Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Chemical weapons bring Assad close to victory

Eldorado

After seven devastating years of civil war in Syria, which have left more than 350,000 people dead, President Bashar al-Assad appears close to victory against the forces trying to overthrow him.

So how has Mr Assad got so close to winning this bloody, brutal war?

A joint investigation by BBC Panorama and BBC Arabic shows for the first time the extent to which chemical weapons have been crucial to his war-winning strategy.

Full report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-45586903

• Like 1

Black Red Devil

"We don't have a chemical arsenal since we gave it up in 2013"  Assad denies.

Someone is telling porky's.

• Like 2

and then

Meanwhile, huge numbers of people in the west refuse to believe he could have done this.  I guess truth really is the first casualty in war.  If he ever tries using this stuff on Israel, he will get a true awakening to what consequences SHOULD be for such a horror.  

• Like 2

Only_

BBC is biased against the Assad regime since the start of the civil war. As is the British government and the West. I do not believe their reporting on the topic to be accurate. I would not claim that Assad' forces have never used chemical weapons but some attacks happened in such a timely manner as to only provide an advantage to Assad's ennemies in the propaganda war and a 'justification' to launch airstrikes against the Syrian regime. 

Edited by Clockwork_Spirit
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1