Since 1973 over 60 million abortions have been performed in the USA.

On average, 15% of Americans, both male and female join the military.

15% of 60 million = 9 million.

In all of the wars fought since the beginning of the USA...there have been over 1 million casualties.

Think about it.

Another statistic: minorities are by far the biggest users of abortion clinics. Look in to the history of Planned Parenthood and it's roots in racism and black genocide. Somehow they managed to convince poor black people that this is in their best interests.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rinna said:

I believe in free choice, but I would never have an abortion. If you do have an abortion, you as a mother, are murdering your own offspring. Which is your right by nature I suppose. I think the Pope is rather right, its like hiring a hitman. 

Are you speaking from experience? I can't have children and I would personally never have an abortion if I was ever lucky enough to become pregnant. But I also would never judge anyone in a situation I don't have personal knowledge of. If you don't know their circumstances, how can you call them a murderer? I sincerely hope no one ever judges you on your life circumstances or choices that they have no personal knowledge or experience of

• Like 9

On 10/11/2018 at 5:36 PM, Eldorado said:

“Is it right to take a human life to solve a problem? It's like hiring a hitman,” Pope Francis said in St. Peter’s Square Oct. 10, in a departure from his prepared remarks.

“Violence and the rejection of life are born from fear,” the pope added.

Full article: https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-francis-abortion-is-like-hiring-a-hitman-89828

Well his authority doesn't exceed  his religion so maybe Catholic women should hold their birth control pills between their knees instead of swallowing  them.:lol:

jmccr8 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Another statistic: minorities are by far the biggest users of abortion clinics. Look in to the history of Planned Parenthood and it's roots in racism and black genocide. Somehow they managed to convince poor black people that this is in their best interests.

So? And Jefferson kept slaves but I notice people don't seem to care too much about that when they talk about how wonderful the Founding Fathers are.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jenn8779 said:

Are you speaking from experience? I can't have children and I would personally never have an abortion if I was ever lucky enough to become pregnant. But I also would never judge anyone in a situation I don't have personal knowledge of. If you don't know their circumstances, how can you call them a murderer? I sincerely hope no one ever judges you on your life circumstances or choices that they have no personal knowledge or experience of

As I said, I want to be legal, and I respect it's their choice, but is a death, it's killing. I understand feelings may be hurt by feeling "judged", but facts don't care about feelings. I am judged all the time, for having the stance I do. But, when a pregnant woman is murdered, they consider it a double homicide. Because its murder. This isn't meant to be a debate on abortion, it's about the popes comments. And he's right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked