Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientific Proof of Sasquatch

Guyver

3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

In a physics book the introduction starts with a discussion of the tale of a city of gold and the conquistadors effort to find that city. At the time it was possible that such a city existed. Launching expeditions to look through the uncharted area was a reasonable thing to do. But it would not make sense to launch such an expedition today since we know the area in great detail and there is no place for that city of gold to exist.

Crypto believers often point to things like the okapi and the gorilla and other animals. They point out these were found. In fact, they were found rather quickly and quickly had samples allowing scientific analysis. Patches of fur and other things were quickly located. The same cannot be stated of bigfoot. Despite many more people and many more years there is no a tooth, bone, hair, scat, blood, or anything else to show for the effort. 

Bigfoot shows pretend to go beyond showing the existence. They pretend to know characteristics of this unseen no evidence idea. They will assign sounds to them, habits to them, diets to them, etc. Yet they cannot come up with a hair sample or a good photo. Bigfootery is about pretending and making up excuses.

Well said. 

No hair is very damming to the believers argument.  It essentially voids any of the supposed found nests of the creature.   Any large hairy animal would leave hairs where they nest.   I also think it voids most sightings where the person claims to know exactly where the bigfoot was going through dense foliage.    

• Like 1

On 07/11/2018 at 2:22 PM, stereologist said:

So you can explain away scat - maybe. That requires 100% usage of bodies of water o hide the scat. But that does not cover lack of teeth, bones, hair even if they 100% used water as a toilet.

The camera stuff just suggest that 100% of the people are incompetent with poor equipment. Not buying that either. I think that the issue is that only crappy pictures are given because the rest of the  photos identify the subjects as something other than a blursquatch. The shaking of the camera allows for the identify of the photo subject to not be identified.

Then you point out why people can be avoided and why they miss things in the woods. That doesn't explain why people see elusive animals such as cougars, bears, martens, mink, wolves, foxes, etc. in the woods.

Simply not buying these arguments. They are excuses as to the failure of the finding of BF and are clearly not applicable to animals that have been found and recorded in the wild.

Early man is known to have buried their dead as well as Neanderthal man, so there is the possibility that these creatures could also.

The camera stuff is something one can always test if one chooses to do so.

Yes, people see elusive animals, animals have behavioural traits, feeding habits and predictable patterns. Living in Africa, there are enough elusive nocturnal creatures that are spotted from time to time, but then I have also witnessed the fact that people had to have an Elephant pointed out which was less than 30 metres from them just standing in the bush. Just as one is able to track an animal through the bush, its just as impossible to track a Koisan (Bushman) through the same bush. Animal behaviour versus intelligence and knowledge of what to do and what not to do when travelling so as not to leave an indication of passing.

For a creature to remain as elusive as it has for such a length of time suggests that there is a level of intelligence above that of just simple animal.Maybe not on a par with humans, but certainly intelligent enough to realise the danger humans pose to it, and the ability to convey that danger to its young and thus down through the generations to ensure survival. Or should we say intelligent enough for the creature to have either developed an instinctual reaction of flight over fight in the presence of humans or an ability of generational conveyance of knowledge of that danger.

Not trying to sell any arguments, simply stating the fact that humans dont live in nature, but only pass through it from time to time, and have habits and patterns that can be avoided if something with intelligence chooses or knows how to do so.

Edited by DodgyDaoist
Responded inside quote by mistake.

7 minutes ago, DodgyDaoist said:

simply stating the fact that humans dont live in nature

Many humans live in and spend much time in nature.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DodgyDaoist said:

Early man is known to have buried their dead as well as Neanderthal man, so there is the possibility that these creatures could also.

The camera stuff is something one can always test if one chooses to do so.

Yes, people see elusive animals, animals have behavioural traits, feeding habits and predictable patterns. Living in Africa, there are enough elusive nocturnal creatures that are spotted from time to time, but then I have also witnessed the fact that people had to have an Elephant pointed out which was less than 30 metres from them just standing in the bush. Just as one is able to track an animal through the bush, its just as impossible to track a Koisan (Bushman) through the same bush. Animal behaviour versus intelligence and knowledge of what to do and what not to do when travelling so as not to leave an indication of passing.

For a creature to remain as elusive as it has for such a length of time suggests that there is a level of intelligence above that of just simple animal.Maybe not on a par with humans, but certainly intelligent enough to realise the danger humans pose to it, and the ability to convey that danger to its young and thus down through the generations to ensure survival. Or should we say intelligent enough for the creature to have either developed an instinctual reaction of flight over fight in the presence of humans or an ability of generational conveyance of knowledge of that danger.

Not trying to sell any arguments, simply stating the fact that humans dont live in nature, but only pass through it from time to time, and have habits and patterns that can be avoided if something with intelligence chooses or knows how to do so.

So if they bury their dead then we'd find the burials wouldn't we? As you point out Neanderthal man buried their dead. How do we know? Because quite a few burials have been found.

So some people are unable to see an elephant nearby. That simply has nothing to do with the fact that no one gets any clear evidence of BF. Let's suppose no one can track a Koisan. Does that mean that they do not exist? No.

The problem with the intelligence idea and the cleverness idea is that BF never really does anything with their cleverness. Suppose they are more clever that people. Well no tools or homes are made. Maybe they are so clever they never apply their cleverness. Take people. They get killed by fires, floods, cars, storms, lightning and yet we never find a clever BF killed.

Some humans do live in nature. Most do not. Is it possible to avoid detection endlessly by a population of animals? Sure if they are smaller. Some bird species are found not to be extinct. Some birds are even brightly colored. But an 8 foot tall creature is not small. It is noticed. Yet it is so clever it never leaves evidence behind except for well formed footprints in mud that could easily be avoided.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2018 at 9:09 PM, Guyver said:

Good post Dan.  On the first link.....

"And what of the reported tooth marks?  This is a part of the report I have not yet considered in detail. I would be surprised to find that the tooth marks could not be reasonably attributed to non-human carnivores (perhaps more than one kind). But I'll reserve comment on that until I read through their analysis carefully. "

I find this odd because it is the bite marks themselves that should be of the greatest interest.  These will distinguish bear, cougar, coyote or other species.  

Im not going to watch that video, ive seen so many silly ones before. But one point -- they are called carnivores, that meaning they hunt and kill prey (i assume something not too small if its going to feed a bigfoot family) and ive never heard any of the millions of hunters and trekkers suddenly find a carcass that is eaten in an unusal, human like way,. With all that follows with taking apart a, say, deer in a way that dont coincide with regular predators (After all a primate would be a very unusual predator). There would be unusual tooth marks and ripping apart of the prey, and hair and droppings that would be different than ususal.

Also, as a lion or bear would stay with the prey to defend it and eat for days, they would likely sleep there for several days and make some kind of marks after that (Nests like gorillas?) Anyways any speacial marks after spending time at a carcass for several days, or even hours.. 

In my opinion, if they exist (the bigfeet) they would be omnivores and scavengers in order to let us bypass all that carnivore problem.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2018 at 2:43 PM, sci-nerd said:

Footprints and teeth marks are not enough to prove a new species. We need remains or a living specimen.

This is pretty much it in a nutshell i do not support killing anything to prove it was alive i find that oxymoronic

But with so many hunters out there stop making excuses and show us the body.

Dead or preferable alive

Edited by the13bats

As far as the title of this thread, has anyone provided scientific proof of the animal? Proof that is peer reviewed and supports the claim that this undiscovered animal exists? No. The thing that sucks is I wanted it to be real, I really did.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Trelane said:

As far as the title of this thread, has anyone provided scientific proof of the animal? Proof that is peer reviewed and supports the claim that this undiscovered animal exists? No. The thing that sucks is I wanted it to be real, I really did.

I hear you, i too would be thrilled if BF was proven to exist, i doubt very few wouldnt at least find it cool but when all is said and done all we have is true believers belief and anecdotal evedence and basically zero science, yeah, it does suck.

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎10‎-‎14 at 3:09 PM, Guyver said:

Good post Dan.  On the first link.....

"And what of the reported tooth marks?  This is a part of the report I have not yet considered in detail. I would be surprised to find that the tooth marks could not be reasonably attributed to non-human carnivores (perhaps more than one kind). But I'll reserve comment on that until I read through their analysis carefully. "

I find this odd because it is the bite marks themselves that should be of the greatest interest.  These will distinguish bear, cougar, coyote or other species.  

First very few hunters would take the front quarters over the hind and back straps, they would be the first to be harvested. However the front quarters contain the good stuff, heart, liver, kidneys and lots of minerals, with blood, all important in living in a harsh environment.

Edited by CuCulaine

On 11/4/2018 at 12:53 PM, Guyver said:

I don’t doubt you.  Question, have you ever observed a cougar while in the woods?

On 11/4/2018 at 3:51 PM, Trelane said:

Yes

Most likely you were mistaken.  It was probably some other animal you saw.   Maybe an owl?

28 minutes ago, supervike said:

Most likely you were mistaken.  It was probably some other animal you saw.   Maybe an owl?

No, no mistaken identification. I took pictures of it and several other animals during the trip. Overall, it was a very rewarding camping trip .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

No, no mistaken identification. I took pictures of it and several other animals during the trip. Overall, it was a very rewarding camping trip .

I never caught a picture of the b***** that was following me. But I caught her "pounce" marks when she took down a deer. Always wish I got a picture but I didn't need a "turnaround" to happen when trying to track her.

5a30614b16285_CAT_TRACK_3(1).JPG.82f0fef435174855307b4840e170bfb3 (1).JPG

Edited by Piney
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Piney said:

I never caught a picture of the b***** that was following me. But I caught her "pounce" marks when she took down a deer. Always wish I got a picture but I didn't need a "turnaround" to happen when trying to track her.

5a30614b16285_CAT_TRACK_3(1).JPG.82f0fef435174855307b4840e170bfb3 (1).JPG

OMG there is a yeti foot in the pic ;-)

• Like 1

On 12/24/2018 at 7:32 PM, Trelane said:

Photoshopped, I'm sure....

LOL...sorry, I'm just messing around.  I don't doubt you at all.

• Like 1

I'm a skeptic but i would enjoy someone proving there is a large bi pedial hominid out there so while i wait for jethro to hit a bf with his pick up or some dna like brian skyes did with the yeti i have a bit of a gap in my skepticism,

Footprints, sure a lot started with wallace faking them and people like chilcut having to rethink his dermal ridges debate i know about animal prints getting double stepped or morphing but should i really take it 100% of so called bf prints are either dilberate fakes or mismislabeled?

I had some respect for the late dr grover krantz who wrote bigfoot prints but he based his belief on it then later people popped up with the fakes they used to make prints some he thought were real.

So blurry out of focus pictures mean zero to me and anecdotal means even less, to wrap it up i need to say yeah, 100% of the footprints are anything except bigfoot.