Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
danydandan

Logical issues with belief.

429 posts in this topic

Rlyeh
1 hour ago, third_eye said:

Obviously there is some fancy University somewhere in Australia that teaches otherwise ...

~

Or superman comics.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Mr Walker
15 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

X-ray vision would mean you'd be able to see x-ray wavelength.  You're not going to see through the earth.

lol  By definition, in this scenario the vision would "see" through the earth. It was not a scientific comment, but a humorous one. It had  me thinking  of superman and his temptation to look through Lois Lane's dress. Also those x ray glasses advertised on the back of comics  in the fifties and sixties.

piece of trivia, without googling, does anyone know what the S on superman's outfit stands for ?  

jmccr8
3 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

lol  By definition, in this scenario the vision would "see" through the earth. It was not a scientific comment, but a humorous one. It had  me thinking  of superman and his temptation to look through Lois Lane's dress. Also those x ray glasses advertised on the back of comics  in the fifties and sixties.

piece of trivia, without googling, does anyone know what the S on superman's outfit stands for ?  

Hi Walker

Fiction meets three boobed reality.

jmccr8

• Haha 3

Habitat
20 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

X-ray vision would mean you'd be able to see x-ray wavelength.  You're not going to see through the earth.

Not according to my understanding of Superman comics, the viewer is able to see right through objects, with x-ray vision. Not catch stray x-rays.