Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientific Proof of Sasquatch

Guyver

2 hours ago, Podo said:

He is a legit scientist, but one that is clearly off his rocker. He believes in sasquatch far too strongly to be objective anymore.

I think you’re probably partly right.  I think he does “believe” in Sasquatch.  He has written an article about the flexible foot morphology demonstrated by alleged tracks, clearly made by a bipedal animal.  And, I don’t know anyone more academically qualified to speak on such matters.  There may be people like that out there, but I’m not aware of them.  But I don’t think that’s why he believes.  I think he believes because he’s had an experience or two, or more if he’s lucky with something he can’t really prove but this “legend” is the best fit.  I mean, this thing goes way back before 1958 and that’s easily documented.

Anyway, I read of an experience he had in the Six Rivers Wilderness, a place I myself have been in pursuit of this phenomenon, and I find it credible.

15 hours ago, Guyver said:

I think you’re probably partly right.  I think he does “believe” in Sasquatch.  He has written an article about the flexible foot morphology demonstrated by alleged tracks, clearly made by a bipedal animal.  And, I don’t know anyone more academically qualified to speak on such matters.  There may be people like that out there, but I’m not aware of them.  But I don’t think that’s why he believes.  I think he believes because he’s had an experience or two, or more if he’s lucky with something he can’t really prove but this “legend” is the best fit.  I mean, this thing goes way back before 1958 and that’s easily documented.

Anyway, I read of an experience he had in the Six Rivers Wilderness, a place I myself have been in pursuit of this phenomenon, and I find it credible.

Not everything he says is crazy, and his scholarship about non-sasquatch stuff appears to be totally fine. Not even everything sasquatch-related that he says is bonkers. He just seems too committed to be reliable. A lot of his sasquatch stuff that I've read and/or watched shows him seemingly jumping to some pretty crazy conclusions. Not all the time, but just enough that it makes me hesitate to fully trust his work.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Podo said:

Not everything he says is crazy, and his scholarship about non-sasquatch stuff appears to be totally fine. Not even everything sasquatch-related that he says is bonkers. He just seems too committed to be reliable. A lot of his sasquatch stuff that I've read and/or watched shows him seemingly jumping to some pretty crazy conclusions. Not all the time, but just enough that it makes me hesitate to fully trust his work.

He used the Ancient Aliens way of thinking.   Ignore what goes against what you want to be true and find a space for what you have to fit in.

- I heard a noise.  It must have been bigfoot.

- Look at these sticks.   Bigfoot must have placed them that way.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Myles said:

He used the Ancient Aliens way of thinking.   Ignore what goes against what you want to be true and find a space for what you have to fit in.

- I heard a noise.  It must have been bigfoot.

- Look at these sticks.   Bigfoot must have placed them that way.

Yes, exactly. He is taking his belief that sasquatch is true and working backwards from that. That isn't science, it's fundamentalism masquerading as logic.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Habitat said:

Fairly common words, some of those, I prefer this :

floccinaucinihilipilification

Apparently it means an estimation of uselessness, and I would say as a word to introduce into a discussion, would be quite useless.

That is ridiculously too long. Its not even welsh! 

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Its way too big a word for my small brain.... so I officially rename it: floccinphilip.  

20 hours ago, Guyver said:

I think you’re probably partly right.  I think he does “believe” in Sasquatch.  He has written an article about the flexible foot morphology demonstrated by alleged tracks, clearly made by a bipedal animal.  And, I don’t know anyone more academically qualified to speak on such matters.  There may be people like that out there, but I’m not aware of them.

Paleontologists, forensic anthropologists, and a number of others would be the ones.  The "bigfoot track" cast he shows does not show any evidence that it was made by a living thing.  It has all the appearance of being an object that was "stamped" into the ground.

Tracks show that there was something there that moved (something had to walk or run to that spot and then move away) -- so the surface shows depths in some areas and isn't flat.  Also, recently trampled grasses and a footprint aren't things you find from a site that's over 6 months old (those bones were not fresh.)

• Like 3

On 2018-10-14 at 8:35 PM, Guyver said:

I just came across some information regarding the topic of Sasquatch, and scientific evidence pertaining to its existence.  The author of the article claims to make all the data available free of charge for any interested person or scientific group who wishes to confirm or dispute these findings.  Is this the type of scientific evidence that you accept that points to the existence of a large hominin type creature living near St. Helen's?

Seeing that pic makes me wonder where his hand have been.... the horror!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, freetoroam said:

And it is seemingly inspired by my profile quote, where it's been for about 12 months...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

And it is seemingly inspired by my profile quote, where it's been for about 12 months...

Honest injun , (as always) I have never even noticed that, before you just mentioned it ! Weird, hey ! Spooky almost !

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Hoe did i miss that! Lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Avalanche said:

Seeing that pic makes me wonder where his hand have been.... the horror!!!

I mean, that is really one of the most ridiculous pictures ever.  It’s like a troll ewok.  I could see why people would just point and laugh at this thread just because of that.  I would.  Opps....I made the thread.  Well, we need something to talk about every now and again.  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:04 PM, Guyver said:

Right.  I object to the use of "proof" in this context as well.  I'm really just reporting on the information rather than defending the ways it's been presented.  I'm guessing that eventually someone will actually be interested in providing their opinion on the actual facts of this case rather than attemtping to turn the thread into a comedy number.  

I have posted in other threads covering this topic so I'll provide my opinion. As a kid growing up I was fascinated with the idea of there being an animal like Bigfoot. So, as I got older I wanted to go out and see for myself.

I have been on several trips throughout the U.S. and Canada for over 20 plus years venturing out into the wilderness. This has been on my own, with my brother and also during my duty related "camping" trips for the Army. I ventured to some of the most remote and beautiful places North America has to offer. Not once during any of my trips did I encounter anything related to the creature. No sightings, footprints, hairs, scat, howls or screams. Nothing. At. All.

I personally do not think the animal exists.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Trelane said:

I have posted in other threads covering this topic so I'll provide my opinion. As a kid growing up I was fascinated with the idea of there being an animal like Bigfoot. So, as I got older I wanted to go out and see for myself.

I have been on several trips throughout the U.S. and Canada for over 20 plus years venturing out into the wilderness. This has been on my own, with my brother and also during my duty related "camping" trips for the Army. I ventured to some of the most remote and beautiful places North America has to offer. Not once during any of my trips did I encounter anything related to the creature. No sightings, footprints, hairs, scat, howls or screams. Nothing. At. All.

I personally do not think the animal exists.

Me too.  After I watched the Legend Meets Science, I also decided I would do some field time in it.  I could rattle off a dozen places I searched.  I did end up with an experience and found some tracks.  But I didn’t view the creature, so I can’t claim to know if it exists or not.  My opinion is that it may or may not exist.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Guyver said:

Me too.  After I watched the Legend Meets Science, I also decided I would do some field time in it.  I could rattle off a dozen places I searched.  I did end up with an experience and found some tracks.  But I didn’t view the creature, so I can’t claim to know if it exists or not.  My opinion is that it may or may not exist.

Hi Guyver - Could you describe your experience for us? Did you document the tracks?

22 hours ago, Night Walker said:

Hi Guyver - Could you describe your experience for us? Did you document the tracks?

I was camping in Skookum Meadows and set bait traps.  There were many black bears in the area.  We determined they were not pleased because we were camped in their access to the river.  So, they were complaining in bear talk.  I mean, they know better than to approach rednecks with guns.  

Anyway, just after dusk, we heard something come up the creek and it was big.  We grabbed the low light binocs, the starlight scope and some weapons.  Then the thing sounded off.  It was scary.  I’ve never heard anything like it.  I made all the black bears go scattering.  It was no grizzly sound like I’ve ever heard.  Next morning we found the tracks and they looked like Sasquatch.  We did not document them except with video camera.  The fruit had been taken and there were some apples left with bite marks.  But the marks appeared to have been caused by something with sharp pointy teeth.  So, IDK.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I was camping in Skookum Meadows and set bait traps.  There were many black bears in the area.  We determined they were not pleased because we were camped in their access to the river.  So, they were complaining in bear talk.  I mean, they know better than to approach rednecks with guns.  

Tip top ... complaining in bear talk ... been in the jungle enough to know exactly what that means.

Wild elephants ... they just sound so much louder in the wild, in enclosed spaces they are much more polite, maybe they'll probably blow off their ears if they go full pitch in a zoo enclosure

~

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Guyver said:

Anyway, just after dusk, we heard something come up the creek and it was big.  We grabbed the low light binocs, the starlight scope and some weapons.  Then the thing sounded off.  It was scary.  I’ve never heard anything like it.  I made all the black bears go scattering.  It was no grizzly sound like I’ve ever heard.  Next morning we found the tracks and they looked like Sasquatch.  We did not document them except with video camera.  The fruit had been taken and there were some apples left with bite marks.  But the marks appeared to have been caused by something with sharp pointy teeth.  So, IDK.

Thank you, Guyver.

By "dusk" do you mean the darker stage of twilight, right? Was Sasquatch the focus of this camping trip? How many in this group? What kind of bait traps were set?

Are you able to describe the sound you heard? Duration? 

What do you mean when you say "Next morning we found the tracks and they looked like Sasquatch"? I'm just seeking a bit of clarity here - a quick image search of "sasquatch tracks" reveals a very broad spectrum in regards to what people consider potential Sasquatch tracks to be...

What did the other members of the group have to say to you about the experience? 

10 hours ago, Night Walker said:

Thank you, Guyver.

By "dusk" do you mean the darker stage of twilight, right? Was Sasquatch the focus of this camping trip? How many in this group? What kind of bait traps were set?

Are you able to describe the sound you heard? Duration? 

What do you mean when you say "Next morning we found the tracks and they looked like Sasquatch"? I'm just seeking a bit of clarity here - a quick image search of "sasquatch tracks" reveals a very broad spectrum in regards to what people consider potential Sasquatch tracks to be...

What did the other members of the group have to say to you about the experience? 

Yes.....I'd say it was actually dark or very near it when the sound came.  It was myself and one other interested person.  We called it a camping trip, but we were actually interested in exploring the phenomenon to determine if it was a real thing, or a folktale - if at all possible.  We ended up doing about three weeks in the field.  We did quite a bit of research before this trip, attempting to find the most likely places to experience an encounter or find some evidence.  Skookum Meadows was one place, and Indian Heaven Wilderness was another.  

Anything in the St.Helens - Mount Adams area is good, I think.  It's been quite a while now, and you know how memories go....but I do recall thinking the sound was like a giant gorilla.  The footprints were 5 toed, no claws, shaped like a human's but with pure flat foot, and 19 inches long....as i recall.  The other member of the group was certain we had encountered a sasquatch.  FWIW.  

• Thanks 1

Oh....forgot the question on bait traps.  We used apples, vegetables like carrots and so forth.....potatoes.......and I don't remember what else maybe bananas and peanut butter.  I do know that the potatoes were not touched at all, when other items had been eaten.  I thought that was odd.  

We tried to set them in places where footprint evidence could be gathered to determine what type of animal had taken the bait.  As it turns out, the bait site that was hit the night of the "scream" or whatever you want to call it was set on gravel substrate that didn't lend itself to casting the prints very well.  

I should also say, that although black bears were all around us......we had to look long and hard to find their tracks.  So, in my experience finding clearly defined tracks out in the wilderness is not as easy as people may think.  

• Thanks 1

Scientific proof, at this point, is a debatable necessity.

They're real, however, whether or not an official acknowledgment of this would be a benefit or a detriment to the species remains an arguable point. 

On 23/10/2018 at 8:52 PM, PrisonerX said:

They're real...

Your unsupported opinion is very important to us.  Please hold the line - I'm sure that real soon now, someone with evidence will arrive..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/16/2018 at 8:27 AM, freetoroam said:

But the ebullient tone of the saxicolous who has the need to be a sesquipedalian  is a clear sign of their  idiosyncratic-ism.

(Yep, i did the google thing). 

For anyone interested:

Ebullient zestfully enthusiastic

saxicolous one who lives under a rock

sesquipedalian one who uses big words

idiosyncratic belonging to one's peculiar and individual character

Big words nice

Make speaking pretty

• Haha 2

With all the fakery and hoaxes in this field, it’s easy to see why people would dismiss it.  I mean, Tom Biscardi?!  What an idiot.  Talk about your fifteen minutes being a fail!  Going on national television claiming you are revealing a sasquatch body, when you know it’s a fake?  Just stupid.  Not to mention all the other wackos.  It seems like everything that comes out is bogus.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a clear camera trap photo by now.  It seems unlikely to me that there wouldn’t be.

2 minutes ago, Guyver said:

With all the fakery and hoaxes in this field, it’s easy to see why people would dismiss it.  I mean, Tom Biscardi?!  What an idiot.  Talk about your fifteen minutes being a fail!  Going on national television claiming you are revealing a sasquatch body, when you know it’s a fake?  Just stupid.  Not to mention all the other wackos.  It seems like everything that comes out is bogus.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a clear camera trap photo by now.  It seems unlikely to me that there wouldn’t be.

There are no trap photos because bigfoot does not exist. 

Based on the nondivergant big toe alone, bigfoot would have to be a home or home ancestor. Paranthropus, maybe.  But paranthropus never left Africa and has been extinct for what, 3 million years? 2.5 million?

Besides, they weren't large in height. No homo ancestors were. While it would be amazing if they were real, they just aren't. Everything we know about primates shows that they just cannot be real. 

• Like 2