Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What do people think of this image?

AnnieBelles

Hi everyone, this picture was taken at brook red lion in Colchester it’s supposedly haunted, me and my mum were in the lounge area and my dog was on my mums lap I took about 5 photos of them and when going back through the pictures I noticed something at the bottom of the picture, there were pictures before and after this particular one and they were taken not even seconds apart and this is the only one it is in. I personally have seen faces whilst looking at the thing at the bottom of the screen but would be interested to see what others think.

53AB97E8-7D02-4626-BA06-61A0F9A7147F.jpeg

Not in the pics before or after huh? That is interesting. Maybe you could post those pics also, so we can compare, and look for clues?

With just the one pic, it looks like a powdered doughnut maybe hit the chair and left a mark.

Not being in the pics before and after... I'm not sure what it is. Looks like it could be what used to be called ectoplasm. I don't see any faces though.

Some people are going to say it is an artifact from the camera in some way. Maybe an out of focus dust mote close to the lens, or some such.

• Like 1

Looks like someone a door so light came in and made this sofa a bit whitish in some areas, or something else in that sense

• Like 2

Looking at it again, I think it possibly (on the side of the skeptic) could be a flashlight beam that comes from a flashlight with fading batteries. Or at least I believe a flashlight with a low power beam might make a similar appearing effect.

Looks like a reflection of light...on the arm of the sofa you have a similar thing, which means there is light coming from somewhere.

Reflections of light can appear different depending on the angles on which it is flecting off.

Do you have any other photos of that sofa and do you have the original take, i am assuming you have enlarged and cropped that section as i can not see why you would have taken that picture.

Please provide original pic, thankyou.

Is the op coming back or has the sofa swallowed her up? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NicoletteS said:

Looks like a dirty old couch. Probably crawling with bacteria. Definitely no faces.

I got a funny feeling we are not ginving the answers the op was hoping for. I am not going with a face either cos there is not one. 

• Like 1

Why do some people insist on seeing things where there is nothing???? Are you that desperate to find something paranormal?:wacko:

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I see a couch. Guess my pareidolia switch is in the off position today.

Its better for it too be off, keeps you grounded in reality!

5 minutes ago, jamesjr191 said:

Its better for it too be off, keeps you grounded in reality!

It's just a couch with a stain. Is there supposed to be something paranormal about it? Because I don't see it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It's just a couch with a stain. Is there supposed to be something paranormal about it? Because I don't see it. 

It is a rather ominous, spooky looking stain though. Possibly demonic, that is you ask the right kinda folks;)

Edited by jamesjr191
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do see a face. It's vague outline of Homer Simpson.

• Like 1

To the OP. All of us are equipped with something called pareidolia. It's a part of our pattern recognition software in our brains. It's how we used to see a potential threat in the wilderness. How we see faces in clouds, jesus in a slice of toast, and even hearing voices in the white noise of a fan. Our brains trying to make sense of random stimuli. Sorry to say I just don't see anything subjectively "paranormal" about this. 

I'd say there are way too many possibilities as to what this could be to label it paranormal, it very well could be but a white smug in a still photo is hardly conclusive evidence of the paranormal.

On 2018-10-13 at 3:48 PM, NicoletteS said:

Looks like a dirty old couch. Probably crawling with bacteria. Definitely no faces.

No faces only feces ;-)

• Like 1