Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What did I see?

Scassidy77

I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I lost my dad in 2015 and it still hurts every day but I work through it.

Welcome to UM. It's n amazing place with so many knowledgeable folks.

Pay attention especially to @Not A Rockstar and @Piney. They both have a great deal of knowledge and training and neither have an agenda other than assistance and passing knowledge on.

I wish only the best outcome for you and sending positive thoughts your way!

• Like 1

All the People on here, Said that it's not a Shadow Person, And I Agree with that. Because I saw A Shadow Person Before. It was an Ghost Not A Bad one.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:49 AM, Scassidy77 said:

I am not into ghosts or paranormal things typically.  I had an experience last night that I am curious about.  Basically I was sitting on my couch last night at 1:30 am.  I had the living room light on but the hallway light leading into the living room was off.  Suddenly I looked up and saw a human figure in my hallway.  I don't know if I caught it out if the corner of my eye or just decided to look up?  But for some reason I looked up.  I saw it for maybe 2 seconds.  It was as if the figure was walking into the living room and then  immediately changed it's mind and turned around went back the other way and disappeared.  It was plain as day.  I thought someone was in my house but turned the lights on and searched the house.  Nobody was there.  The hair on my neck stood up for sure.  I wasn't scared though nor did I get a bad feeling from it.  The figure seemed like a whiteish color and had human form, but it happened so quickly that I couldn't get any detail except for hieght.  I would say 5'8" tall.   I am wondering if anyone who knows more than I do has any ideas of what it might have been?  Ghost, shadow person, Angel, other?  I live in a duplex and have been here for 2 years now.  I have never seen anything else or had any odd experience here prior to this.   I looked on internet and it doesn't sound like a shadow figure.  I have been incredibly stressed lately and at the lowest point if my life.  I've been dealing with loss of employment, and tons of bills and no money to pay them, and father is dying.  I don't know if this could have any connection.  I immediately thought my dad had died and the figure was him,  but it wasn't cause I called him and he is still alive.  The last few days oddly enough, I started listening to a podcast on Angels to try to fall asleep to at night.  Just helps to distract my mind.   Any ideas?  Thanks 

Shadow people happen to me too.

Compared to when I was younger I have been dealing with stress differently over the last few years. Ever since I found out what mindfulness was I have been immersing myself in the feeling of stress whenever it occurs. I do not fight it, do not try to stop it, do not attach any thoughts to it, I simply let myself go through the feeling of being stressed. In my opinion this is part of what is causing me to experience shadow people.

To go further I have been experimenting with religious concepts of morality applying what I have learned to my life. The insights I have gained from the characters in the Bible is that normal people cannot behave morally until they have learned to manage their negative emotions. That means taking negative emotions (such as fear, shame, insecurity, jealousy, envy, sadness, anger, etc) on the chin like I have been doing with stress.

I started encountering shadow people when I began doing all of the above. I think there are various types of them. I suspect the type you have encountered is the kind that find strong moral people fascinating so they like to watch them.

Shadow people are very real, I have had one put in an appearance when there has been other people there to see it too.

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

As real as you imagine them to be.

Are you trying to say its not something you believe in?

Thats okay, I know a lot of people have difficulty with someone saying they have not only seen a shadow person but they had people with them at the time who saw it too.

I hope at some point you experience one too.

23 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Are you trying to say its not something you believe in?

Thats okay, I know a lot of people have difficulty with someone saying they have not only seen a shadow person but they had people with them at the time who saw it too.

I hope at some point you experience one too.

I've seen them. They're a product of the imagination. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I've seen them. They're a product of the imagination. 

In your opinion its imagination.

And for those of us who saw one with other people who also saw it, then its not.