Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sea Serpent Sighting

Lord Harry

45 minutes ago, Don Caesar said:

The video has been removed but I remember watching an episode of the UK television series: “Strange But True?” One of the segments details a modern day (forgot which year) encounter with a plesiosaur-like creature by two fishermen in Cornwall. 

The strange animal came up alongside their small fishing boat, its head and (long) neck clearly visible, as it observed the two frightened men.

One of the men was interviewed and identified it (from a book illustration) as a plesiosaur. Cryptozoologist, Karl Shuker, was also interviewed for this segment - very interesting.

I remember that episode. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, oldrover said:

I remember that episode. 

I must have seen that episode but I can't recall it, would love to see it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

I provided the citation above.  The accuracy of the event I cannot verify, all I can say is that the event was reported by two alleged eyewitnesses.

11 hours ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

This is a link to a few I found.

Source

The photograph from your source link CLEARLY demonstrates that the "monster" was NOT a Pleosoar. 

It is OBVIOUSLY an Elephant. 

Ummm...... 

.. which where native to Cornwall in the 19th Century. 

1 hour ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Thanks for that... I don't recall ever seeing that one.

You're welcome. The George Vinnicombe re-enactment is quite eerie.

Edited by Don Caesar
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Thanks for that... I don't recall ever seeing that one.

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

The photograph from your source link CLEARLY demonstrates that the "monster" was NOT a Pleosoar. 

It is OBVIOUSLY an Elephant. 

Ummm...... 

.. which where native to Cornwall in the 19th Century. 

The background to that photo, can be seen on Fortean TV. If you Googke Tony Doc Shiels Morgawr, it'll come come up. I won't link to it directly, because I think the link containing Shiels, parading his daughters around naked during his ritual to summon Morgawr, is a bit much. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldrover said:

The background to that photo, can be seen on Fortean TV. If you Googke Tony Doc Shiels Morgawr, it'll come come up. I won't link to it directly, because I think the link containing Shiels, parading his daughters around naked during his ritual to summon Morgawr, is a bit much. 

You do realise, I have to Google that now don't you? Just for research purposes...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2018 at 3:14 PM, Lord Harry said:

Thank you. I only wish I had the knowledge and finances to actively look for these animals in their natural habitat.

It takes $0 to explore your imagination.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

You do realise, I have to Google that now don't you? Just for research purposes...

TonyShiels-magician.jpg 

He is a witness beyond reproach. 

7 minutes ago, oldrover said:

TonyShiels-magician.jpg 

He is a witness beyond reproach. 

I have done a bit of research and watched his clips... he is an absolute fruit loop.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

This is a link to a few I found.

Source

Very good article and image.  I am by no means claiming the photograph is authentic (of an unknown animal), however, it cannot be the head and trunk of an elephant as one poster suggested.  It is too many humps to be an elephant's head. The second hump can neither be explained by a head body combination, the drop off is not steep enough.  The head of an elephant has a single hump.   See the attached image below:

image.png.7d17a112eb5b73540398568131b2c9a8.png

Edited by Lord Harry

5 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Very good article and image.  I am by no means claiming the photograph is authentic (of an unknown animal), however, it cannot be the head and trunk of an elephant as one poster suggested.  It is too many humps to be an elephant's head. The head of an elephant has a single hump.   See the attached image below:

image.png.7d17a112eb5b73540398568131b2c9a8.png

Yes. And see the attachment of the photographer above.

47 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

I have done a bit of research and watched his clips... he is an absolute fruit loop.

Tony Doc  Shiels was involved in all manner of lunacy back in the day. I tend to think he was probably parodying himself. But sympathy is limited after the daughters business. That is just not on.

• 3 weeks later...