Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientific Proof of Sasquatch

Guyver

On 10/28/2018 at 4:46 PM, Guyver said:

You say that as if you think the fossil record is a complete record.  It’s not.  There could be a thousand species similar that we are unaware of that once lived.  Anyway, on your first statement, you say that as if it’s a fact but it isn’t.  It’s an unknown.  The creature may exist and has remained undiscovered, like every other undiscovered species is....at this time.

i guess I just don’t understand how you can make a claim about something when in fact you don’t know it to be true.  In order for sasquatch to not exist, every eyewitness account must be a misidentification or fabrication, and every single track ever observed or recorded must be faked.  That’s unlikely in my opinion, but apparently not in yours.

I think it is extremely likely. Maybe you want to pretend that there are no fakers out there. The simple fact is that despite forest fires, floods, many people, cars, bear lines, trail cams, and so forth there is nothing at all that has been discovered.

Want to consider rare things? Consider the arrival of people across the Bering land bridge. People are found. Artifacts are found. Where they lived has been found.

The fossil record is clear. No large apes in North America.

Eyewitness accounts are common and they often happen in well traveled areas. They happen in small areas. But is there DNA? Are there hairs? Is there anything that can be assigned to BF? No. No. No. Are there bones? Are there teeth? NO. No.

Do people make misidentifications? All of the time. Look at how many people get falsely found guilty of crimes. Look at newspapers where there are witnesses making statements that video camera show to be false.

Maybe that is unlikely in your opinion, but that is what BF is: wishful opinion and zero evidence.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/28/2018 at 6:05 PM, Lord Harry said:

Regarding fossilized remains, gigantopithecus comes to mind as a likely candidate.  Last I checked there have been no paleontological expeditions to search for giganto fossils in North America.

Giganto is related to orangutans. It was a knuckle walker and habitual quadruped. It is not a likely candidate as it feed many on bamboo and other foliage not native to the pacific northwest. It would not have made the migration to N America.

• Like 4

On 10/28/2018 at 6:18 PM, Jenn8779 said:

Do you know if they have found anything more than teeth and jaw bones of this animal yet?

Doesn't matter. From just the teeth of an ape you can infer diet, age, locomotion, group size and social system. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn’t agree with zero evidence at all stereologist.  So, we disagree.  But it doesn’t really need to be something to debate for me.  Evidence of it will either come to light or it won’t.  

I will say this, to people reading....there are many reports of people encountering these animals and having rocks or boulders thrown at them.  The misidentification angle doesn’t work on this point because there are no known animals in North America with the ability to throw rocks.....so, basically one has to assume that every single person who has reported this is lying.

Yet, we as humans are good at telling when people are lying as most of our communication is nonverbal.

1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Doesn't matter. From just the teeth of an ape you can infer diet, age, locomotion, group size and social system. 

I'm sorry, but if you're imaginary than how on earth can you talk?

37 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

I'm sorry, but if you're imaginary than how on earth can you talk?

I can't. 

You are imagining it 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

I wouldn’t agree with zero evidence at all stereologist.  So, we disagree.  But it doesn’t really need to be something to debate for me.  Evidence of it will either come to light or it won’t.  

I will say this, to people reading....there are many reports of people encountering these animals and having rocks or boulders thrown at them.  The misidentification angle doesn’t work on this point because there are no known animals in North America with the ability to throw rocks.....so, basically one has to assume that every single person who has reported this is lying.

Yet, we as humans are good at telling when people are lying as most of our communication is nonverbal.

Humans are known to throw rocks.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Guyver said:

So where is the evidence? There are all sorts of stories but zero evidence.

Stories are stories.

The idea that the stories of stone throwing are anything other than stories is a joke. They are just stories. The misidentification angle does work. People hear a noise in the woods and they think that someone threw a stone or a stick. I hear a branch fall in the forest and other people think it is a bear.

The failure is to pretend that "every single person who has reported this is lying". No they misidentified what they experienced. Sure some people lie. The BF in the freezer liar. The Todd Standish liar. But the majority of the people are mistaken. Being mistaken is not lying.

People stink "at telling when people are lying" You want evidence? Look at groups of people deciding court cases in the street. You have two groups. One believes the witness and the other thinks the witness is lying. The notion that people are good at getting vibes or whatever to determine if someone is honest is a joke. Look back at the ten of thousands that fell for 2012. Look at the people fooling themselves with homeopathic medicines. Look at the people tricked by Madoff. Look at the people tricked by politicians. Look at the scammers fleecing people of their money. People are NOT good "at telling when people are lying".

So where is there any evidence of BF? You claim it is not zero so please tell us about this evidence.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, stereologist said:

People are NOT good "at telling when people are lying".

I don't know whether to believe you when you say that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Guyver said:

That is where humans become part of it.  

I also don't think most people are lying.   They just tend to jump to conclusions.  

• Like 5

My cousin believes he has seen a Bigfoot. I know he's not lying.

The thing is he has brain damage from a vehicle accident. He's confusing a BF documentary from the late 70's early 80's of a deer hunter's story with when he used to hunt. I do not tell him this, but I recognized the story when he first told it. 

People do lie, and people even considered learned make mistakes. Ever hear of the cop chasing a ufo that was venus?

I have been in the woods months at a time (even longer) in areas NE that had reported sightings. Only tree knocking was from woodpeckers, screams from raccoons, or foxes, branches fall all the time on their own, and only black bears romping around.

If a few people started saying BF has the habit of making square patterns out of sticks placed outside their tents. Guess what? More people will say it as well with a flood of videos. People are "Me too" because it's exciting to be a part of a unique group. It's stupid, but people are people.

No body. No BF, or Big Farce rather.

Credible witnesses..... Give me a break.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Myles said:

That is where humans become part of it.  

I also don't think most people are lying.   They just tend to jump to conclusions.  

Yep, I'm quoting myself.  :D

Just wanted to add that the encounters that are based off of only sound are the worst.  Too much stuff like "I've been in the woods a long time and never heard an animal that sounded like that".   Must be bigfoot!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hello Davros Kitty said:

My cousin believes he has seen a Bigfoot. I know he's not lying.

The thing is he has brain damage from a vehicle accident. He's confusing a BF documentary from the late 70's early 80's of a deer hunter's story with when he used to hunt. I do not tell him this, but I recognized the story when he first told it. 

People do lie, and people even considered learned make mistakes. Ever hear of the cop chasing a ufo that was venus?

I have been in the woods months at a time (even longer) in areas NE that had reported sightings. Only tree knocking was from woodpeckers, screams from raccoons, or foxes, branches fall all the time on their own, and only black bears romping around.

The branches reminds me that one of the scariest stories to tell while camping involves sticks falling.    It works great on kids because later while they are in their tents, sticks will fall as they will all night long.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Humans are known to throw rocks.

You got 5 likes for that.  Uh....yep.  Humans know how to throw rocks.  That is true.  

• Like 1

So.....I don't know how many of you have ever actually been in the woods, in remote locations, at night....all alone, or with companion (s) but I can tell you this.  Making the choice to sneak up on a group of rednecks at night, while way out in the deep rocks and throwing rocks at them is likely to result in your own shooting death.  Or injury.  So, hmmn.....let's think about it.  

Well, sure.....humans can throw rocks....so that must be the only possible explanation.  Right.  

6 hours ago, oldrover said:

I don't know whether to believe you when you say that.

He'd be wrong.  We tested it.  Myself and a group of friends played a game called two truths and one lie.  You tell two true stories, and one false, and the group decides which one is false.  No one fooled the group.  

Besides that, there is a science to it.  Professionals can read peoples facial expressions to determine deception.  

10 minutes ago, Guyver said:

So.....I don't know how many of you have ever actually been in the woods, in remote locations, at night....all alone, or with companion (s) but I can tell you this.  Making the choice to sneak up on a group of rednecks at night, while way out in the deep rocks and throwing rocks at them is likely to result in your own shooting death.  Or injury.  So, hmmn.....let's think about it.  

Lets think about that.    You are saying that humans throwing rocks would likely result in their shooting death, but if it were a big ape, it would be just fine.  

My money is still on humans.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Myles said:

Lets think about that.    You are saying that humans throwing rocks would likely result in their shooting death, but if it were a big ape, it would be just fine.  

My money is still on humans.   

I’m speaking to you and everyone here.  I’d like to know how many of you would go into remote sections of the woods, tens, dozens, or hundreds of miles in, to hide out and wait for some people to come by, then follow them back to their camp and wait for nightfall so that you could throw rocks at them?

have you ever done such a thing?  Do you know anyone who has?

Have you ever hiked dozens of mile into remote woods with only what you can carry on your back?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

I’m speaking to you and everyone here.  I’d like to know how many of you would go into remote sections of the woods, tens, dozens, or hundreds of miles in, to hide out and wait for some people to come by, then follow them back to their camp and wait for nightfall so that you could throw rocks at them?

Have you ever hiked dozens of mile into remote woods with only what you can carry on your back?

I have, and still do for well over 25 years. Sometimes twice a year on camping expeditions. Most recently in the vicinity of Sullivan Mountain in Washington. Then there are other times I'm required to as part of the U.S. Army. Nothing, zilch, nada. No rocks thrown at me, howls, screams, scat, hair, fur, shadows, glimpses, or footprints. Not one bit of evidence. Not....one....single....bit.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Guyver said:

He'd be wrong.  We tested it.  Myself and a group of friends played a game called two truths and one lie.  You tell two true stories, and one false, and the group decides which one is false.  No one fooled the group.  

Besides that, there is a science to it.  Professionals can read peoples facial expressions to determine deception.  

You misunderstood my post, I was joking with stereologist based on how self evidently true his post was. I'm not into nonsense sorry.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Guyver said:

and how many of the people that go out there have told people they are going camping.. 

mate if I had a friend saying he was going camping.. and I knew he was slightly gullible.. I would go out and throw rocks for the whole laugh factor.. but that a aussie sense of humor :D

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Guyver said:

Doesn't it stand to reason that, if Big Feet were brazen enough to throw rocks at people... surely someone would have killed one by now?  

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2018 at 11:12 PM, Guyver said:

Where is the evidence? You stated here quite clearly that you "wouldn’t agree with zero evidence at all"

Please provide the evidence.

I certainly am not aware of any evidence. I would not be asking if I were aware f any. I'd simply post it.Seems no other poster than you believes that evidence exists. I think a lot of posters would be interested.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

Where is the evidence? You stated here quite clearly that you "wouldn’t agree with zero evidence at all"

Please provide the evidence.

I certainly am not aware of any evidence. I would not be asking if I were aware f any. I'd simply post it.Seems no other poster than you believes that evidence exists. I think a lot of posters would be interested.

A lot of evidence has been presented.  The problem is that...all of the evidence has been debunked.  It is usually in the form of videos of said Sasquatch running through the woods.  

There is Zero Evidence.   Z E R O

Has there been ANY precedent in recent human history where a large mammal has been newly discovered ? 

How old are the legends of Bigfoot ? A couple of hundred ? Are we to assume that in all this time no Bigfoot has ever bred ? Because if we assume the are normal mammals, then there would have been THOUSANDS of them by now, and they would certainly have been discovered. 

• Like 3