Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scratches On Neck

xChrisstinax

5 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

Did you happen to eat shiitake mushrooms?

https://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/shiitake-flagellate-dermatitis/

I have never heard of this before. The pictures look a lot like what the OP's pictures show.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jenn8779 said:

I have never heard of this before. The pictures look a lot like what the OP's pictures show.

It’s crazy! There are lots of pictures online. Some look almost identical.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

It’s crazy! There are lots of pictures online. Some look almost identical.

Now it'll be the first thing I think of anytime someone talks about unidentified scratches "damn mushrooms....." LOL

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, xChrisstinax said:

Asked my sister to look at my neck she said “omg.” She took a picture and showed me and I told her I didn’t do that. It started off as a sting , so I avoided it.. I couldn’t see the back of my neck anyways. Then that’s when I asked her.. I have no pets to cause this.. and my sister and friend says that it doesn’t even look like a person could of did this. My brother said poltergeist... but idk ... it’s weird because my sister looked up some stuff and it said : hearing things , and I have been hearing things lately , like moving .. but I thought it was my cat then I just realized I didn’t have her when it was happening. It also said something about “fire” and just the other day my fire alarm went off when I was sleeping and my sister came over next day said it spelt like a fire .. but nothing happened.

( the pic is just some of the scratches , there’s more going down toward my neck / back )

5F9B5045-AD0A-4BE5-8AB2-20EA6B74AB75.jpeg

EDIT *******

I don’t know how to respond or anything , first time using . But I don’t own a cat anymore. When I been hearing things I thought it was my cat because I’m so use to having a animal that it didn’t hit me , I don’t have one. For those saying i used an “object” .... that’s “illogical.” And for those saying “attention seeker” what I stated is what I got told and I’m just trying to understand what happened. So many people want to claim “a ragged nail or a rat.” But come on ... I never did it before but when stuff is occurring this pops up ... 

I should of pointed towards asking does it look like I could of caused this myself?

Owned my cat for a year and this never happened. Got rid of her a month ago. Can’t believe people can be so vile towards something that’s happening In somebody’s life. Isn’t this site about this type of stuff ??? 

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I highly doubt the OP will be back. I suspect a hit n' run poster.

Actually , I don’t get notifications .. and I don’t know how to even do anything on this site. Only posted to get answers. Thanks for being a dick on a site that legit says “unexplained mysteries” ... why be on a site like that if you’re going to be that way towards **** that’s going on and somebody simply trying to understand why.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jenn8779 said:

No , I don’t like mushrooms. 

8 hours ago, freetoroam said:

@xChrisstinax

I don’t know if I responded the right way . Trying to figure this website out. 

It was a day later I asked my sister too look at it. It’s been stinging and I didn’t think it was that bad. 

Edited by xChrisstinax

5 hours ago, Jenn8779 said:

If I read her correctly she said she didn't have the cat when she was hearing things and items were moving around. She posted the scratches as a recent occurrence, sounds like the past few days? So when did she get the cat? Right before her post? I would like to think that anyone who was serious about the paranormal and investigating it would want to rule out any other possibilities first so that if it was paranormal, which I doubt, they would be less likely to have any evidence called into question

I had my cat for a year. Got rid of her like a month back I believe. So I’ll repeat , when I do hear little things . In my head I be like “oh it’s Ember” (my cat) then I’m like “I don’t have her anymore.”  If I stated I didn’t have my cat , when why would I have her before I posted? That legit made no sense. I feel like you guys are trying to think way to hard about this .. if you don’t believe in ghost or demons , why even be on this site? 

Ghosts or demons scratched your neck ? Why would they want to do that, you think ?

2 hours ago, xChrisstinax said:

Actually , I don’t get notifications .. and I don’t know how to even do anything on this site. Only posted to get answers. Thanks for being a dick on a site that legit says “unexplained mysteries” ... why be on a site like that if you’re going to be that way towards **** that’s going on and somebody simply trying to understand why.

To explain the unexplained. And you were giving possible explanations. As for my comment you quoted. It's not unusual to have people come in, make a single post, then vanish. I guess you missed that highly doubt part in my comment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xChrisstinax said:

I had my cat for a year. Got rid of her like a month back I believe. So I’ll repeat , when I do hear little things . In my head I be like “oh it’s Ember” (my cat) then I’m like “I don’t have her anymore.”  If I stated I didn’t have my cat , when why would I have her before I posted? That legit made no sense. I feel like you guys are trying to think way to hard about this .. if you don’t believe in ghost or demons , why even be on this site? 

I do believe in ghosts, I don't believe in "demons"  but 40 years of being around spirit workers and being a multi-generational one myself 90 percent of what I saw wasn't.  

My advice- see a doctor first.

Rule out a medical problem  then it could be something else. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, xChrisstinax said:

Can’t believe people can be so vile towards something that’s happening In somebody’s life. Isn’t this site about this type of stuff ??? 

Vile? I have given you the medical term for this. We have seen this numerous times before.

What did you want from our answers? Ghosts?  Why would you even think down that route when i have clearly pointed out earlier what is could be and so have others.

It was a day later I asked my sister too look at it. It’s been stinging and I didn’t think it was that bad. 

The scratches look as least a day old, which would indicate they could have happened while you were asleep, either iritation or you scratching because of the bite. 

You should have been advised by your sister to go to the doctors , she should not be looking at woo woo sites for an answer.

The answers are on the internet, how did she miss the obvious,  likely because she went straight to a paranornal site, this is not research, it is a dangerous way of trying to find out what could be a serious medical issue which could result in an infection.

Can i ask you, are your parents around? 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Vile? I have given you the medical term for this. We have seen this numerous times before.

Didn't see the OP mention you when they said vile,but.

I would check it medically first for your health's sake but if you feel its something paranormal it usually is.Nobody else can feel what your feeling with these things,don't take on negative vibes from anyone on or off line as some people are just nasty characters.

10 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I am one here that believes scratches are one of the more common signs of paranormal activity. Along with the above additional strangeness, there is a good likeliness something beyond the normal is involved in those odd placed scratches. Keep tabs on things going on and hopefully this will be the last malevolent attack. If it continues then it is time to take action.

You are walking on thin ice here. Looking at the OP image it might be possible that the injuries were made by the OP itself and we do not know how old the poster is. I would say s/he is a teenager, maybe suffering a psychological issue and looking for attention.

I know you jump on every "paranormal " train here but maybe its time for you to get asked and advised where the red line between "paranormal" babble and an active support of people, who might suffer a psychological issue but at least a dermatological one, is related to your nonsense notes.

This board is read by 10ks of people out there which include a high number of kids as well. What you are doing by some of your comments is dangerous to kids, especially when a hurt body, as in the OP image, is involved for whatever reasons.

In my opinion, this thread should be closed and deleted as well.

Edited by toast
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, toast said:

You are walking on thin ice here. Looking at the OP image it might be possible that the injuries were made by the OP itself and we do not know how old the poster is. I would say s/he is a teenager, maybe suffering a psychological issue and looking for attention.

I know you jump on every "paranormal " train here but maybe its time for you to get asked and advised where the red line between "paranormal" babble and an active support of people, who might suffer a psychological issue but at least a dermatological one, is related to your nonsense notes.

This board is read by 10ks of people out there which include a high number of kids as well. What you are doing by some of your comments is dangerous to kids, especially when a hurt body, as in the OP image, is involved for whatever reasons.

In my opinion, this thread should be closed and deleted as well.

Many, many, many likes! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked