Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Amazon dumps sexist AI recruitment tool

5 posts in this topic

Eldorado

Amazon has scrapped a “sexist” tool that used artificial intelligence to decide the best candidates to hire for jobs.

Members of the team working on the system said it effectively taught itself that male candidates were preferable.

The artificial intelligence software was created by a team at Amazon’s Edinburgh office in 2014 as a way to automatically sort through CVs and select the most talented applicants.

But the algorithm rapidly taught itself to favour male candidates over female ones, according to members of the team who spoke to Reuters

Full scoop: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/amazon-ai-sexist-recruitment-tool-algorithm-a8579161.html

The tool began to act like a tool.

• Like 2

Piney
20 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

The tool began to act like a tool.

:lol:

• Like 2

Dark_Grey

Objective truth = "Sexist"

What times we live in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

and then
3 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Objective truth = "Sexist"

What times we live in

The whole concept of AI having an agenda shines a special light on that issue.  I remember a carpenter complaining about his level being off and the homeowner said: "young man, my father told once that a man that argues with a tool is a fool".  

• Like 2

Dark_Grey
2 minutes ago, and then said:

The whole concept of AI having an agenda shines a special light on that issue.  I remember a carpenter complaining about his level being off and the homeowner said: "young man, my father told once that a man that argues with a tool is a fool".  

That carpenter "nailed" it

• Haha 1