Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Abortion is like "hiring a hitman" says Pope

Eldorado

If you ask yourself what Jesus would do...Jesus would put others before himself. 

So for a true Christian who wants to follow the example of Jesus, there is only one choice. 

That applies to abortion for convenience. 

It gets hazier when it's about the quality of life of the unborn. 

Whether the Pope has the right to say anything about it, well, he can...but the Vatican doesn't seem to have much of a corner on righteousness. 

I don't know how much weight he even holds over most Catholics anymore. 

Edited by GlitterRose
  • Like 3

On 10/12/2018 at 8:21 AM, joc said:

Think about it.

What does the Bible actually say about when human life begins?  I believe in  the Old Testament, a fetus is considered property, mot a human.

Exodus 21:22-25 describes a case where a pregnant woman jumps into a fight between her husband and another man and suffers injuries that cause her to miscarry. Injuries to the woman prompt the normal penalties for harming another human being: an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life. Killing the woman is murder, a capital crime.

The miscarriage is treated differently, however — as property loss, not murder. The assailant must pay a fine to the husband. The law of a life for a life does not apply. The fetus is important, but it’s not human life in the same way the pregnant woman is.

I think there is far from universal agreement on this point even among Christians.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 10/13/2018 at 8:49 AM, Hammerclaw said:

I think I'll recuse myself and leave matters of a woman's body to the fairer sex. Men don't give much thought to procreation in the act. Driven as they are by lust, they are often careless of their seed and where it may fall. The consequence's of a moment's pleasure is the furthest thing from their minds. A man can leave on the morrow and never be seen again, but the woman must deal with what he has wrought. 

It's easy to give reign to pompous knee-jerk moralizations about abortion--until you're faced with an unexpected and unwanted pregnancy yourself. Oh my! How we find our moral scruples  inconvenient, then. 

Hammer, man, you and I don't always agree but with this comment you and I have never been more in sync B)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Stay out of people's reproductive rights there Father Goose.

220px-FatherGooseHisBook.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/12/2018 at 8:21 AM, joc said:

Just some statistics...Russia has abortion on demand...but only to the 12th week.

Since 1973 over 60 million abortions have been performed in the USA.

On average, 15% of Americans, both male and female join the military.

15% of 60 million = 9 million.

In all of the wars fought since the beginning of the USA...there have been over 1 million casualties.

Because of Roe vs Wade...over 9 million American Military Personnel have been killed.

Think about it.

When a nation believes no child should be left behind, but aborts over tens of millions of babies, hypocrisy has set in.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2018 at 7:34 PM, Tatetopa said:

What does the Bible actually say about when human life begins?  I believe in  the Old Testament, a fetus is considered property, mot a human.

Exodus 21:22-25 describes a case where a pregnant woman jumps into a fight between her husband and another man and suffers injuries that cause her to miscarry. Injuries to the woman prompt the normal penalties for harming another human being: an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life. Killing the woman is murder, a capital crime.

The miscarriage is treated differently, however — as property loss, not murder. The assailant must pay a fine to the husband. The law of a life for a life does not apply. The fetus is important, but it’s not human life in the same way the pregnant woman is.

I think there is far from universal agreement on this point even among Christians.

"If men who are fighting hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows. But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise" (Exodus 21:22-25, NIV).

God values all life. Even the unborn.

"I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live" (Deuteronomy 30:19, KJV).

"Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, and the One who formed you from the womb, ‘I, the LORD, am the maker of all things, stretching out the heavens by Myself, and spreading out the earth all alone . . .'" (Isaiah 44:24, NASV).

"But now, O LORD, Thou art our Father, we are the clay, and Thou our potter; and all of us are the work of Thy hand" (Isaiah 64:8, NASV).

"For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works and that my soul knows well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed, and in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them" (Psalm 139:13-16, NKJV).

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,.." (Jeremiah 1:5, NIV).

"Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor shall children be put to death for their fathers; a person shall be put to death for his own sin" (Deuteronomy 24:16, NKJV).

"So the LORD said to him, 'Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the LORD?'" (Exodus 4:11, NKJV). "Yet, to shame the wise, God has chosen what the world counts folly, and to shame what is strong, God has chosen what the world counts weakness" (1 Corinthians 1:27, NIV).

"Behold, children are a gift of the LORD; the fruit of the womb is a reward" (Psalm 127:3, NASV).

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2018 at 10:49 AM, Hammerclaw said:

I think I'll recuse myself and leave matters of a woman's body to the fairer sex. Men don't give much thought to procreation in the act. Driven as they are by lust, they are often careless of their seed and where it may fall. The consequence's of a moment's pleasure is the furthest thing from their minds. A man can leave on the morrow and never be seen again, but the woman must deal with what he has wrought. 

It's easy to give reign to pompous knee-jerk moralizations about abortion--until you're faced with an unexpected and unwanted pregnancy yourself. Oh my! How we find our moral scruples  inconvenient, then. 

Looks like you hit a homerun! Still... Takes two to tango!

On 14/10/2018 at 2:49 AM, Hammerclaw said:

Maybe it’s a generational thing, or sexual education was lacking for you guys, but you’re definitely not speaking for me, or the majority of males I know. 

It was always the thing growing up that you’d have a condom in your wallet.

Ask if she is on contraception, always strap up if not. It’s not hard...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I respond to Pope Francis by saying, 'and sending one's child to catholic church is like... pedophile roulette.'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Its sad that America also support abortion, just like China that over comes the population. but the Islamic`s  beliefs do not believe in abortions that can over come over the whole world :( 

Edited by docyabut2

2 hours ago, Timothy said:

Maybe it’s a generational thing, or sexual education was lacking for you guys, but you’re definitely not speaking for me, or the majority of males I know. 

It was always the thing growing up that you’d have a condom in your wallet.

Ask if she is on contraception, always strap up if not. It’s not hard...

Did you give her chocolate and nylons, afterwards? 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Did you give her chocolate and nylons, afterwards? 

Only the special ones.

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...
On 13/10/2018 at 4:20 AM, Jon the frog said:

If abortion is used like a contraceptive pills I would say like the futile pope guy....  just because it's insane to use abortion for that. Maybe it's used for Darwinist purpose for stupid people who cannot think before the act?

But if it to prevent a deformed, terminal sick or a rapist child to be born.. I'm for it.

So no Jesse Jackson, etc...

http://tinseltownmom.com/10-celebrities-who-were-conceived-by-rape-or-bore-a-child-out-of-rape/

I am for free choice. Woman must decide do she want to abort or not. There is a lots of raped women there i dont think that she want child of some creep.. So Abortion i vote Yes

• Like 2

On 2018-10-12 at 10:30 AM, Rlyeh said:

Does anyone even listen to the Pope anymore?

Mostly some catholic padres who likes children...

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

It's still a choice... if she want to keep it, it's her choice but woman should have the choice to abort it too.

So, the outcome doesn't matter?

Funny how those who support choice neglect to mention all options.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm pretty much in full agreement with the social observations and leanings of Mr Carlin on this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok his opinion matters like everyone else, but PLEASE for the good of GOD. Don't he a hypocrite! You (Pope) talks all mighty about doing the right thing yet Catholic Church has been committing sin by DESTROYING children's life by sexual abuse.

As for another yes it is the women's body, BUT the baby is half the man's and they have right also. Women can not have a baby without the MAN. Yes I am female but I also know the baby is half the man's and he has rights also.

• Like 1

Just had to respond to all the ones who posted Bible quotes 

Kudo to you

Edited by Abilityperson

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:36 AM, Eldorado said:

In his general audience Wednesday, Pope Francis said that abortion “suppresses innocent and helpless life in its blossoming.”

“Is it right to take a human life to solve a problem? It's like hiring a hitman,” Pope Francis said in St. Peter’s Square Oct. 10, in a departure from his prepared remarks.

“Violence and the rejection of life are born from fear,” the pope added.

Full article: https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-francis-abortion-is-like-hiring-a-hitman-89828

Abortion is only right in cases of severe deformity.

The rest of the time it should be banned, and whats up with the mother simply giving it up for adoption if she doesnt want it? And least a potentially healthy child gets to life a life.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked