Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Abortion is like "hiring a hitman" says Pope

31 posts in this topic

Hammerclaw

I think I'll recuse myself and leave matters of a woman's body to the fairer sex. Men don't give much thought to procreation in the act. Driven as they are by lust, they are often careless of their seed and where it may fall. The consequence's of a moment's pleasure is the furthest thing from their minds. A man can leave on the morrow and never be seen again, but the woman must deal with what he has wrought. 

It's easy to give reign to pompous knee-jerk moralizations about abortion--until you're faced with an unexpected and unwanted pregnancy yourself. Oh my! How we find our moral scruples  inconvenient, then. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

GlitterRose

If you ask yourself what Jesus would do...Jesus would put others before himself. 

So for a true Christian who wants to follow the example of Jesus, there is only one choice. 

That applies to abortion for convenience. 

It gets hazier when it's about the quality of life of the unborn. 

Whether the Pope has the right to say anything about it, well, he can...but the Vatican doesn't seem to have much of a corner on righteousness. 

I don't know how much weight he even holds over most Catholics anymore. 

Edited by GlitterRose
  • Like 2

Daughter of the Nine Moons

The Pope needs to get his house in order before commenting on a woman's right to autonomy over her body and her reproductive rights.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hammerclaw
5 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

The Pope needs to get his house in order before commenting on a woman's right to autonomy over her body and her reproductive rights.

His house needs a woman's touch.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Tatetopa
On 10/12/2018 at 8:21 AM, joc said:

Think about it.

What does the Bible actually say about when human life begins?  I believe in  the Old Testament, a fetus is considered property, mot a human.

Exodus 21:22-25 describes a case where a pregnant woman jumps into a fight between her husband and another man and suffers injuries that cause her to miscarry. Injuries to the woman prompt the normal penalties for harming another human being: an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life. Killing the woman is murder, a capital crime.

The miscarriage is treated differently, however — as property loss, not murder. The assailant must pay a fine to the husband. The law of a life for a life does not apply. The fetus is important, but it’s not human life in the same way the pregnant woman is.

I think there is far from universal agreement on this point even among Christians.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Podo
On 10/13/2018 at 8:49 AM, Hammerclaw said:

I think I'll recuse myself and leave matters of a woman's body to the fairer sex. Men don't give much thought to procreation in the act. Driven as they are by lust, they are often careless of their seed and where it may fall. The consequence's of a moment's pleasure is the furthest thing from their minds. A man can leave on the morrow and never be seen again, but the woman must deal with what he has wrought. 

It's easy to give reign to pompous knee-jerk moralizations about abortion--until you're faced with an unexpected and unwanted pregnancy yourself. Oh my! How we find our moral scruples  inconvenient, then. 

Hammer, man, you and I don't always agree but with this comment you and I have never been more in sync B)

• Like 1