Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Migrant caravan to US grows to over 1500

Eldorado

40 minutes ago, susieice said:

So a wall, barbed wire, slow walking the legal process, and troops spending the holidays on the border didn't do anything to solve the root problem? 

10 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

So a wall, barbed wire, slow walking the legal process, and troops spending the holidays on the border didn't do anything to solve the root problem? 

I hope you realize where all this is going to go. What wall?

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

It did absolutely NOTHING to solve the root of the problem, which is these countries like Honduras allowing undocumented citizens to exit their country, or for all the countries in line to *receive* said individuals to enter. Let's see what Mexico does with their new President.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

allowing undocumented citizens to exit their country

Unfortunately its simply not a black and white issue. If your children were starving or if the cartel who runs the county you lived in let you know they were going to rape your wife would you let the government stop you from saving their lives?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Unfortunately its simply not a black and white issue. If your children were starving or if the cartel who runs the county you lived in let you know they were going to rape your wife would you let the government stop you from saving their lives?

I am more alarmed at the idea that countries should cage their people and only allow the privileged to freely leave.

• Like 2

Just too rich, perhaps the next caravan should just contact Trump National

FBI Reportedly Has Fake Green Cards Given to Undocumented Immigrants Working at Trump Golf Course

Supervisors at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey, provided fake green cards and Social Security numbers to undocumented employees, according to a report in the Washington Post. Anibal Romero, a lawyer representing five immigrants who were undocumented while working at the Trump property, told the newspaper that he turned the fraudulent documents over to the FBI.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Just too rich, perhaps the next caravan should just contact Trump National

FBI Reportedly Has Fake Green Cards Given to Undocumented Immigrants Working at Trump Golf Course

Isn't this just typical of the petty smear campaign designed to infect the minds of susceptible people
around America and the world...and bolster confirmation bias..

someone has a fall out with their supervisor and decides to get revenge and 15 minuted of
fame by shouting from the rooftops (ie toxic MSM)...... "I was using false documentation..."

The twist to this particular hit piece is that aren't many Trump detractors all for helping illegal
economic migrants... so in theory they should be all for what (allegedly) happened... ^_^

There must be a thriving illegal business in fake documents and ID .... perhaps the women
coming forward to fill a day or two of MSM headlines  might like to help the FBI track down
the perpetrators of said illegal business... ?.....like revealing where they got their fake papers from etc..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bee said:

There must be a thriving illegal business in fake documents and ID ...

And it sounds like The Trump Organization wanted a piece of that action :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

And it sounds like The Trump Organization wanted a piece of that action :lol:

you don't believe that.... it's just more unhealthy negative spin on a typical smear hit piece...

• Like 1

Just now, bee said:

you don't believe that.... it's just more unhealthy negative spin on a typical smear hit piece...

Truthfully I do honestly believe its a possibility, there's literally zero reason to think it isn't, but I'm also open to the possibility that it is just a smear attempt as well.

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

perhaps the parents of starving children who were threatened with violence and rape could buy
fake documentation and try and get a job in the Trump Organization.... ?

And if a manager somewhere in the huge organization (allegedly) turned a blind eye and took pity on them
and gave them a job to feed their starving children I expect you would thoroughly approve.... 

wouldn't you....

• Thanks 1

Just now, bee said:

perhaps the parents of starving children who were threatened with violence and rape could buy
fake documentation and try and get a job in the Trump Organization.... ?

Hey i made that same joke  earlier !!! :D

1 minute ago, bee said:

And if a manager somewhere in the huge organization (allegedly) turned a blind eye and took pity on them
and gave them a job to feed their starving children I expect you would thoroughly approve.... 

wouldn't you....

No I technically couldn't. Im not really pro illegal immigration.

Now if a manager somewhere in that huge organization stole money to donate to that family while they went through the application process I would wholly approve and applaud that decision. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No I technically couldn't. Im not really pro illegal immigration.

make your mind up... :blink:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bee said:

make your mind up... :blink:

See this is an issue that I find very frustrating,  Trump supporters view anyone opposed to Trumpism as pro illegal immigration,  and thats simply not the case.

Edited to add that I guess I should say youve been conditioned to view anyone opposed to Trumpism as pro illegal immigration. Its great sloganeering which has clearly worked, its just not true.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

See this is an issue that I find very frustrating,  Trump supporters view anyone opposed to Trumpism as pro illegal immigration,  and thats simply not the case.

Edited to add that I guess I should say youve been conditioned to view anyone opposed to Trumpism as pro illegal immigration. Its great sloganeering which has clearly worked, its just not true.

no I was just comparing the morality hopping of your ''''starving children ''' comment and your
eagerness to spread an article smearing the Trump Organization for employing someone
(knowingly or not knowingly) with fake documentation - no doubt a mother putting food on the
table for her children... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bee said:

no I was just comparing the morality hopping of your ''''starving children ''' comment and your
eagerness to spread an article smearing the Trump Organization for employing someone
(knowingly or not knowingly) with fake documentation - no doubt a mother putting food on the
table for her children...

Hang on.........I want endangered people to have the ability to come here and legally apply so that somehow translates to I want illegal immigration????

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Hang on.........I want endangered people to have the ability to come here and legally apply so that somehow translates to I want illegal immigration????

I know you like to have the last word - so we'll leave it at that -  ;)

• Like 2

Update:

US authorities fired teargas into Mexico during the first hours of the new year to repel about 150 Central Americans who they claimed were trying to breach the border fence in Tijuana.

An Associated Press photographer witnessed at least three volleys of gas launched onto the Mexican side of the border near Tijuana’s beach early Tuesday. The people affected by the gas included women and children, as well as members of the press.

Members of the group who spoke with AP said they arrived last month with a caravan which set out from Honduras.

US Customs and Border Protection said in a statement the gas was aimed at rock throwers on the Mexican side who it said prevented agents from helping children who were being passed over the concertina wire. The agency says 25 migrants were detained.

Full report: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/01/us-mexico-border-migrant-caravan-tijuana-tear-gas

• Like 1

They travelled all that way just to throw rocks ? 

Apart from anything else, that shows a distinct lack of gratitude. I'd be tempted to annul their asylum claims on that basis alone !

Or at least charge them for the rocks ! :P

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

They travelled all that way just to throw rocks ? 

Apart from anything else, that shows a distinct lack of gratitude. I'd be tempted to annul their asylum claims on that basis alone !

Or at least charge them for the rocks ! :P

Mexico will pay for the rocks!!!

Yeah I hate that this stuff has to be reported (but it does) . I think its important that the press is paying attention but there is simply too much damn noise about the border right now. If or when something seriously bad happens down there the risk of it being drowned out with otherwise innocuous happenings such as this is very real. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Also, to @Gromdor    Could these countries at least get these undocumented migrants to get a bleepin' PASSPORT?!  It's not that hard.

46 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Also, to @Gromdor    Could these countries at least get these undocumented migrants to get a bleepin' PASSPORT?!  It's not that hard.

I think you are confused there.  When we call them "undocumented aliens" it's because they lack US papers and visa stamps, not because they don't have ID or passports from their home country.

Having a passport and other ID helps them file for asylum.  The problem is that their government is inefficient, corrupt, and the cartels/coyotes make forgeries.  So it's almost worthless for us to use.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bee said:

Isn't this just typical of the petty smear campaign designed to infect the minds of susceptible people
around America and the world...and bolster confirmation bias..

someone has a fall out with their supervisor and decides to get revenge and 15 minuted of
fame by shouting from the rooftops (ie toxic MSM)...... "I was using false documentation..."

The twist to this particular hit piece is that aren't many Trump detractors all for helping illegal
economic migrants... so in theory they should be all for what (allegedly) happened... ^_^

There must be a thriving illegal business in fake documents and ID .... perhaps the women
coming forward to fill a day or two of MSM headlines  might like to help the FBI track down
the perpetrators of said illegal business... ?.....like revealing where they got their fake papers from etc..

Yeah I agree.  They needed to wait till it was investigated enough for formal charges to be filed to make it more than hearsay and smearing.  They may get the scoop, but it conditions those whose who are biased for or against the individual(s) in question before the truth comes out and gives them ammo for denial even if it is proved true or false later. 

8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

It's like that with almost every issue.

Opposition to the wall means you support totally open borders, any media coverage that isn't 100% pro-Trump is a liberal smear campaign and 'fake news', any support for social programs like healthcare or education means we support tyrannical government control and giving people 'free stuff.

Of course all of that's total BS, yet regardless, I suppose it's the only way in their minds to oppose the left. Just pretend we support things that are obviously bad that we don't really support at all.

• Like 2