Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Glenn Beck and Hebrews in North America

Piney

46 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I'm not too privy on US politics. Why isn't there other parties or independents?

51 minutes ago, Harte said:

Because of money and morons...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, danydandan said:

I'm not too privy on US politics. Why isn't there other parties or independents?

Oh I don't really know much about Jefferson, did he actually draft the entire constitution and bills of rights?

My point was holding on to a government template in today's climate that was designed hundreds of years ago is strange.

The method for changing it is built into the template.  It's just that some people want to change it in certain ways they know the People would never agree to.

And, how long has there been a Parliament in England?

Harte

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harte said:

The method for changing it is built into the template.  It's just that some people want to change it in certain ways they know the People would never agree to.

And, how long has there been a Parliament in England?

Harte

I don't know, I think it was established in the 13th century!

But I'm Irish, so our parliament is quite young and our constitution is still developing really. The English parliament is sovereign, and they don't have a typical constitution its made up of basic bills and court rullings that the government or thr king/queen can dismiss at a whim, The US president and congress are sovereign, ( can specfic courts change the constitution ?). Although the US has better checks and balances. In Ireland the people are Sovereign. Which is easier because we are a small country. England has like 100million, US like 400million.

38 minutes ago, Harte said:

and Frank Herbert's projections in 'Heretics of Dune' and 'Chapterthouse Dune' are becoming a reality.  :unsure:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, danydandan said:

I don't know, I think it was established in the 13th century!

But I'm Irish, so our parliament is quite young and our constitution is still developing really. The English parliament is sovereign, and they don't have a typical constitution its made up of basic bills and court rullings that the government or thr king/queen can dismiss at a whim, The US president and congress are sovereign, ( can specfic courts change the constitution ?). Although the US has better checks and balances. In Ireland the people are Sovereign. Which is easier because we are a small country. England has like 100million, US like 400million.

The constitution can only be changed by the people through their representatives and any change must be ratified by the states. Alternatively, the States can organize a convention and rewrite the whole thing or part of it if they want. There's a movement right now for such a convention.

The courts interpret the constitution, which is where the wiggle room occurs.

The president and congress are not sovereign. The people are, through the electoral process.

Harte

• Like 3

On 18/10/2018 at 11:23 AM, Harte said:

The constitution can only be changed by the people through their representatives and any change must be ratified by the states. Alternatively, the States can organize a convention and rewrite the whole thing or part of it if they want. There's a movement right now for such a convention.

The courts interpret the constitution, which is where the wiggle room occurs.

The president and congress are not sovereign. The people are, through the electoral process.

Harte

I read that the elected officials are not bound by what the majority of their constituents want but merely can choose to vote in congress anyway they please?

7 hours ago, danydandan said:

I read that the elected officials are not bound by what the majority of their constituents want but merely can choose to vote in congress anyway they please?

Sure, if they don't care about staying in office. One house is voted in every 2 years. The other every 6.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2018 at 7:13 AM, danydandan said:

True. They are only representative in as far as they want to vote what would keep them elected in the next election. Which seems to work pretty well with the lower house of Congress, that is elected every two years.

Unfortunately most people seem to vote based on Political Party, straight down the line, and don't even consider the other guy. This is so well understood, that polling done of a couple hundred people in a district/state is considered to be a very close reflection of the actual election. All they have to do is ask political affiliation and they can assume after that. 

Thus demographic changes are more important to elections then actual political stands. Sigh....

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

True. They are only representative in as far as they want to vote what would keep them elected in the next election. Which seems to work pretty well with the lower house of Congress, that is elected every two years.

Unfortunately most people seem to vote based on Political Party, straight down the line, and don't even consider the other guy. This is so well understood, that polling done of a couple hundred people in a district/state is considered to be a very close reflection of the actual election. All they have to do is ask political affiliation and they can assume after that. 

Thus demographic changes are more important to elections then actual political stands. Sigh....

I'm a lifelong-long Republican and am ethically and morally conservative by nature, but I've never been a straight-ticket voter, to be sure. And in this last election, I had more than three brain cells functioning so I certainly did not vote for that absurd orange toddler who's in the White House right now.

With that said, let's leave politics to the political section and get back on track.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

With that said, let's leave politics to the political section and get back on track.

THANK YOU!! :yes:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Where did you find this Afrocentric crap?

Jefferson believed none of this dreck and his notes were actually lost. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

Where did you find this Afrocentric crap?

Jefferson believed none of this dreck and his notes were actually lost. 

you tube mate and i haven't watched it nor do i endorse any of it and to be perfectly honest my sole intention was that I'm bored and i wanted to stir the pot. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

you tube mate and i haven't watched it nor do i endorse any of it and to be perfectly honest my sole intention was that I'm bored and i wanted to stir the pot. 

Are you out of your ****ing mind?  :lol:

The narrator can't even speak in full sentences let alone read.  :yes:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Are you out of your ****ing mind?  :lol:

The narrator can't even speak in full sentences let alone read.  :yes:

okay just clicked onto it and it sounds like it was made by the Harlem Globe trotters. aren't you like 1/4 African American? this should appeal to you. 

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

okay just clicked onto it and it sounds like it was made by the Harlem Globe trotters. aren't you like 1/4 African American? this should appeal to you. 

1/8 

But I'm sure as Hell not a member of the bloody Nation of Islam. :wacko:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Piney said:

1/8 

But I'm sure as Hell not a member of the bloody Nation of Islam. :wacko:

Power, my brother!

• Haha 2