Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Republicans may be about to steal an election

ExpandMyMind

It isn’t often you get to watch an election being stolen in real time, but that might be what is happening right now in Georgia.

When it comes to the nationwide, comprehensive, carefully planned Republican effort to suppress the votes of people who are likely to vote Democratic, particularly racial minorities, there is a menu of techniques Republicans employ — voter ID laws, voter purges, limiting early voting, closing polling places in heavily minority neighborhoods, and racial and partisan gerrymandering.

But what Brian Kemp is doing right now is truly unique.

WP

These tactics are also being applied elsewhere, including Kansas. It's actually shocking. You'd expect this sort of thing to happen in Colombia or somewhere, not the USA.

Democrats knew that with the Civil Rights Act they had lost the south 'for a generation'. Looks like Republicans are looking to extend that as long as they can.

• Like 2

Should also add that the last election in Georgia was so suspect that they were ordered to hand over the digital ballots. They refused and deleted them. The political equivalent of eating the evidence in front of the cops, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

and being a convicted felon I can't vote.

But seeing what New Jersey Democrats do and how they act. I would certainly vote Republican. ...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

It seems unfair that someone who have paid his debt to society doesn't get his voting right back. 

Yeah, especially a Council advisor and tribal security officer who was railroaded for being to honest. :yes:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Those dastardly Republicans!  Imagine anyone demanding identification as a way to decrease vote fraud.  The exact match sounds like an expansion of that idea.  I can see how innocent mistakes could cause a person not to be able to vote once but once it has been corrected - maybe by checking the voter roll BEFORE showing up to vote? - it wouldn't happen again.  I also see no problem with regular purges and requiring people to update.  It is not some extraordinary burden to show the same ID that you have to show for nearly any other kind of government or private business transactions.  The people who bus-in voters on election day could make part of their organizing effort include getting people to the DMV to get a non-driver license/ID...problem solved.  As to the wailing about Gerrymandering, it has always been controversial and no middle ground has ever been agreed to.  You should see some of the tortuous district lines in places like the Alabama and Mississippi Delta country :w00t:   But no one complains about THOSE because they ensure a Democrat representative will always be elected.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, and then said:

Those dastardly Republicans!  Imagine anyone demanding identification as a way to decrease vote fraud.  The exact match sounds like an expansion of that idea.  I can see how innocent mistakes could cause a person not to be able to vote once but once it has been corrected - maybe by checking the voter roll BEFORE showing up to vote? - it wouldn't happen again.  I also see no problem with regular purges and requiring people to update.  It is not some extraordinary burden to show the same ID that you have to show for nearly any other kind of government or private business transactions.  The people who bus-in voters on election day could make part of their organizing effort include getting people to the DMV to get a non-driver license/ID...problem solved.  As to the wailing about Gerrymandering, it has always been controversial and no middle ground has ever been agreed to.  You should see some of the tortuous district lines in places like the Alabama and Mississippi Delta country :w00t:   But no one complains about THOSE because they ensure a Democrat representative will always be elected.  

Yeah, I guess black people being 30% of the population of Georgia and being 70% of those who are affected by this is just all a big coincidence. All for the non existent voter fraud that has plagued your country since never.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, and then said:

Like I said, the Dems are the party of "do as I say, not as I do". Whatever they raise hell over, 9 out of 10 times they themselves are guilty of it. 

Look - both parties suck. They both cheat, they both lie, they both conspire to keep independents from winning. They oppose each other on the surface to keep us fighting but behind the curtain they are shaking hands. Notice how they never ask the other party any hard questions during debates? They are both paid off by big, big businesses.

You guys know this but sometimes its nice to say it out loud. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah, I guess black people being 30% of the population of Georgia and being 70% of those who are affected by this is just all a big coincidence. All for the non existent voter fraud that has plagued your country since never.

These kinds of rules, as long as they are announced publicly and in plenty of time for people to make preparation before an election, are completely reasonable.  The only voters that get inconvenienced are those who are careless in filling out forms and not having someone at the office double check it for them OR those who register once and don't vote for a decade and expect everything to be fine when they show up.  Voting is a RIGHT and like all others, it comes with RESPONSIBILITIES.  Alabama began requiring voter ID a few years ago and I've heard nothing about widespread anger or lawsuits over the issue.  The state provides a non-driver license type ID for FREE.  I agree that fraud either isn't prominent OR it isn't tracked and prosecuted.  I do believe that if non-citizens are caught voting they should serve serious jail time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Look - both parties suck.

Yes, they do, but now I understand that voting for an Independent would only elect a Democrat in most cases and I've come to believe that their agenda is globalist in nature and that they are treasonous at heart.  Call that hyperbole if you wish but I don't think a rational person can look at the last 10 years and come to any other reasonable conclusion.  They either win and ram policies down the throats of the majority who are unwilling (Obama Care) or if they lose, they engage in Nullification.  THAT one is going to be what leads us to actual violence, I believe.  I can assure you that people outside the major cities in more traditional America, will look at "sanctuary cities" and see license to find sanctuary for their own values and preferences during the next prog administration.  Democrat-leaning courts will rule against those states or municipalities and if law enforcement is used to enforce then the crap will hit the fan.  When people refuse to compromise, this little experiment that our Founders set in motion is doomed to come to an end until they DO relearn how to compromise.  

• Like 3

Watch this video, it's great.

https://youtu.be/rrBxZGWCdgs

Edited by Rinna
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Council advisor and tribal security officer who was railroaded

for being honest

yep ..... insanely ... so sad to say, happens a lot today.

In some walks of life .... CITY LIFE ... if you can lie and play with the wolves/like the nasty uglies you might do well but-- if you're ..... oh I can't elaborate except to say I almost see it daily.  Not much to do about it, the way of things.

Edited by MWoo7
added the ed ... on railroad
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I just took my Mother down to the DMV here to get a state ID card as hers is a DL from Florida and she wanted a Louisiana ID card now she lives here.

It requires a birth certificate and a social security card plus proof of address, such as a bill or utility company receipt showing it.

No one who is a citizen here should have any problem getting that much together for an ID card to vote. Hers was even free.

How in the heck is this prejudicial to anyone to walk in and show that and get one made? It is good for 4 years here. 

People need to stop repeating protest slogans and check some facts first before going on and on about how this somehow slants the process against one or the other party or voter. EVERYONE should have an ID, voting or not. You know they show it to buy beer. They have to show it to register to vote. To have to show it to vote is just sanity. 

yes-voter-id-is-meant-to-disenfranchise-certain-voters-like-felons-27807479.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, Rinna said:

Watch this video, it's great.

https://youtu.be/rrBxZGWCdgs

DOH!!!

This just highlights the bias of the Progs.  They make the Black sound like imbeciles that can't be allowed off the Plantation.  I get so sick to my stomach.  It is time to break this cycle.  This is America, there is no such thing as White Privilege.  It is American Exceptionalism and that is color blind.  The promise of this nation is for all her people.  Everyone has or can get ID, especially the poor because they need it to acquire public services.  There are probably more poor that own a library card which gives them access to the internet, if they don't have a cell.  If you don't have an ID, then you are an illegal or someone that is dependent on someone else.  I'm all for ID checks and rolls purging.  If you don't want to vote, then still come in to be counted and state that you are not voting.  If you miss voting entirely, then have the county to provide an opportunity be counted after the fact.  If you miss being counted for one election, then you get purged.  Voting is an active participation event.  If you can't be bothered to maintain your right to vote, then you don't really need it.

• Like 7

Oh and BTW, the Republicans aren’t going to steal this election.  It is theirs.  But the Progs are going to give it away.  Their actions in the next 26 days will solidify that fact.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, South Alabam said:

yes-voter-id-is-meant-to-disenfranchise-certain-voters-like-felons-27807479.png

I watched Mexicans who I know are illegal vote. I watch the Mayor of Bridgeton send buses around to pick people up to vote and the big one....

My grandfather hadn't voted since Reagan and Voted for Sweeney and Menendez while he was in the hospital on life support.... and this is one of the many reasons I went to prison!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I just took my Mother down to the DMV here to get a state ID card as hers is a DL from Florida and she wanted a Louisiana ID card now she lives here.

It requires a birth certificate and a social security card plus proof of address, such as a bill or utility company receipt showing it.

No one who is a citizen here should have any problem getting that much together for an ID card to vote. Hers was even free.

How in the heck is this prejudicial to anyone to walk in and show that and get one made? It is good for 4 years here. 

People need to stop repeating protest slogans and check some facts first before going on and on about how this somehow slants the process against one or the other party or voter. EVERYONE should have an ID, voting or not. You know they show it to buy beer. They have to show it to register to vote. To have to show it to vote is just sanity. 

This thread isnt about voter ID laws though. This is about a law that indisputably disproportionately removes African American voters from the electoral process. https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/11/politics/georgia-governor-election-voter-registration-abrams-kemp/index.html

Under the policy, even the most minor discrepancy -- like a typo or missing letter -- between a voter's registration and their drivers license, social security or state ID cards can be flagged.

Typos are a b**** but the result of this law (and again its not about voter ID) clearly discriminates against a percentage of the population and it should have never been passed.

The "exact match" system was used by Kemp's office from 2013 to 2016, during which nearly 35,000 applications were rejected, with minorities disproportionately affected, according to a lawsuit that was settled in 2017. That agreement seemed to put an end to the practice, but the GOP-held legislature quickly embedded it in new legislation.

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Typos are a b**** but the result of this law (and again its not about voter ID) clearly discriminates against a percentage of the population and it should have never been passed.

I think the percentage of the population that mooched since birth shouldn't vote.

They don't pay taxes and if they want to be involved in politics they should pay their admission price like everyone else. :yes:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

WP

These tactics are also being applied elsewhere, including Kansas. It's actually shocking. You'd expect this sort of thing to happen in Colombia or somewhere, not the USA.

Democrats knew that with the Civil Rights Act they had lost the south 'for a generation'. Looks like Republicans are looking to extend that as long as they can.

From your link...

But everyone knows it’s nonsense. Voter fraud is almost nonexistent, 

You know why it is almost non-existent? Because of Voter laws. Fraud is real, and laws stopping it are really needed. Just my Opinion though.

Perhaps people who can't be bothered to get a dang ID card, or who can't bother to write their name down twice the same way, or move and don't send in a five minute to fill out card... probably don't take voting serious enough. You want to vote, go spend an hour, or two, to get a card and fill out the forms correctly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

This thread isnt about voter ID laws though. This is about a law that indisputably disproportionately removes African American voters from the electoral process. https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/11/politics/georgia-governor-election-voter-registration-abrams-kemp/index.html

I think the Conservative point of view is that, these laws need not discriminate, unless the ones being affected chose not to change. Not to get an ID card. Not to vote on Voting day. Not to renew their voters registration when they move.... When someone chooses not to follow the rules, they remove themselves.

Gerrymandering... Sure, I can give you that. But, that happens on both sides of the equation, with some deep blue districts being gerrymandered so that the Blue districts Dem majority (possibly like 95%) is spread over a half dozen slightly red districts, so that all are then Blue.

I don't necessarily believe that correlation is causation in this case. Possibly factors like lower education, higher poverty, less access to the internet... all add to the fact that some minority groups have less voter turnout. And who is it that is championing those problems with education, poverty, and technology access? Their local (Democrat) mayors, and city councilmen. Who really are just in it for themselves. Much like Chicago and Detroit, it can be argued that black voter participation is a reflection of black leaderships' screwing over their own people.

I'm not saying that is 100% the reason, but I don't think saying "The Republicans did this to me" is 100% the answer either.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I think the Conservative point of view is that, these laws need not discriminate, unless the ones being affected chose not to change. Not to get an ID card. Not to vote on Voting day. Not to renew their voters registration when they move.... When someone chooses not to follow the rules, they remove themselves.

We're talking about typos keeping folks from voting not voter ID laws. Even that on the surface can be justified, what cant be justified however is seeing that the direct result of a law caused the disproportionate disenfranchisement of a portion of society and not finding a way to make it work for everyone.

The law went away after the state settled a lawsuit over it and then it was snuck back in by the GOP buried under other legislation. To me it seems there was clear intent there. 

Edited by Farmer77

Voting is a responsibility.  It requires active participation.  What that means is that it is up to the individual to ensure their information is correct and if not, to correct it.  If they are so easily “disenfranchised” then they are not responsible enough to vote in the first place.  If people have been rushed to register for voting and have not took the time to verify that info, then they need to sit out voting until they get it fixed (this should be done long before a vote and not as a scheme to herd cattle to the ballot box).  Then if they are still interested in voting, they’ll be all set for the next one.  But these people rushed to register are those that have never shown any interest in voting in the first place.  That in itself is an inappropriate use of the right to vote.  Minorities that don’t care to vote have already been disenfranchised by the ruling party long ago.  It has nothing to do with ID laws.  Most minorities live in cities and most cities are controlled by Progressives.

• Like 1

I think the flaw in this argument, that minorities are more poor and therefore more susceptible to having difficulty voting due to these laws, is that looking at sheer numbers most of the people living under poverty in the USA are white.  More white people on food stamps, more white people on welfare, more white people on unemployment benefits.

• Like 1