Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman drinks 4 cans of Pepsi daily for 64 yrs

Still Waters

A great-grandmother has revealed for the past 64 years she has drunk nothing other than four cans of Pepsi a day.

Jackie Page, 77, has kept up her liquid diet of four cans of the fizzy pop each day since 1954, when she turned 13.

Despite consuming the equivalent of three million sugar cubes, the mother-of-four insists she has always been slim, fit and healthy. 

'I don't call it an addiction. It's just something I like and I can't help it if I don't like anything else.

'I don't like it from a bottle, only from a can. I like to drink Pepsi fresh straight from the can, and it has to be cold.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6275031/Great-grandmother-77-drunk-four-cans-Pepsi-1954.html

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Four cans a day does not sound like any big deal. I bet there are a lot of people that drink that much and don't think it calls out for much attention. My thought is that if this is considered worthy of international attention, we might be too brainwashed into thinking sugar=poison. It's not that bad, geez. 

• Like 2

A great-grandmother has revealed for the past 64 years she has drunk nothing other than four cans of Pepsi a day.

So what? Some people drink only water everyday,  some drink only cups of tea or like me at least 5 cups of coffee a day, she drinks pepsi,  big deal!

Maybe when i reach 77 i will go to the newspapers and they will find it news that i only drank coffee. (Plus the odd glass of sherry ). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

Jackie Page, 77, has kept up her liquid diet of four cans of the fizzy pop each day since 1954

Errr...bit misleading, i can see them trying to drum it up a bit as it really is not a worthy story, but to lie???

She has not kept up a liquid diet, so did eat food,   all it is, is she drinks pepsi eveyday. :sleepy:

• Like 1

So what, some people smoke a pack a of cigaretts everyday and are 77 lol. Genetics can be great sometimes. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

Wow, even if I were not diabetic, I wouldn't be able to have that much sugar every day.   I'd weigh close to 400 lbs in no time.   Kudos to her that she is healthy.   

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That's inspirational. Maybe I should drink 4 energy drinks per day?

Will look forward to reading about it in the daily mail when you get to 77 years old.

Note:  you do not need to have your own teeth,  the grandmother does not have own teeth, lol and is her excuse:

'They say Pepsi is bad for your teeth but I am a war time baby and there's not many of us without rotten teeth so I wouldn't know.

Thats right blame your rotten teeth on the war.

This brings back memories of the Great Pepsi Challenge.

THe only great thing I know Pepsi did was setting Michael Jackson on fire

~

• Haha 4

I was raised on Pepsi and that's pretty much all I drink...Other than my occasional beer binges 20 years ago...But I have this problem no matter how much I eat I won't gain a frigging pound! I still weigh the same as I did when I came out of the military 20 years ago. Sorry that was 30 years ago not 20..

Edited by Alien Origins
Correction
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

And some people smoke every single day for 60 years and are thin and healthy. Like my great grandmother that lived to be 97. Some people get diabetes without consuming as much sugar as others, it seems to be more about genetics and perhaps other life style differences rather than the specified target of consumption itself.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Errr...bit misleading, i can see them trying to drum it up a bit as it really is not a worthy story, but to lie???

She has not kept up a liquid diet, so did eat food,   all it is, is she drinks pepsi eveyday. :sleepy:

Lie? What they mean by a 'liquid diet' is she'll only drink Pepsi and no other liquids.They're not claiming she doesn't eat food, the article even goes on to say:

'It would worry me a lot if I couldn't get cans of Pepsi because I don't know what I'd drink.

'I have a lot of my food delivered and there was one day where they said they didn't have any cans of Pepsi in and I had to have my daughters to run out and get me some in the supermarket.

45 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

Lie? What they mean by a 'liquid diet' is she'll only drink Pepsi and no other liquids.They're not claiming she doesn't eat food, the article even goes on to say:

Liguid diet means....a diet of foods in liquid form.  A  Pepsi diet would indicate no other types of liquids,  but even that would be misleading by using the word "diet". 

It is the Dailymail, although entertaining, it is not know as being the most reliable newspaper.  The whole story is a bit flat, so they try to make it a bit more interesting...by using the word "diet".

It is only as you read on that she mentions  going to resturants.

I'd be slightly more concerned if she was drinking diet pepsi, but either way it is hard to consider this news and care. JMO.

I drink nearly nothing but coffee, sometimes tea. Is that newsworthy?

*crickets*

Thought not.