Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
UM-Bot

Ancient Egyptians sold fake cats

UM-Bot

news icon rAncient Egyptian mummy wrappings hide a number of frauds and flaws, which a high-tech, digital X-ray machine recently exposed among the collections at Chicago's Field Museum. The machine saw through a mummified cat dated to approximately 500 B.C. that contained only twigs and cotton.

It also revealed mummification tools that someone accidentally left inside a real mummy, and it solved a 15,000-year-old mystery surrounding what is believed to be the world's oldest known mummy.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Discovery Channel

sarahsuebee

Well it's a good thing that they left the tools inside a mummy, and not inside a live person/animal they were operating on. Otherwise we'd have a whole new set of legal-ese hieroglyphics for medical malpractice and personal injury cases that, like the present-day form of legal-ese, nobody would be able to figure out!

original.gif

Great Big Sea

That's interesting. I would have never guessed that they did that back then! tongue.gif

AztecInca

Well they were human after all, they just lived in a different era and had different beliefs.

ROGER

ohmy.gif Well I believe in religiose tolerance and to show my support I will sell my Wifes cat, stuffed It you want it that way.

And I want to assure you all the cat will die a natural death.

( excuse any knifes, bullet holes, or hammers in the head.)

Now if you will excuse me. Here kitty-Kitty-Kitty! unsure.gif