Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Glenn Beck and Hebrews in North America

Piney

So now we know why it took 40 years to get to the promised land! They took a detour to America!

• Haha 6

22 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

So now we know why it took 40 years to get to the promised land! They took a detour to America!

I thought it was maybe a "election year" for Mitt Romney. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Piney said:

This is a hoot.  

I knew this guy was stupid, but this is a rare and very special sort of stupid only found in the U.S. 

It even have a scientific name. It's called Amerasininitis.  

@Swede  I have this urge to start snorting coke.....I don't know why...

Good thing you keep your immune system up....hear that special kind of stupid is contagious! :P

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Wistman said:

I....am....in.......awe.

I found this by accident. I can't watch FOX. I start bleeding from the eyes and ears....

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

I found this by accident. I can't watch FOX. I start bleeding from the eyes and ears....

You know, I've heard that happens.....

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Piney said:

This is a hoot.  

I knew this guy was stupid, but this is a rare and very special sort of stupid only found in the U.S. 

Good grief. How sad. Now I am not an archeologist or historian, but I am pretty sure such an artifact, if considered genuine, would have been examined in a somewhat better environment than a regular office. 

The one fellow was using a latex glove to hold it with, but it looked like they both touched with their bare hands. 

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Thanks 1

@Piney if you really want to know the truth about the Hebrews you might want to watch this video:

Warning: Violent womitting and hysterical laughter are common side effect from watching Spirit Science videos.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Piney said:

This is a hoot.  

This is a very special type of stupid. Does he win a prize?

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

@Piney if you really want to know the truth about the Hebrews you might want to watch this video:

Warning: Violent womitting and hysterical laughter are common side effect from watching Spirit Science videos.

Um, "Spirit Science"? Really? Delete this and watch from Swedish TV.

• Haha 1

There's a fruit for every occasion.:rolleyes: The Jews do have a much longer history in North America than they're often credited with, the Sephardim beat the Ashkenazim here by a couple  of hundred years. There's a history of Jewish participation in the Civil War and there's a Jewish Civil War Society. They don't go back any further than that, however.

Judah Philip Benjamin, QC (August 11, 1811 – May 6, 1884) was a lawyer and politician who was a United States Senator from Louisiana, a Cabinet officer of the Confederate States and, after his escape to the United Kingdom at the end of the American Civil War, an English barrister. Benjamin was the first Jew to be elected to the United States Senate who had not renounced that faith, and was the first Jew to hold a Cabinet position in North America.   wikipedia

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Piney said:

This is a hoot.  

What is your theory on how ancient Hebrew was claimed to be found in the Newark earthworks?

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

What is your theory on how ancient Hebrew was claimed to be found in the Newark earthworks?

Well, the conclusion most people reach is that was no ancient Hebrew found in New Jersey. Notice Beck shows nothing in situ and relies on second-hand accounst, more than 100 years old, and provides no substantiating evidence. And the 19th century was rife with newspapers just pulling stuff out of their ass to sell more copy.

Will you buy literally any old **** that calls itself "mysterious," or do you just have very, very low standards for believing things? Either way, PM me: I have some real estates offers that you won't belie...

Well, we all know you will. Takes a bit of sport out of it.

But not all.

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

There's a fruit for every occasion.:rolleyes: The Jews do have a much longer history in North America than they're often credited with, the Sephardim beat the Ashkenazim here by a couple  of hundred years. There's a history of Jewish participation in the Civil War and there's a Jewish Civil War Society. They don't go back any further than that, however.

Judah Philip Benjamin, QC (August 11, 1811 – May 6, 1884) was a lawyer and politician who was a United States Senator from Louisiana, a Cabinet officer of the Confederate States and, after his escape to the United Kingdom at the end of the American Civil War, an English barrister. Benjamin was the first Jew to be elected to the United States Senate who had not renounced that faith, and was the first Jew to hold a Cabinet position in North America.   wikipedia

I myself have held in my hands 18th Century letters to and from Jewish families living in North Carolina Colony and State.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Well, the conclusion most people reach is that was no ancient Hebrew found in New Jersey. Notice Beck shows nothing in situ and relies on second-hand accounst, more than 100 years old, and provides no substantiating evidence. And the 19th century was rife with newspapers just pulling stuff out of their ass to sell more copy.

Will you buy literally any old **** that calls itself "mysterious," or do you just have very, very low standards for believing things? Either way, PM me: I have some real estates offers that you won't belie...

But not all.

I myself have held in my hands 18th Century letters to and from Jewish families living in North Carolina Colony and State.

--Jaylemurph

From the 1600s on, first in the West Indies. A remarkable and resilient people.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Well first of all it was Ohio, but that is not terribly important. Glen Beck is not an archeologist but that guy in the second half of the video is Jim Vieira and someone who I feel deserves respect. (He has done TED talks). This story is bigger than Glen Beck.

44 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

I challenge you to produce a scarp of evidence that I 'bought' anything on this subject at this point. I just asked Piney a question 'What is your theory on how ancient Hebrew was claimed to be found in the Newark earthworks?' Comical how quickly you read 'Zed' from 'Alpha'.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Folks done gone and made **** up.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Folks done gone and made **** up.

Glen Beck is not an archeologist but that guy in the second half of the video is Jim Vieira and someone who I feel deserves respect. (He has done TED talks). This story is bigger than Glen Beck.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Glen Beck is not an archeologist but that guy in the second half of the video is Jim Vieira and someone who I feel deserves respect. (He has done TED talks). This story is bigger than Glen Beck.

Yes... and his TED talk went over so well, and was so well grounded in science that it was pulled from the Internet

https://tedxshelburnefalls.wordpress.com/2012/12/14/jim-vieiras-talk-removed-from-internet/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Yes... and his TED talk went over so well, and was so well grounded in science that it was pulled from the Internet

https://tedxshelburnefalls.wordpress.com/2012/12/14/jim-vieiras-talk-removed-from-internet/

Pulled from the Internet ? Well, it's available on youtube. 

Now, is anyone here claiming that this little stone object does NOT have hebrew writing on it ? 

Edited by RoofGardener

10 hours ago, Piney said:

but this is a rare and very special sort of stupid only found in the U.S. 

There ya go again, Piney... :D

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

There is no theory. It was a trade center during the Hopewell Horizon and Hebrews were never here. The "artifacts" were frauds. 

Not to defend Glenn Beck too much, but he left Fox News in 2011, and also has since become a lot less vocal on the many Conspiracy Theories he believed in. He still seems to believe a lot of nonsense, even for a religious person, but I do like a lot of his political ideas.

Not sure when this video is from by it is probably at least 8 years old. :rolleyes:

The problem with any artifact, found anywhere, is that unless it is well documented, it might just as well be a fake. 1000 year old Chinese coins found, say, on California beach don't prove anything. A German sword, say, found in a Nebraska cornfield is not proof of German exploration of the new world. It is more likely that such items were instead brought there much later and left behind, or lost. Same applies with this trinket... It's more likely someone brought it here from the Middle East, assuming it is real, and lost it.

7 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

My coworker's family was one of the families who escaped the Russian pogroms and settled in the Pine Barrens. They built a town called Rosenhayn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosenhayn,_New_Jersey

• Like 2

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Jim Vieira

He's a stone mason, not a archaeologist and has never worked for any museum, archaeology firm or has  been on any digs.

• Like 2