Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Logical issues with belief.

danydandan

12 minutes ago, 029b10 said:

If I had made the statement which you claim I made then I would agree; however, you have incorrectly quoted what I said which as evident by the quote below of what  I actually said: 

But in regards to you comment regarding something not being able to come from nothing then where did the vacuum of space come from.  Now I understand that you can twist that question if you want because you would have to know what I was asking in order to do so.  Thus, you know that the question itself has twisted the answer to be that empty space come from nothing. :rofl:

However, as far as cosmology, I am leaning towards the Fromunda Universe, the published work of Mr. Farkle based upon the world being a highly dense finite sphere. But Mr. Farkle's paper is believed to be the stolen hypothesis of Prof. Unoi Amarah who disappeared shortly before the theory was published.  

I too am busy playing pool on mini-clips so let's just agree to disagree.

We can't really say there is such thing as nothing or such thing as a true vacuum either, it seems that we can't ever answer if nothing is actually a thing due uncertainty. Once we know everything and uncertainty is removed from the equations we can come to some agreement. Seems like everything boils down to fluctuations.

Cosmology isn't my vice, so I'm not sure what your talking about. 

On 2/26/2019 at 12:42 AM, danydandan said:
12 hours ago, danydandan said:

Once we know everything and uncertainty is removed from the equations we can come to some agreement.

Application of the uncertainty principal in this instance should explain why to you just like it did to Hendrick.

Sounds like scientism rather that science, since one doesn't need to know everything in order to remove the uncertainty of the uncertainty principal.  :tu: 

17 minutes ago, 029b10 said:

Sounds like scientism rather that science, since one doesn't need to know everything in order to remove the uncertainty of the uncertainty principal.  :tu: 

I'm not much for neopositivism. 

To remove uncertainty you do need to be certain of everything. That applies for the Uncertainty Principle too, of course that depends on the accuracy and resolution of experimental observation. 

Maybe God is the principal of the principle? 

Edited by danydandan

I am pretty certain that the Certainty Principle isn't really a principle even thought I won't say that its isn't true because it obviously would be true in some situations however that is the difference between a principle and a precept.  However, merely because a precept is true doesn't in and of itself  meet the criteria to be considered a principle. 

Likewise, even if a precept does not hold true in every application it does make it any less true for the application it was intended for. Even the article  from which I obtained the following insert cited a falsifiability of the precept if you care to examine for yourself, the source is cited below.

Uncertainty principle, also called Heisenberg uncertainty principle or indeterminacy principle, statement, articulated (1927) by the German physicist Werner Heisenberg, that the position and the velocity of an object cannot both be measured exactly, at the same time, even in theory. The very concepts of exact position and exact velocity together, in fact, have no meaning in nature.

https://www.britannica.com/science/uncertainty-principle

However I would cited the "Mr. Z Spot" where the position and the velocity of the object was measured to the exact moment of time, even in theory.  Yet position and velocity might not have any meaning in nature but exact time, in reality, is a fact.

Edited by 029b10

On 2/11/2019 at 5:09 AM, danydandan said:

2.What does the Moon having mountains got to with anything?

Hi Dany

I would expect that it would be easier to stand on a mountain on the moon to see all the kingdoms on earth than it would be to see them from a mountain on earth.:lol:

jmccr8

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Dany

I would expect that it would be easier to stand on a mountain on the moon to see all the kingdoms on earth than it would be to see them from a mountain on earth.:lol:

jmccr8

I'd have thought getting to the moon was the problem?

Just now, danydandan said:

I'd have thought getting to the moon was the problem?

Not for Satan and Jesus.:rolleyes:

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Not for Satan and Jesus.:rolleyes:

jmccr8

Well Satan doesn't exist and Jesus was a man, and like all men needs air to breathe. So the Moon is no go for either.

I think.

Edited by danydandan

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Well Satan doesn't exist and Jesus was a man, and like all men needs air to breathe. So the Moon is no go for either.

I think.

Hi Dany 

Agreed, but it was no less nuttier than what was previously stated about standing on a mountain and seeing all the kingdoms of Earth flat, round or square.

jmccr8

18 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Dany 

Agreed, but it was no less nuttier than what was previously stated about standing on a mountain and seeing all the kingdoms of Earth flat, round or square.

jmccr8

It's still more impossible due to axial rotation, I assume.

It's all friggin crazy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

It's all friggin crazy. 

:tu:

jmccr8

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:07 PM, 029b10 said:

Sounds like scientism

What is "scientism"? 

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:15 AM, danydandan said:

That's just off the top of me head. I could probably elaborate on it and make easier to understand but I'm playing @Pettytalk and @Atlantis Rises in the Chess tournament and they are sharks. 

How did you do? 

5 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

How did you do? 

Quite well for someone who only started playing the game two months ago. Atlantis and Pettytalk are very good. I beat Pettytalk once, he beat me in the other game. Atlantis beat me twice.......... He is going to win the competition. Easily too.

On 3/5/2019 at 9:49 AM, danydandan said:

It's all friggin crazy. 

On 3/5/2019 at 9:51 AM, jmccr8 said:

:tu:

jmccr8

What is crazy is that you claim that all the land mass inhabited by man at the time the NT was written couldn't be seen from an exceeding high place because the earth is a globe .

Just because your perspective of reality is skewed because of what you read in a book doesn't mean that all the visible land mass that men inhabited at the time couldn't be seen from one location at one time doesn't mean what you believe is true because you believe it is true.  Especially when you haven't ever examined the globe of the Earth.  But if you can't see the kingdom of the world from where you stand, it is no secret why. ^_^

sie.jpg.69902933b7111cc07956e7b83dd67702.jpg  

But as far as the kingdoms of the world, you can claim that the are many Nations yet that doesn't mean they are subject to their own authority. While Ireland became a republic in 1948, it became State subject to the United Nations in 1955.  So maybe Rome didn't have the authority to tax the whole world back when the Son of God issued the decree that the whole world should be taxed, but if you want to call the tax which your State pays to the UN "dues", then by all means please do. 

Now if you didn't know that August was the Divi Filius because he said so, I agree.

But in conclusion I have to give you  :tsu:  One for ignorance and the other for arrogance, but I let you figure out which one is for which so you will always be right. 

Edited by 029b10

16 minutes ago, 029b10 said:

What is crazy is that you claim that all the land mass inhabited by man at the time the NT was written couldn't be seen from an exceeding high place because the earth is a globe .

Why is that 'crazy'?  From what mountain or 'high place' in the Middle East can you see California, which was inhabited by man when the NT was written?  If you want to go to the moon or a satellite you will likely be able to see all the land mass inhabited by man if you wait 12 hours for the earth to rotate, but 12 hours isn't exactly what we refer to as 'a moment in time' which you were harping on earlier.

at the time of the events recorded in the NT you only had to stand on a pile of dirt two foot high to see all the kingdoms of the world since the world was ruled by Roman Empire.

You can see China from a hill two feet high in the Middle East?  China was ruled by the Roman Empire?  (I see dany also brought this up, I don't see you addressing it)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, 029b10 said:

Just because your perspective of reality is skewed because of what you read in a book doesn't mean that all the visible land mass that men inhabited at the time couldn't be seen from one location at one time doesn't mean what you believe is true because you believe it is true.  Especially when you haven't ever examined the globe of the Earth.  But if you can't see the kingdom of the world from where you stand, it is no secret why. ^_^

sie.jpg.69902933b7111cc07956e7b83dd67702.jpg  

But as far as the kingdoms of the world, you can claim that the are many Nations yet that doesn't mean they are subject to their own authority. While Ireland became a republic in 1948, it became State subject to the United Nations in 1955.  So maybe Rome didn't have the authority to tax the whole world back when the Son of God issued the decree that the whole world should be taxed, but if you want to call the tax which your State pays to the UN "dues", then by all means please do. 

Now if you didn't know that August was the Divi Filius because he said so, I agree.

But in conclusion I have to give you  :tsu:  One for ignorance and the other for arrogance, but I let you figure out which one is for which so you will always be right. 

So a moment of time is 12 hours? 

And the mountain in the NT is now the moon, interesting interpretation of the Bible.

You do love deflection eh! 

What exactly does Ireland's Independence or recognition internationally as a nation have anything to do with what we are discussing.

Again I'll start from the start again so it's easy for you.  Matthews gospel has a part in it, that you can interpret that the Author assumed the Earth was flat. Have you anything to comment on this? 

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Why is that 'crazy'?  From what mountain or 'high place' in the Middle East can you see California, which was inhabited by man when the NT was written?  If you want to go to the moon or a satellite you will likely be able to see all the land mass inhabited by man if you wait 12 hours for the earth to rotate, but 12 hours isn't exactly what we refer to as 'a moment in time' which you were harping on earlier.

You can see China from a hill two feet high in the Middle East?  China was ruled by the Roman Empire?  (I see dany also brought this up, I don't see you addressing it)

I think the poster thought I was a flat Earther. But honestly I don't know what the discussion has evolved into at the moment. 

Are you playing in the Chess tournament?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I think the poster thought I was a flat Earther. But honestly I don't know what the discussion has evolved into at the moment. 

Yea I had thought that too, even though you clarified you were not several times over the last few pages.

15 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Are you playing in the Chess tournament

If by 'playing' you mean 'getting my ass kicked', then yes.  I was amazed to make it past the first round so I'm counting it as a success and all bonus from here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

If by 'playing' you mean 'getting my ass kicked', then yes.  I was amazed to make it past the first round so I'm counting it as a success and all bonus from here.

Yeah I know the feeling. I'm only in because Earl of Trumps is having connection issues.

But I have won two games this far. 

• Like 1

I'm not playing chess ...... but when it comes to ancients referring to "the world" the meaning is often lost in translation.  They didn't mean "the whole planet Earth"  (most of which they had not knowledge nor even an inkling it existed), they meant "everywhere we know exists" - which might be the local valley, or might be a small region like the Middle East.    Hence how a local flood can cover the whole world ;) 

Only a fool interprets modern translations literally!

btw, the old name for Britain was Albion (Alba in Gaelic) - an ancient name whose meaning is not know.  However, one possible meaning is "the world, the earth, the land".   Because for the inhabitants of this once green and pleasant land, it was the world and nothing beyond it mattered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Essan said:

Because for the inhabitants of this once green and pleasant land, it was the world and nothing beyond it mattered.

Hasn't that always been the case, well for some it is the case. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, danydandan said:

That poster is, either willfully ignoring facts, or is trolling.

Both you & I responded to him, stating we were not flat earthers.

The individual seems to be claiming that Satan took Jesus to the Moon to survey the nations of the Earth. Either that, or there is a mountain in Israel tall enough to see the entire planet. IDK, but I'm going to avoid the Xmas rush and start ignoring him now. :)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

The individual seems to be claiming that Satan took Jesus to the Moon to survey the nations of the Earth. 

A bit unnecessary to go that distance, don't ya think? :lol:

I mean after all, space is space.