Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ExpandMyMind

Republicans may be about to steal an election

221 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Robotic Jew
On 11/17/2018 at 5:38 AM, DieChecker said:

I have to admit, in Georgia, I wonder why those voting machines were not put out? What the "official" reasoning was.

I live in Georgia and the fact that they weren't put out seems severely dubious to say the least. In the inner cities and metropolitan areas there was report after report of long lines due to limited amount of voting machines. In the county I live in though, which voted 70% for Kemp there were 20 machines and no lines. I literally showed my ID, filled out my form walked right up and voted. In and out within 10 minutes. Our population is nothing compared to some of the cities that I heard about having 5 or less voting machines at some polling locations.

 

But, the race between the 2 was always only going to go one way. Georgia is still deeply imbedded in the past and is not likely to crawl out too soon. Everyone I know that voted for Kemp all share the same ugly trait and shared the same baseless, racist memes on facebook before and  after the election. 

Edited by Robotic Jew
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
DieChecker
On 11/18/2018 at 10:48 PM, joc said:

OMG

People actually still watch SNL??  

Not me. It's turned into a one hour political rally for liberalism.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
On 11/19/2018 at 5:11 AM, Robotic Jew said:

I live in Georgia and the fact that they weren't put out seems severely dubious to say the least. In the inner cities and metropolitan areas there was report after report of long lines due to limited amount of voting machines. In the county I live in though, which voted 70% for Kemp there were 20 machines and no lines. I literally showed my ID, filled out my form walked right up and voted. In and out within 10 minutes. Our population is nothing compared to some of the cities that I heard about having 5 or less voting machines at some polling locations.

 

But, the race between the 2 was always only going to go one way. Georgia is still deeply imbedded in the past and is not likely to crawl out too soon. Everyone I know that voted for Kemp all share the same ugly trait and shared the same baseless, racist memes on facebook before and  after the election. 

So, can you vote anywhere, or only at your local location?

I could believe this was done on purpose, but I'd like to see proof that it came from the top, and not some racist working in the storage warehouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
On 11/18/2018 at 12:32 AM, Farmer77 said:

There was no outrage beyond Scott and Trump making baseless claims. The GOP made the claim and filed a suit and it went to court. There was no wrongdoing found in fact the judge told them to quit making the claim.

Sadly there is nothing that any election officials can do to stop politicians from lying or their gullible believers from swallowing the lies.

I thought there were several "irregularities" even as the voting was occurring? Were not there several lawsuits filed that were Immediately found in the Republican favor? Such as Broward county election officials (all Democrat) using only their own discretion on who a voter "really" voted for?

That doesn't sound groundless/baseless to me, it sounds like it should be investigated.

And now that it is being investigated...Guess who is resigning before she can be found guilty of anything? That's right, Broward Co's own Brenda Snipes...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/19/us/elections/florida-brenda-snipes-broward-elections-resigns.html

At least that is one criminal being put out of the election system in Florida. 

I'd not call what she was running a circus. That would be way, way, way too generous.

Of course some other uber liberal probably will take her place, but at least perhaps.... perhaps, they will not be as openly criminal, and corrupt.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
59 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

So, can you vote anywhere, or only at your local location?

I could believe this was done on purpose, but I'd like to see proof that it came from the top, and not some racist working in the storage warehouse.

You can only vote at your location.

 

If you're at the wrong location you can submit a "provisional ballot" and we all know how those get treated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
6 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I thought there were several "irregularities" even as the voting was occurring? Were not there several lawsuits filed that were Immediately found in the Republican favor? Such as Broward county election officials (all Democrat) using only their own discretion on who a voter "really" voted for?

Can you provide a link to that? The last I saw a judge had shot down the lawsuits and literally told both sides to stop making the claim

Florida judge sees no evidence of vote-counting fraud in Broward County

 

6 hours ago, DieChecker said:

At least that is one criminal being put out of the election system in Florida. 

I'd not call what she was running a circus. That would be way, way, way too generous.

Of course some other uber liberal probably will take her place, but at least perhaps.... perhaps, they will not be as openly criminal, and corrupt.

I honestly think you're calling incompetence corruption. Ill gladly concede that if hard facts come out to the opposite. Dont get me twisted thinking im defending her, I am simply defending the need for facts in the face of this rampant stoking of the right wing victimhood culture .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Can you provide a link to that? The last I saw a judge had shot down the lawsuits and literally told both sides to stop making the claim

Florida judge sees no evidence of vote-counting fraud in Broward County

 

I honestly think you're calling incompetence corruption. Ill gladly concede that if hard facts come out to the opposite. Dont get me twisted thinking im defending her, I am simply defending the need for facts in the face of this rampant stoking of the right wing victimhood culture .

 

Here is this....

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/political-pulse/os-florida-recounts-ballot-counting-20181109-story.html

Quote

Scott was victorious, however, in his lawsuits against the Palm Beach Supervisor of Elections Susan Bucher and Broward Supervisor Brenda Snipes.

A judge granted an injunction ordering Bucher to submit all ballots in which a vote for Senate wasn’t initially recorded to the Palm Beach County Canvassing Board “for an open and public review of each vote,’’ the Scott campaign said.

Snipes must also provide the Scott campaign documents showing the number of ballots cast, the number of ballots counted and how many are still to be counted in her county.

Both of these lawsuits... See another article about them below... were judged in the Republican's favor. 

Snipes was 100% attempting to influence the election by concealing how SHE was judging each ballot to be for, by herself. She refused to release information and allow observers because she was using her own discretion as to who was voting for whom.

That is not a groundless accusation on which Trump and the GOP built on.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/election/article221425695.html

Quote

In Broward, Scott, in his capacity as a Senate candidate, has accused Snipes of failing to let his campaign inspect absentee and other ballots this week under public-records laws as the office continues to count votes. The suit also alleges Snipes has unlawfully refused to release more information about tallied votes.

“The lack of transparency raises substantial concerns about the validity of the election process,” according to the complaint filed late Thursday.

In a late-night news conference, Scott had also called for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to investigate her office, though an agency spokeswoman said Friday there was no active investigation.

In Palm Beach County, Scott’s campaign has also alleged Supervisor of Elections Bucher failed to allow his campaign to inspect potentially damaged absentee ballots mailed in by overseas military members and others, and that her office violated the law by determining if those mail-in votes are valid, rather than the county’s canvassing board.

Emergency court hearings were being held Friday in both counties. Scott currently holds a lead of 0.18 percent over Nelson, well within the 0.25 percent margin that would trigger both machine and manual recounts come Saturday.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
14 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Here is this....

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/political-pulse/os-florida-recounts-ballot-counting-20181109-story.html

Both of these lawsuits... See another article about them below... were judged in the Republican's favor. 

Snipes was 100% attempting to influence the election by concealing how SHE was judging each ballot to be for, by herself. She refused to release information and allow observers because she was using her own discretion as to who was voting for whom.

That is not a groundless accusation on which Trump and the GOP built on.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/election/article221425695.html

 

These links were from Nov 9th, the judge ruled on Nov. 12th. Im pretty sure both links are about the lawsuits that the Judge threw out three days later in the link I posted.

This is why I rage against that kind of innuendo mongering. Once such an impression is created in ones mind its hard for new information to break through.

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
41 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

These links were from Nov 9th, the judge ruled on Nov. 12th. Im pretty sure both links are about the lawsuits that the Judge threw out three days later in the link I posted.

This is why I rage against that kind of innuendo mongering. Once such an impression is created in ones mind its hard for new information to break through.

Let me return your earlier request... you have a link for that? :lol:

I thought I read the judge ruled and put out injunctions. Plus, since Trump started commenting about it on the 9th, I think it still could not be considered "baseless".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
3 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Let me return your earlier request... you have a link for that? :lol:

No worries Florida judge sees no evidence of vote-counting fraud in Broward County

Quote

A Florida judge said he's seen no evidence of wrongdoing in the vote-counting in Broward County and urged all sides to "ramp down the rhetoric."

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - A Florida judge said he's seen no evidence of wrongdoing in the vote-counting in Broward County and urged all sides to "ramp down the rhetoric."

 

Circuit Chief Judge Jack Tuter said during an emergency hearing Monday that there is a need to reassure citizens that the integrity of the Florida recount is being protected.

 

To that point, he urged lawyers for Rick Scott and others representing the Republican and Democratic parties and their candidates as well as the Broward County elections office to agree on some minor additions in security, including the addition of three more law enforcement officers to keep an eye on things.

And the judge says that if anyone has any evidence of voter fraud or irregularities, they should report it to law enforcement.

 

6 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Plus, since Trump started commenting about it on the 9th, I think it still could not be considered "baseless".

Why not though? I dont think this is what you mean but it sounds dangerously close to "Trump said it so its not baseless"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No worries Florida judge sees no evidence of vote-counting fraud in Broward County

 

Why not though? I dont think this is what you mean but it sounds dangerously close to "Trump said it so its not baseless"

Your link doesn't say any earlier decisions were tossed, it says a chief judge hasn't been convinced of vote tampering.  Likely he's as bias as the elections chief.

I would wish that judges would all be impartial, but we all know that's not usually the case.

I agree with him that more security and oversight needs to be enacted for counties that have past histories of "issues".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Likely he's as bias as the elections chief.

Yikes. I find this mindset to be so damning for our nation. No evidence, no factual reason to believe it to be , yet there you are.

Not that it matters because im sure someone will just scream hes a rino (or deep state because its easy)  but he was appointed by Bush and has enough respectability to have been elected chief judge.

 

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Your link doesn't say any earlier decisions were tossed, it says a chief judge hasn't been convinced of vote tampering. 

 No judge ever sided with Scott. No actual authority figure has said there was evidence of fraud. 

The lawsuit you posted was the one I posted. Scott asked for the voting machines to be seized because of a nebulous claim of fraud. A hearing was held and Scott had a chance to state his case and no evidence of fraud was found.

This is the insidious nature of the GOP "voter fraud" tactic. It doesnt have to be real to make people believe it is and that is dangerous as hell for America.

Judge denies Rick Scott request for injunction against Broward County amid recount

Quote

Chief Circuit Judge Jack Tuter denied that injunction request, saying, “I don’t think I have any evidence to enter a mandatory injunction right now.”

 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

Skid Row voter fraud: Prosecutors say homeless offered cash, cigarettes in exchange for hundreds of signatures

An alleged voter fraud scheme in which Skid Row’s homeless were being offered money and cigarettes in exchange for “false and forged signatures” on ballot petitions and registration documents has been uncovered in Los Angeles, prosecutors announced Tuesday.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office says it is charging nine people in total with felony counts related to the offenses, which are said to have happened during the 2016 and 2018 election cycles.

 

“The defendants are accused of engaging in the solicitation of hundreds of false and/or forged signatures on state ballot petitions and voter registration forms by allegedly offering homeless people $1 and/or cigarettes for their participation,” a statement from the attorney’s office reads.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/skid-row-voter-fraud-prosecutors-say-homeless-offered-cash-cigarettes-in-exchange-for-hundreds-of-signatures?fbclid=IwAR1ne1k8boKcRofLNqUBFdkIc5aYt8sQwOz4g6VFw6_P7dq7Hc5Sw4nUGt4

 

i have a strong feeling those votes were not for republicans.  so popular vote worth nothing in CA.   so hilary did not even win that, lol

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle

I started a thread on that at the same time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
12 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Yikes. I find this mindset to be so damning for our nation. No evidence, no factual reason to believe it to be , yet there you are.

Not that it matters because im sure someone will just scream hes a rino (or deep state because its easy)  but he was appointed by Bush and has enough respectability to have been elected chief judge.

The problem is that this isn't just a problem on the Right. You go ahead and explain to the Left that they should straighten up and fly right, and then I'll go do the same to those on the Right? 

See the problem? Neither side is going to change if there is advantage. 

Is it common practice now to see who named a judge to the court? Yes, it is, because it give political leverage. Judges should be impartial, but we all know that is rare.

Point being... If someone's quotes and actions seem to indicate bias... More often then not, bias is going to be found.

Quote

No judge ever sided with Scott. No actual authority figure has said there was evidence of fraud. 

The lawsuit you posted was the one I posted. Scott asked for the voting machines to be seized because of a nebulous claim of fraud. A hearing was held and Scott had a chance to state his case and no evidence of fraud was found.

This is the insidious nature of the GOP "voter fraud" tactic. It doesnt have to be real to make people believe it is and that is dangerous as hell for America.

Judge denies Rick Scott request for injunction against Broward County amid recount

Sorry, you are wrong. The lawsuit I posted occurred Days before the one you are posting. The lawsuit I posted was about an Injunction to allow review of over/under vote ballots by the Palm Beach Canvassing Board, rather then just Bucher and her gang. And another lawsuit against Snipes was found in Scott's favor that she was concealing the total number of votes and not releasing how many ballots still needed to be counted.

From my earlier post...

Quote

A judge granted an injunction ordering Bucher to submit all ballots in which a vote for Senate wasn’t initially recorded to the Palm Beach County Canvassing Board “for an open and public review of each vote,’’ the Scott campaign said.

You may not have heard about these successes on the Scott side if you were only reading/watching MSNBC, or CNN. Likely they are not covering stories that don't fit their Narrative. Note that I posted from the Orlando Sentinel, and the Miami Herald, not Fox News of other suspected "bias" conservative source.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/political-pulse/os-florida-recounts-ballot-counting-20181109-story.html

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/election/article221425695.html

The injunction Scott was seeking in the lawsuits you are posting about were about seizing the machines, not the ballots. Two separate issues. And the fact that a judge already found irregularities in the Ballot counting, should have meant that the machines SHOULD have been seized, to be examined by impartial experts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
3 hours ago, aztek said:

Skid Row voter fraud: Prosecutors say homeless offered cash, cigarettes in exchange for hundreds of signatures

An alleged voter fraud scheme in which Skid Row’s homeless were being offered money and cigarettes in exchange for “false and forged signatures” on ballot petitions and registration documents has been uncovered in Los Angeles, prosecutors announced Tuesday.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office says it is charging nine people in total with felony counts related to the offenses, which are said to have happened during the 2016 and 2018 election cycles.

 

“The defendants are accused of engaging in the solicitation of hundreds of false and/or forged signatures on state ballot petitions and voter registration forms by allegedly offering homeless people $1 and/or cigarettes for their participation,” a statement from the attorney’s office reads.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/skid-row-voter-fraud-prosecutors-say-homeless-offered-cash-cigarettes-in-exchange-for-hundreds-of-signatures?fbclid=IwAR1ne1k8boKcRofLNqUBFdkIc5aYt8sQwOz4g6VFw6_P7dq7Hc5Sw4nUGt4

 

i have a strong feeling those votes were not for republicans.  so popular vote worth nothing in CA.   so hilary did not even win that, lol

No.....

Wait.....

We're told that voter fraud is a MYTH by the Left.....

So.... This didn't happen. 

There. Case Closed.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
On 11/21/2018 at 3:16 PM, DieChecker said:

You may not have heard about these successes on the Scott side if you were only reading/watching MSNBC, or CNN. Likely they are not covering stories that don't fit their Narrative. Note that I posted from the Orlando Sentinel, and the Miami Herald, not Fox News of other suspected "bias" conservative source.

I dont only read left sources as I said earlier in the thread there are so many lawsuits I knew I may have been missing something.

Still waiting for the actual evidence of voter fraud.

On 11/21/2018 at 3:17 PM, DieChecker said:

We're told that voter fraud is a MYTH by the Left.....

 No youre told voter fraud as framed by Trump and his acolytes is a myth. Hence the reason his prove im more popular "voter fraud" commission dissipated, there were no facts to back up the hyperbole.

Like just about everything else the man says it was a lie designed to get a certain segment of our society to not trust the US system.....hmmm that sounds familiar........ who else has spent the last 3 years or so working really hard to get a certain segment of our society to not trust the US system?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I dont only read left sources as I said earlier in the thread there are so many lawsuits I knew I may have been missing something.

Still waiting for the actual evidence of voter fraud.

 No youre told voter fraud as framed by Trump and his acolytes is a myth. Hence the reason his prove im more popular "voter fraud" commission dissipated, there were no facts to back up the hyperbole.

Like just about everything else the man says it was a lie designed to get a certain segment of our society to not trust the US system.....hmmm that sounds familiar........ who else has spent the last 3 years or so working really hard to get a certain segment of our society to not trust the US system?

 

Sure, I can agree that to a large extent the hyperbole on both sides was bigger then what turned out to have happened. But, my previous stance was that Trump wasn't basing his accusations on nothing. They were based on actual irregularities in the voting at Broward and Palm Beach counties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

But, my previous stance was that Trump wasn't basing his accusations on nothing. They were based on actual irregularities in the voting at Broward and Palm Beach counties.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

Yes there were irregularities, IMO what Trump said however had nothing to do with irregularities.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
On 11/21/2018 at 9:57 AM, aztek said:

Skid Row voter fraud: Prosecutors say homeless offered cash, cigarettes in exchange for hundreds of signatures

An alleged voter fraud scheme in which Skid Row’s homeless were being offered money and cigarettes in exchange for “false and forged signatures” on ballot petitions and registration documents has been uncovered in Los Angeles, prosecutors announced Tuesday.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office says it is charging nine people in total with felony counts related to the offenses, which are said to have happened during the 2016 and 2018 election cycles.

 

“The defendants are accused of engaging in the solicitation of hundreds of false and/or forged signatures on state ballot petitions and voter registration forms by allegedly offering homeless people $1 and/or cigarettes for their participation,” a statement from the attorney’s office reads.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/skid-row-voter-fraud-prosecutors-say-homeless-offered-cash-cigarettes-in-exchange-for-hundreds-of-signatures?fbclid=IwAR1ne1k8boKcRofLNqUBFdkIc5aYt8sQwOz4g6VFw6_P7dq7Hc5Sw4nUGt4

 

i have a strong feeling those votes were not for republicans.  so popular vote worth nothing in CA.   so hilary did not even win that, lol

As I mentioned in the other thread.  Lobbyists and both political parties pay companies to gather signatures to get propositions and referendums on the ballot.  Apparently because of the high turn out in the last election even more signatures are needed to get something put on the ballot.  So they are paying people 50 cents to $6 a signature.  A few of the more shady employees found out that they could pay the homeless $1 and make 5$ a signature and got busted. https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-signature-gatherers-ballot-initiatives-california-20160627-snap-htmlstory.html

Looking at how much some of them make, I am in the wrong business. $3000 a week?

Oh and:" Proposition 54, a transparency measure sponsored largely by Republican mega-donor Charles Munger Jr. that would require bills be published online for at least three days before legislative votes, paid the most: $6.61 per signature submitted to the secretary of state."

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
21 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Oh and:" Proposition 54, a transparency measure sponsored largely by Republican mega-donor Charles Munger Jr. that would require bills be published online for at least three days before legislative votes, paid the most: $6.61 per signature submitted to the secretary of state."

I wondered why we hadnt seen more threads about this issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.