Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Migrant caravan to US grows to over 1500

Eldorado

On 10/30/2018 at 4:10 PM, Einsteinium said:

Do you realize what you are normalizing here? I am starting to see the idea that democrats are the enemy of the country seep into the right wing insane rhetoric.

Seep into and dominate, all the while they proclaim their victim hood. They truly have fallen for propaganda 101. Especially since it seems half of what theyre so p***ed off about is straight up imaginary.

On 10/30/2018 at 5:03 PM, skliss said:

One is a mentally ill man, the other is a Trump hater

So the person perpetrating right wing violence is "mentally ill" but the person perpetrating left wing violence is a hater?  Im really not sure whether to laugh at the repeated examples of cult like mentality on this site or be really really scared by them. 

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

So the person perpetrating right wing violence is "mentally ill" but the person perpetrating left wing violence is a hater?  Im really not sure whether to laugh at the repeated examples of cult like mentality on this site or be really really scared by them. 

Actually I think they are both mentally ill to do what they did. I don't consider the shooter is either left or right, I was answering his assumption the shooter was a Trump supporter when he has espoused the opposite.

• Like 1

Trump's 'Unlawful Order': National Security Expert Explains Why the Military Will Not Follow the President's Cruel Directions

But on Thursday, during a speech that was ostensibly about asylum policy, Trump showed even more disdain for American norms and laws by describing what was essentially an unlawful order.

"They want to throw rocks at our military, our military fights back," Trump said of the immigrants. "I told them to consider it a rifle. When they throw rocks like what they did to the Mexican military and police, I say consider it a rifle."

"[There] is no leader in the military - Officer or NCO - who would allow a soldier to shoot at an individual throwing a rock," said Mark Hertling, a veteran and CNN national security analyst. "They know that violates the rules of engagement, the law of land warfare & the values those in the military believe. It would be an unlawful order."

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/11/2018 at 7:20 AM, Eldorado said:

Five minute video compilation without commentary.

From Mexico...

"With arrival of 4th caravan, there are now 12,000 migrants in Mexico."

Full report: https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/there-are-now-12000-migrants-in-mexico/

Typical media sensationalizing news and numbers. Makes for a great headline and gets people afraid. Fearmongering (definition) :  the spreading of frightening and exaggerated rumors of an impending danger or the habit or tactic of purposely and needlessly arousing public fear about an issue seems to be a major role of the media these days. A little further on in the article it states

The secretariats of the Interior and Foreign Affairs said in a joint statement this week that 2,934 migrants have formally requested asylum in Mexico while 927 people have requested assistance from authorities to return to their country of origin.

So that knocks about 4,000 off that number. Also, arrests are being made every day. There are different startegies beingput into place to diminish the number of migrants who will eventually reach the US border. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Edited by jugoso
screwed up quote function
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More Fearmongering:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eldorado said:

From the non-fear-mongering BBC.

Migrant caravan: What is it and why does it matter?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-45951782

Hi Eldorado, I think that this is a well-written article that explains the situation a lot better than many other articles I have read. It provides the history, reasons and possible ramifications for Mexico and the US without sensationalizing the situation. I would not consider this fear-mongering but rather informative.

• Like 2

Perhaps they should welcome these people, and instead of holding them, and then letting them go to drift off into the US heartland, they should hold them at the border, and then put them to work building The Wall? Win-win-win. Trump keeps these people out of the heartlands, they get work (say at 15$ an hour) and the Wall gets built. The good money (better then most illegals will find anywhere else), will keep them on site. And maybe add a Executive Order program (like the Dreamers) where anyone who works on the Wall project for say 15 months, gains CITIZENSHIP. Blame....

• Like 1

All the press pictures show a giant horde of people on foot. Yet in the last week they've been moving around a hundred miles per day. You don't do that on foot. Someone is giving them lifts, or they are otherwise using cars to speed things up.

Also, I wonder, who is feeding these people? Articles I've read say they are depending on the kindness of the communities they are passing through. 

Now apparently a sizable number of them are in Mexico City.

Also, the caravan keeps increasing in size. Meaning that the people who were, "victims of violence and poverty" that left Honduras probably are just a tiny part of what it is now. I imagine 75% of the caravan is now made up of impoverished Mexicans.

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Perhaps they should welcome these people, and instead of holding them, and then letting them go to drift off into the US heartland, they should hold them at the border, and then put them to work building The Wall? Win-win-win. Trump keeps these people out of the heartlands, they get work (say at 15$ an hour) and the Wall gets built. The good money (better then most illegals will find anywhere else), will keep them on site. And maybe add a Executive Order program (like the Dreamers) where anyone who works on the Wall project for say 15 months, gains CITIZENSHIP. Blame....

While not a fan of the wall I really like your thought process.

Folks in the SW are more open to other cultures than the "heartland" (LMAO) anyways

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DieChecker said:

All the press pictures show a giant horde of people on foot. Yet in the last week they've been moving around a hundred miles per day. You don't do that on foot. Someone is giving them lifts, or they are otherwise using cars to speed things up.

Also, I wonder, who is feeding these people? Articles I've read say they are depending on the kindness of the communities they are passing through. 

Now apparently a sizable number of them are in Mexico City.

Also, the caravan keeps increasing in size. Meaning that the people who were, "victims of violence and poverty" that left Honduras probably are just a tiny part of what it is now. I imagine 75% of the caravan is now made up of impoverished Mexicans.

The federal government  stopped 70 buses that were supposed to bring them to Mexico City. Other charities and organizations have been assisting in  arranging transportation. Many are hitchiking and perhaps even jumping trains. With respect to food, the majority of these people are used to living "hand to mouth". There are many poor Mexicans sympathetic to the cause and help with the little they have. Larger humanitarian organizations are almost certainly involved

And your final statement is just that......your imagination. 

Edited by jugoso
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jugoso said:

The federal government  stopped 70 buses that were supposed to bring them to Mexico City. Other charities and organizations have been assisting in  arranging transportation. Many are hitchiking and perhaps even jumping trains. With respect to food, the majority of these people are used to living "hand to mouth". There are many poor Mexicans sympathetic to the cause and help with the little they have. Larger humanitarian organizations are almost certainly involved

And your final statement is just that......your imagination. 

I did see where several hundred jumped a train. But they can't maintain an identity in that fashion. Those who run ahead are going to hit hard times.

70 buses hold about, what, 50 people each, so that's a fair number of people.

I also read that some 2000 of those from Honduras and Guatemala STOPPED in southern Mexico and took up the Mexican governments offer of housing and jobs. Then WHO are the people on the buses? Are they the other 3000 that came into Mexico, or are they local opportunists?

Also I read their leadership plans to head toward California (1500 miles) rather then Texas (600 miles), because of political climate, and the East of Mexico is lawless drug lord controlled lands.

3 hours ago, DieChecker said:

A) I did see where several hundred jumped a train. But they can't maintain an identity in that fashion. Those who run ahead are going to hit hard times.

70 buses hold about, what, 50 people each, so that's a fair number of people.

B) I also read that some 2000 of those from Honduras and Guatemala STOPPED in southern Mexico and took up the Mexican governments offer of housing and jobs. Then WHO are the people on the buses? Are they the other 3000 that came into Mexico, or are they local opportunists?

C)Also I read their leadership plans to head toward California (1500 miles) rather then Texas (600 miles), because of political climate, and the D)East of Mexico is lawless drug lord controlled lands.

A) I don´t undesrstandwhatyou mean by your first point? Maintainannidentity?

B) Some did but the majority refused. The offer was contingent on staying in Chiapas or Oaxaca, the two poorest states. Most would prefer to settle in Northern Mexico

C) The last Caravan, though smaller i mmbers, crossed in Tijuana. 

D) Not just the east. Many parts are notorious for lawlessness. It´s a dangerous trek for those willing to risk everything. The actual origins of the Caravan were mothers who were traveling the rute hoping to find their children anf family members who have gone missing. Quite sad really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jugoso said:

A) I don´t undesrstandwhatyou mean by your first point? Maintainannidentity?

Maintain an identity as refugees. It is easier to maintain that you are part of a group by remaining in a group. You piggy back your claim on top of the claim of everyone else in the group.

B) Some did but the majority refused. The offer was contingent on staying in Chiapas or Oaxaca, the two poorest states. Most would prefer to settle in Northern Mexico

C) The last Caravan, though smaller i mmbers, crossed in Tijuana. 

D) Not just the east. Many parts are notorious for lawlessness. It´s a dangerous trek for those willing to risk everything. The actual origins of the Caravan were mothers who were traveling the rute hoping to find their children anf family members who have gone missing. Quite sad really.

B. - makes sense.

I still think a lot of Mexican poor are throwing in on this caravan. Not that that is wrong, but it is something we should recognize to be true.

I hope we accept their requests and then deny every single one of them.  Make it a deterrent.  

33 minutes ago, aztek said:

why do those people even coming here, we have so much gun crime it scares Australians in Australia and Brits in UK, ,

They want to upgrade their smartphones.

I'm not seeing a lot of poverty here and I wasn't seeing it during the European migrant crisis either. I think these people are being promised big things if they just pack up and head to America. Someone is giving them enough incentive and funding to make this journey, I'm just not sure who yet but it smells of manufactured chaos. Have your "humanitarian" group get a mass migration going in a dumpy country, truck thousands of them up to America's border while also sounding the alarm on the major news stations you influence. Major fear, panic and division across the country over night. The benefits don't stop there - the President you hate is put in a tough PR bind, the invasion takes eyes away from Washington and you just penciled in thousands of blue votes for the future.

Think about it. This is not hard to pull off if you have cash. Hire a few trucks for transport and the rest is easily handled by your humanitarian group. Easy work to make a big stink at the right time.

One thing I need someone to explain to me is the burning of American flags by some of the migrants. What purpose does it serve to burn the flag of the country you are looking forward to entering? 

• Like 3

On 11/8/2018 at 12:34 PM, aztek said:

We who are on the frontlines in Honduras have offered high-quality free education and character formation in the Living Waters Ranch school we operate out of our rural homestead to over 100 at-risk Honduran youth in the past five years. More than half have walked out because they admittedly had no interest in studying or preparing for the future. This type of apathetic attitude is common among youth in our area.

They are now vagabonds in our rural neighborhood, zipping up and down gravel roads on their bikes and falling into the traps that drugs, petty crime and sexual promiscuity present. Many of them decided to go no further than a second- or sixth-grade education despite our repeated attempts to visit them in their homes, counsel their parents and encourage them to seek God with their lives.

Many of these rogue teens — whom we know and love personally — seem to have enough money to buy junk food and show off a nice cell phone, but there are supposedly no funds for the important things in life. These are oftentimes (but by no means always) the same people who wish to run off to the United States because Honduras doesn’t have any opportunities. They were given open doors and even when they were pleaded to walk through them, they decided not to.

Welcome to the Entitlement Generation. You know... the people who just voted mainly for the US "Blue Wave". 

Looks like Entitlement thinking is now showing up world wide... Probably they will all be practicing Identity Politics next.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, South Alabam said:

Closed borders are bad for liberals. It is harder to hire cheap labor and buy cheap imported drugs with closed borders.

Yes, but the libs would save time and energy by not having to bus so many illegals to the polls!

Gotta' look at the plus side :-)

• Haha 1

first hand account of the migrant caravan...

Filmmaker Ami Horowitz traveled to Mexico for a firsthand look at the migrant caravan from Central America. Horowitz shares what he saw on 'Tucker Carlson Tonight.' 

New video shows migrant caravan is 'organized, well-funded'

• Thanks 1

In Mexico caravan, LGBTQ migrants stick together for safety.

Dozens of transgender women and gay men in the caravan moving through Mexico with hopes of seeking asylum in the United States have banded together for protection — not from the uncertainty of a journey fraught with danger from the gangs who prey on migrants but from their fellow travelers.

Fleeing violence and discrimination back home because of their gender identity or sexual orientation, these LGBTQ migrants have found the journey north to be just as threatening amid catcalls and even physical abuse.

cont...

https://www.apnews.com/600a7924f84e436a8ebb4cb851d6e79f

• Thanks 2