Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prankster puts googly eyes on war hero statue

Still Waters

The City of Savannah says they are looking for the person responsible for putting googly eyes on a historic statue in the city.

According to a Facebook post from the city, someone placed the eyes on the Nathaneal Greene statue in Johnson Square.

Some Facebook users were tickled by the #GooglyEyeBandit. They believe this might spark some copycat pupils.

The city isn't laughing. They are trying to find the person who "vandal-eyezed" the monument, "it may look funny but harming our historic monuments and public property is no laughing matter, in fact, it's a crime.

https://www.wrdw.com/content/news/City-of-Savannah-wants-to-know-who-put-googly-eyes-on-statue-497157351.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I must admit, I did laugh when I saw it. I'd be very surprised if anyone doesn't. I guess it was only meant as a bit of fun and no harm done. :)

• Like 5

it may look funny but harming our historic monuments and public property is no laughing matter, in fact, it's a crime.

Harming? Jeeze, shootings and stabbings are harming and a crime ..... this was just some dude having a bit of fun.

Remove the eyes and see it for what it is ( yeah ok, pun intended) a bit of harmless fun 

• Like 6

Not harming anything, Nathaniel Greene himself would laugh.

Greene BTW was an awesome general, with no formal military education, entirely self-taught.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Stiff said:

I must admit, I did laugh when I saw it. I'd be very surprised if anyone doesn't. I guess it was only meant as a bit of fun and no harm done. :)

Everytime I look at the pic I laugh!  :lol:

This is great! :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

It was a test run for Mount Rushmore, I like that! Go ahead!

Edited by toast
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, toast said:

It was a test run for Mount Rushmore, I like that!

Now that i would like to see. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It seems to have been a thing for a while now. This was 4 years ago apparently...

oIYyF7E.jpg

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, toast said:

Pending: Nelson's Column in London and Bismarck Monument in Hamburg. :lol:

Ahhh the posibilities are endless when you have a couple of google eyes, a bit of glue and some climbing boots. Oh and  statues.

• Like 3

had it been painted I would be less amused, but this is just funny.

• Like 5