Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Kismit

Where is Jamal Khashoggi?

270 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Black Red Devil
On 11/17/2018 at 11:25 AM, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Things are about to get interesting:

CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Jamal Khashoggi’s assassination
The CIA has concluded that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman ordered the assassination of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Istanbul last month, contradicting the Saudi government’s claims that he was not involved in the killing, according to people familiar with the matter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/cia-concludes-saudi-crown-prince-ordered-jamal-khashoggis-assassination/2018/11/16/98c89fe6-e9b2-11e8-a939-9469f1166f9d_story.html

We all know that money makes the world go around but this is up there in everyone's face.  A state sanctioned hit in a foreign allied western country on an individual availing of one of the West' most valued Rights, free expression of opinion, by a murderous dictator who has already blood on his hands through his unlawful conduct in Yemen, screams for international justice and yet the best our western leaders can do is await for an unscrupulous individual like Trump to make the final decision! 

People call me a cynic because I mistrust politicians and people in power, ....if any proof was ever needed!!  I don't blame solely Trump for this act of defiance towards western values, although he has the biggest share of it, but also other western leaders who were provided proof of what happened (by Turkey) and have surely been already briefed by their allies on who was personally responsible for Khashoggi's murder.  The west have lowered their knickers, bent over and ignored any evidence because the King of SA has threatened financial repercussions if anyone touches his glamour boy.  Western leaders need to force action against SA and MBS otherwise they'll prove themselves to be no better than the likes of these tinpot dictatorships run by these so called royals of which my dog has more pedigree.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Only_
16 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Or at least a servant to the Saudi's.  Some presidents bow, others prove their loyalty with actions.

That means the Saudis can get away with whatever journalists they choose to murder. Trump is utterly powerless to make a decision concerning this situation and the alliance. It does seem to be the Military-industrial complex and oil industry who have the upper hand here. 

Edited by Clockwork_Spirit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kittens Are Jerks

Well I guess that's it. Nothing to see here, move along...

Trump brushes aside CIA assertion that crown prince ordered killing, defends him and Saudi Arabia
President Trump on Thursday contradicted the CIA’s assessment that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman had ordered the killing of Washington Post contributing columnist Jamal Khashoggi, insisting that the agency had “feelings” but did not firmly place blame for the death.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-brushes-aside-cia-assertion-that-crown-prince-ordered-killing-defends-him-and-saudi-arabia/2018/11/22/d3bdf23c-ee70-11e8-96d4-0d23f2aaad09_story.html

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kittens Are Jerks

Oh wait, so now we have a Turkish newspaper claiming that the CIA has a recording in which MBS is heard giving the order to 'silence' Khashoggi. According to Hürriyet Daily News, the CIA was listening in on a call between MBS and his brother Khaled bin Salman when they heard him issuing the order.

Don't at the moment know if this is indeed true.

CIA Heard Audio of Saudi Crown Prince Giving Order to ‘Silence’ Jamal Khashoggi: Report
https://www.thedailybeast.com/cia-heard-audio-of-saudi-crown-prince-giving-order-to-silence-jamal-khashoggi-report
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:03 PM, Tatetopa said:

Sorry I missed something.  How did the Turks get the tape?  Maybe I missed a page.  I have been wondering that since the beginning.  It seems rather strange that they have possession of it .  It must be an important issue for them if they make that public.  DO they have tapes from other embassies?

This is exactly what I have been thinking as I read through this, Tatetopa. Do they spy on all embassies to this extent? If not, what had them watching Kashoggi so closely? It is a factor in it all that has had me wondering from the very beginning. Is the possession and release of these tapes allegedly made inside the embassy by Turkey a violation of some diplomatic agreements? 

Not to dispute what happened, just the issue of the evidence has me wondering what the heck...? Films of body parts? Skinning? 

Just...what? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye

What I have heard is that the whole sorry sordid event was recorded straight up to Kashoggi's 'Cloud' account ... which cloud though I have no idea

~

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:55 PM, Black Red Devil said:

We all know that money makes the world go around but this is up there in everyone's face.  A state sanctioned hit in a foreign allied western country on an individual availing of one of the West' most valued Rights, free expression of opinion, by a murderous dictator who has already blood on his hands through his unlawful conduct in Yemen, screams for international justice and yet the best our western leaders can do is await for an unscrupulous individual like Trump to make the final decision! 

People call me a cynic because I mistrust politicians and people in power, ....if any proof was ever needed!!  I don't blame solely Trump for this act of defiance towards western values, although he has the biggest share of it, but also other western leaders who were provided proof of what happened (by Turkey) and have surely been already briefed by their allies on who was personally responsible for Khashoggi's murder.  The west have lowered their knickers, bent over and ignored any evidence because the King of SA has threatened financial repercussions if anyone touches his glamour boy.  Western leaders need to force action against SA and MBS otherwise they'll prove themselves to be no better than the likes of these tinpot dictatorships run by these so called royals of which my dog has more pedigree.

Isn't it ironic when Israel sends hit squads into other countries to murder their enemies, that they are considered heroes by so many?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NewAge1
On 21/11/2018 at 7:55 PM, Black Red Devil said:

Western leaders need to force action against SA and MBS otherwise they'll prove themselves to be no better than the likes of these tinpot dictatorships run by these so called royals of which my dog has more pedigree.

We have painted ourselves in a corner. If we take actions against the Saudis, we risk loosing our biggest ally in the arab Middle-East, since we have made Iran (the second-largest economy and rival of SA) an ennemy, a danger, a threat. We have choosen a double standard approach and we are stuck with it.

Edited by NewAge1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Truman show
14 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Isn't it ironic when Israel sends hit squads into other countries to murder their enemies, that they are considered heroes by so many?

never looked at it that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil
16 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Isn't it ironic when Israel sends hit squads into other countries to murder their enemies, that they are considered heroes by so many?

I'm not one of those many but then again, I'm antisemitic (sarcasm).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil
4 hours ago, NewAge1 said:

We have painted ourselves in a corner. If we take actions against the Saudis, we risk loosing our biggest ally in the arab Middle-East, since we have made Iran (the second-largest economy and rival of SA) an ennemy, a danger, a threat. We have choosen a double standard approach and we are stuck with it.

The only reason this mob are treated differently from Iran is because they invest money in the US and keep their Sunni terrorists out of harms way of Israel.  Other than that, they're no different than Iran who are sanctioned and constantly threatened with military action by both Israel and the US.  It's time the west invests in renewable energy and ditches these savages where the rich (men) gloat in their middle age utopian dream and disregard every humanitarian condition most civilised countries adhere to.  You are correct, our political leaders seem to believe that double standards are acceptable and justifiable when they're not disadvantaging allies.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
28 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

It's time the west invests in renewable energy and ditches these savages where the rich (men) gloat in their middle age utopian dream and disregard every humanitarian condition most civilised countries adhere to.

That carries the smell too associated with their bin reserved as Communist trash for their tastes mein Freund

~

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Tiggs

The White House is preventing the CIA director, Gina Haspel, or any other intelligence official from briefing the Senate on the murder of Saudi dissident and Washington Post columnist, Jamal Khashoggi.

The secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, and the defence secretary, James Mattis, are due to give a briefing on US relations with Saudi Arabia to the entire Senate behind closed doors on Wednesday, ahead of a vote that could cut off US support for Riyadh’s military campaign in Yemen.

Source: The Guardian

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
9 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

The White House is preventing the CIA director, Gina Haspel, or any other intelligence official from briefing the Senate on the murder of Saudi dissident and Washington Post columnist, Jamal Khashoggi.

The secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, and the defence secretary, James Mattis, are due to give a briefing on US relations with Saudi Arabia to the entire Senate behind closed doors on Wednesday, ahead of a vote that could cut off US support for Riyadh’s military campaign in Yemen.

Source: The Guardian

Mattis is about to lay down the potential military ramifications of ending the Saudi genocide on Yemen. Oh, to be a fly on the wall in that room...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kittens Are Jerks

Intercepts Solidify C.I.A. Assessment That Saudi Prince Ordered Khashoggi Killing
The C.I.A. has evidence that Mohammed bin Salman, the Saudi crown prince, communicated repeatedly with a key aide around the time that a team believed to have been under the aide’s command assassinated Jamal Khashoggi, according to former officials familiar with the intelligence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/02/us/politics/crown-prince-mohammed-qahtani-intercepts.html

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 hour ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Intercepts Solidify C.I.A. Assessment That Saudi Prince Ordered Khashoggi Killing
The C.I.A. has evidence that Mohammed bin Salman, the Saudi crown prince, communicated repeatedly with a key aide around the time that a team believed to have been under the aide’s command assassinated Jamal Khashoggi, according to former officials familiar with the intelligence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/02/us/politics/crown-prince-mohammed-qahtani-intercepts.html

Really puts that Putin, MBS high five into perspective.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kittens Are Jerks

CIA's Haspel to brief senators on Khashoggi death
CIA Director Gina Haspel will brief Senate leaders on the death of Saudi dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi, after senators criticized her absence from a briefing last week. Haspel will brief members of the Foreign Relations, Armed Services and Appropriations committees on Tuesday, multiple sources confirmed to The Hill.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/419532-haspel-to-brief-senators-on-khashoggi-death-tuesday-report

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
19 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

CIA's Haspel to brief senators on Khashoggi death
CIA Director Gina Haspel will brief Senate leaders on the death of Saudi dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi, after senators criticized her absence from a briefing last week. Haspel will brief members of the Foreign Relations, Armed Services and Appropriations committees on Tuesday, multiple sources confirmed to The Hill.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/419532-haspel-to-brief-senators-on-khashoggi-death-tuesday-report

Seemed to be quite the briefing:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/04/politics/haspel-briefing-khashoggi/index.html

Quote

Lawmakers briefed Tuesday by CIA Director Gina Haspel accused Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of being responsible for the killing of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Sen. Bob Corker, a Tennessee Republican who chairs the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, told CNN after a briefing with Haspel that the prince, known as MBS, "ordered, monitored, the killing" of the father of four.
Corker added, "And if he (MBS) were in front of a jury, he would be convicted of murder in about 30 minutes."
Corker was one of several lawmakers who emerged from a small briefing with the CIA director appearing convinced of the prince's responsibility for the killing. The murder has become a lightning rod, dividing the White House and a usually supportive Republican-led Senate.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

For all those who are so distressed about the president's handling of MBS, what do you think he should do?  Sanction him?  Cut off relations with the House of Saud?  Cancel defense contracts or agreements?  What then?  Do you expect the Saudis to meekly accept the slap?  I agree that the whole country is led by murdering, vicious scum but who fills the vacuum once we leave?  I think we all know how it would play out.  The same people screaming about Trump ignoring the crimes of the Saudis would be the ones screaming about the disruption in global oil supplies and blaming Trump.  The common denominator is hatred of and abuse for anything Trump does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAyMO
9 minutes ago, and then said:

For all those who are so distressed about the president's handling of MBS, what do you think he should do? 

What he shouldn't do  or shouldn't have done is:

1. Provided public excuses for the murder, such that the Saudis could have thought these were a means of plausible deniability in the eyes of the world,

2. Claim there is not a shred of evidence implicating MBS when even those in his own party who have seen what the President has seen, claim, very clearly, that the exact opposite is the case

 

 

Edited by RAyMO
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.