Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are there moonmoons orbiting other moons ?

UM-Bot

Juna Kollmeier and Sean Raymond - recently determined that the idea is plausible.

It is also plausible there is intelligent life on other planets somewhere, keep looking and maybe one day you will get your answer.

But plausible is not quite the same as discovered.

I say the same thing I said on another forum. They should obviously be called "moonlets"

Or maybe Chibi-Moons.

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 1

In a way our planet is a moon of the sun and we have a moon ourselves. So why not. Also I expect somewhere in the mysterious dark turbulent Pandoras box of space there's a smaller denser planet being orbited by a much lighter moon that's bigger than the parent body. Lastly you have what could be called a moonie. A planet with two round moons of equal size and shape close together and orbiting the same point in space really fast as a binary. The question is what to call them if each has one big ice volcano on them and no more.

Ones occupied by Alf Garnets perhaps. I didn't notice him earlier. Talk about spooky.

Edited by cyclopes500
Additional tect

So basically, if a moon is as large as Pluto, it can have moons of its own.  Make sense.  How much was this grant to theorize this?

On 14/10/2018 at 6:11 AM, Orphalesion said:

I say the same thing I said on another forum. They should obviously be called "moonlets"

Or maybe Chibi-Moons.

Came for the moonlets, leaving happy. How bout minimoons? Moonspawn? Got nothin.

Hank

How bout a moon within a moon?

Now that's something your not likely to see everyday!

Not Possible . 

for example.

earth capture by a bigger planet (planet-X) . somehow manage maintain stable gravity pull and become moon of planet-X.

earth moon on the other hand will not be able continue orbiting earth because , it will be pull  by planet-X and become planet-X moon

if earth manage to pull back , this will cause stand still between  earth and planet-X .  which mean when earth orbiting planet-X , the moon will follow. 

can we call such situation moonmoon orbiting other moom ?