Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Abortion is like "hiring a hitman" says Pope

436 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

GlitterRose

Don't want any Catholic women using birth control or having abortions.

Where would the priests get all those kids they keep molesting?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

Don't want any Catholic women using birth control or having abortions.

Where would the priests get all those kids they keep molesting?

Oh no, you didn't!

 

:D

 

 

Edited by Jodie.Lynne
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
13 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

Don't want any Catholic women using birth control or having abortions.

Where would the priests get all those kids they keep molesting?

What is it about the Catholic Church?

Have you ever noticed all the murderers and serial killers are Catholics? Its their `shame based` education messing them up in the head with the evil nuns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
41 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Have you ever noticed all the murderers and serial killers are Catholics?

Not really.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Smoke aLot

I hope for a time when personal choice will be respected. In this case it is only up to woman to decide. Whatever choice they make it is hard, discussion and political involvement just makes it harder.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stubbly_Dooright

I forgot this thread started way back in the fall. 

Anyways, I kind of think it’s stretching it a bit, with the term the Pope used. I’m sorry if I’m putting it this way, but we’re talking about a medical procedure. Granted, there can be professional hit men, but if someone kills someone else their self, they still get the job done without harm (more than likely) to themselves. Trying to abort your pregnancy yourself, and there are risks involved, (which I believe would include dying from it) 

So, I think, it’s like apple and oranges with the term ‘like hiring a hitman’. 

 

On 4/2/2019 at 2:42 AM, quiXilver said:

I'm pretty much in full agreement with the social observations and leanings of Mr Carlin on this one.

 

OH man, I find his stuff not just hilariously funny, but right on the mark with it. :yes:  :lol:  I still remember his bit about the motorists and the stop lights. And his thing about ‘your stuff’ hits home for me. ;)  :P  

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stubbly_Dooright
20 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

Don't want any Catholic women using birth control or having abortions.

Where would the priests get all those kids they keep molesting?

:o     ........... :devil:   

 

20 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Oh no, you didn't!

 

:D

 

 

Monty Python?!?!?!?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LightAngel

The Pope says abortion is never OK, equates it to "Hiring A Hitman".

It's funny when people like him preach while sitting surrounded by wealth!

What does he know about real people and the problems they can have?!

Hmm, I believe that we all have a responsibility to use protection, but again, reality isn't just black or white.

And women should have that option if they need it.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
13 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

The Pope says abortion is never OK, equates it to "Hiring A Hitman".

 

And starving people in Central and South America are having children who then starve because they listen to him. :hmm:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron2016
Posted (edited)

All innocent life is sacred.  We should not be allowed to legally permit the death of innocent life.  Around 90% of abortions are done because the mother finds the baby an inconvenience to their lifestyle and they want it aborted.  Quite disgusting.  Women should be educated at school to understand that her legal and moral responsibility is to carry the baby until birth and that the rights of the innocent baby take priority over her own lifestyle, and only after the child has been born should she be legally allowed to renounce ownership of the child (if she doesn't want it) and give it to a family who want children.  Protection of the innocent should be priority.

 

Mankind is disturbing.  Many don't care when people kill each other in the news, but when they find out that animals have died there is a flood of emotion because animals are innocent and can't defend themselves.  Yet we don't hold that kind of respect to the innocent human life growing inside the mother?  This willful ignorance and disrespect of human life should be changed.

Imagine an endangered species and the only female left is pregnant.  The world marvels at her and is happy that this species will continue when she gives birth, but she doesn't like the limelight and deliberately injures herself in order to kill the child inside her because it has become a burden/inconvenience.  The child dies and the world is outraged and sad that the species will now go into extinction because of the mother's selfishness and murderous action.  Yet human mothers are given the privilege to kill the child if she wishes.  The Pope is deeply concerned and quite right to point out the willful lack of respect so many have for innocent life.

 

Edited by Aaron2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy

It's so very morbid to show greater concern for the embryos than for the actual human beings. 

It's even more morbid to keep brainwashing the simpler people into believing that an embryo is, in fact, a child. It's not. It may develop into one, but it doesn't have to and often does not, without any deliberate intervention. If people who misuse religion for politics keep with their talibanery, women who had spontaneous miscarriages will be suspects of aborting the 'baby'.  

To sort of defend the Pope a little, he didn't go that far to put embryos above living, sentient people, but he did stick to the Catholic official stance (well, duh) that life begins with the conception. He also said earlier that women who had an abortion are not to be persecuted, that they deserve compassion.

  

Personally, I'd say that possibility of life begins with the conception. And that every male who froths too much about abortion should immediately stop m********ing (every single sperm may potentially take part in conception) or having sex without intention to father a child (because making babies is the only excuse to ever have sex, if you're not godless liberal). And support that child later, of course.   

 

I also must add that people who currently peddle their anti-choice stance as part of their political platform, while having zero compassion with actually born children, must be possessed with demons, in my opinion. Because only a soulless demon would want more suffering on this planet.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
1 hour ago, Aaron2016 said:

Mankind is disturbing.  Many don't care when people kill each other in the news, but when they find out that animals have died there is a flood of emotion because animals are innocent and can't defend themselves.  Yet we don't hold that kind of respect to the innocent human life growing inside the mother?  This willful ignorance and disrespect of human life should be changed.

You don't possess the mental capacity to see the difference.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ouija ouija
1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It's so very morbid to show greater concern for the embryos than for the actual human beings. 

It's even more morbid to keep brainwashing the simpler people into believing that an embryo is, in fact, a child. It's not. It may develop into one, but it doesn't have to and often does not, without any deliberate intervention. If people who misuse religion for politics keep with their talibanery, women who had spontaneous miscarriages will be suspects of aborting the 'baby'.  

To sort of defend the Pope a little, he didn't go that far to put embryos above living, sentient people, but he did stick to the Catholic official stance (well, duh) that life begins with the conception. He also said earlier that women who had an abortion are not to be persecuted, that they deserve compassion.

  

Personally, I'd say that possibility of life begins with the conception. And that every male who froths too much about abortion should immediately stop m********ing (every single sperm may potentially take part in conception), or having sex without intention to father a child ..... and support that child later.  

 

I also must add that people who currently peddle their anti-choice stance as part of their political platform, while having zero compassion with actually born children, must be possessed with demons, in my opinion. Because only a soulless demon would want more suffering on this planet.  

I agree with everything you say here, Helen, but particularly with the part I've put in bold. I think this is the first time I've seen this point mentioned in a discussion about abortion and it's very important.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LightAngel
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

 

Mankind is disturbing. 

 

 

Humans have the privilege of choosing abortion versus life. Humans have the privilege to discuss "when is life - life" and "when is life - a non-sentient clump of cells". This easily plugs into the whole "what is moral to eat and what is not moral to eat" saga.

At the end of all this moralizing - all I see is just a whole lot of hypocrisy and a call to conflict (nothing new for humans) - however - nature is laughing AND moving on!

When it comes to abortion - yes, some mothers will abuse the choice they have and use abortion as a form of post-coital birth control instead of pre-coital birth control. Some other mothers will be denied the right to abortion and it will cost them (and their baby) - their life.

Those are the extreme ends of that spectrum. Along the middle - there will be countless cases where it's a good thing, it's a bad thing - it could have been avoided - it shouldn't have been avoided. 

I agree with you that mankind is disturbing, but it is disturbing to itself. It is only mankind that has pioneered hypocrisy and contempt towards itself. It is only mankind who has for some reason given itself the role of the "steward of nature" - thinking that when it speaks on behalf of itself - it speaks for the whole of universe. 

What arrogance!

Edited by LightAngel
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
darkmoonlady

Catholicism is against abortion because pregnancy is the only way to make new Catholics, it's not like the church has great PR right now. Their base of believers is shrinking, the scandals, modern life and the Pope saying things like this has a lot to do with people walking away from the church. 

As for abortion, even if he believes that it is still between the woman, god and that is it (for believers). Beyond that it's no one's business, women have a right to their bodies. How would men like it if tomorrow the government said they were opening National Sperm Banks and every male would donate a lifetime supply and then get a vasectomy. On demand inseminations as many times as they like. It would end all abortion, all unwanted pregnancies. How would men feel with the government involved in their reproductive rights?

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
3 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

And that every male who froths too much about abortion should immediately stop m********ing (every single sperm may potentially take part in conception)

Maybe women should quit ovulating. Since that unfertilized egg gets discharged. There are already plenty of NoFap men and MgTow individuals who's sworn off self-pleasure and women in general. 

It's both parties responsibility. Not just one or the other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ouija ouija
33 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Maybe women should quit ovulating. Since that unfertilized egg gets discharged. There are already plenty of NoFap men and MgTow individuals who's sworn off self-pleasure and women in general. 

It's both parties responsibility. Not just one or the other. 

You've missed the point. Helen is talking about a particular group of men only; those who think women should not end a potential life through abortion, but are happy to end many, many potential lives through m**********n. Besides, ovulation is not a choice, m**********n is, you can't equate the two.

'Men who have sworn off self-pleasure and women in general'? Blimey! I'd give that bunch of neurotics a wide berth! :lol:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
10 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

You've missed the point. Helen is talking about a particular group of men only; those who think women should not end a potential life through abortion, but are happy to end many, many potential lives through m**********n. Besides, ovulation is not a choice, m**********n is, you can't equate the two.

'Men who have sworn off self-pleasure and women in general'? Blimey! I'd give that bunch of neurotics a wide berth! :lol:

The key word is potential. It's just a clump of dna just like an unfertilized egg is. So there is no comparison.

All I can say on this topic is that if I knew I'd gotten a woman preggers and she wanted an aborting, I'd ask her to give birth and sign the rights over to me. If I never knew, I'd never want to know. Take that statement however you wish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ouija ouija
22 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The key word is potential. It's just a clump of dna just like an unfertilized egg is. So there is no comparison.

 

:wacko: What two things are you saying can't be compared? You seem to have contradicted yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
Just now, ouija ouija said:

:wacko: What two things are you saying can't be compared? You seem to have contradicted yourself.

Then you're not understanding. An unfertilized egg is nothing, just like a tissue dwelling sperm. They do nothing on their own. They might have potentially been a life if they meet, but they didn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ouija ouija
55 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Then you're not understanding. An unfertilized egg is nothing, just like a tissue dwelling sperm. They do nothing on their own. They might have potentially been a life if they meet, but they didn't. 

I understand that. You say that "an unfertilized is nothing, just like a tissue dwelling sperm", they can be compared, so what is it you say can't be compared? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
16 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

I understand that. You say that "an unfertilized is nothing, just like a tissue dwelling sperm", they can be compared, so what is it you say can't be compared? 

Neither are a living being. Which I figured was obvious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ouija ouija
4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Neither are a living being. Which I figured was obvious. 

Meh. If you're not going to answer, you're not going to answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
3 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Meh. If you're not going to answer, you're not going to answer.

I have repeatedly. But fine. I don't care anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

 There are already plenty of NoFap men and MgTow individuals who's sworn off self-pleasure and women in general. 

:blink:   WOW!

What are they taking?????  :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.